• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks unwilling to give Hardaway more than $10 - $11 million

GameTime

Green is not a steal at 13 million. He hasn't really proven anything meaningful except being a free agent at the right time. 

With that said, he would be really good in this system. I'm hoping 9-10 was the too much to cover price for JG considering the Grizzlies salary restraints. 

• Like 1

Schlenk studying film of our guys like "meh."  He is proving to be a bit of an a-hole.  I like it.  The Warriors leadership, from ownership to the floor, didn't get where it is by being nice and politically correct.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Schlenk studying film of our guys like "meh."  He is proving to be a bit of an a-hole.  I like it.  The Warriors leadership, from ownership to the floor, didn't get where it is by being nice and politically correct.

If he's not politically correct, he will be fired.  See Danny Ferry.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Warriors got lucky....that's about it. Before the luck started I'd say they were one of the worst talent evaluators in the league.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

That's disappointing! I hate this if it's true 

Many Hawks fans don't understand what ' the market' means in business.....The market sets the value, now some teams for example the Kings will pay above the market value for a player (such as Porter's Max contract 4yr/106mil)..

The market for Baze was in the 14- 17mill dollar range last year...So the question the front office needs to determine is what Will BE  the market for an improving 25year year SG avg 14.5pts per game.... For an indication of the current market for guards Patty Mills signed a 4yr/50mill

If I were the GM i would lock in Hardaway for about 4yr / 60mill contract; so we can solidify our backcourt for the next 4 years; thereafter we can see what we get out of Dorsey, etc., and cross that bridge when we get there... 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, CP61 said:

That's what Hardaway is worth so good for then. I wanted Green but that might be a tad rich. He isn't that different from Paul when he came here.

Ok... now this is getting silly. Maybe it's best to me to come back tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Warriors got lucky....that's about it. Before the luck started I'd say they were one of the worst talent evaluators in the league.

They got "lucky" the same way Morey did. Warriors were/are metrics nerds that value basketball sabermetrics more than on-the-court intangibles (old-school way of thinking). Ferry was of the same mold (Carroll, Korver, Sap were 'metrics' all-stars waaaay before they were actual all-stars). Schlenk also puts a higher value on the 3 ball (37% and >). So, if you are shooting a lot of them you better shoot at better than 31% a clip (Sap).

• Like 1

Let's be honest...this is basically a "cash grab" by the owners.  Just like the Braves ownership did.  You sell the facility (tax funded) and you make huge money for a couple years.  Team might not be worth spit - but you sell the "experience".  Phillips is undergoing a $300 million dollar upgrade...mostly to entice the rich and famous to have the best spots on the new floor level bar and to entice regular folks to come to see them.

It's going to be a big hip-hop joint. 

Not that there is anything wrong with that.