• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks unwilling to give Hardaway more than $10 - $11 million

GameTime

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Maybe we could switch Bazemore's contract to THJ and pay Bazemore $10-11 million.

Baze MIGHT be worth 10 million...if he got incentives for turnovers and blown layups.  I think his contract is limiting numerous options, including THJs. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Plastic Man said:

Baze MIGHT be worth 10 million...if he got incentives for turnovers and blown layups.  I think his contract is limiting numerous options, including THJs. 

Well, since Plumlee is getting $12.5 million, Bazemore would still be underpaid at $10-11 million.

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

If he's not politically correct, he will be fired.  See Danny Ferry.

KB21, I have a a lot of respect for your viewpoint. But I think you hold Danny Ferry in too high a regard. Ferry knew how to construct a roster, and he scouted pro personnel very well, which I cannot say for BudCox. However, he was below average in his drafting (hit on Dennis, missed on Jenkins, Noguiera, and Payne).

But I think the reality of the circumstances surrounding his ouster were more complicated than simply lacking political correctness. He made a dumb mistake in reading the report that he did. I don't think he was an actual racist. And he was definitely caught in the crossfire of an ugly ownership dispute.

But David Aldridge documented how Ferry basically didn't have a lot of friends around the league, nor in the org) because of his arrogant and condescending attitude. And when he made the mistake that he made, he simply didn't have the goodwill around the league (let alone within the organization) to survive the situation. There were Bobby Knight-esque stories of how poorly he treated even low level employees of the Hawks.

All in all, we definitely would be in a better state organizationally right now had Ferry been around the last 3 years. But Ferry's fate did still have a lot to do with the fragile nature of his relationships. And I think he's likely learned from the whole thing, and would likely come back a better person in his next opportunity. Heck, Adam Silver even recommended him for the Milwaukee opening. So, there's still room for a happy ending for him. Hopefully Schlenk has a happy chapter in store for us, and right now I think he has at least earned the benefit of the doubt as he gets started.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, parfait said:

KB21, I have a a lot of respect for your viewpoint. But I think you hold Danny Ferry in too high a regard. Ferry knew how to construct a roster, and he scouted pro personnel very well, which I cannot say for BudCox. However, he was below average in his drafting (hit on Dennis, missed on Jenkins, Noguiera, and Payne).

But I think the reality of the circumstances surrounding his ouster were more complicated than simply lacking political correctness. He made a dumb mistake in reading the report that he did. I don't think he was an actual racist. And he was definitely caught in the crossfire of an ugly ownership dispute.

But David Aldridge documented how Ferry basically didn't have a lot of friends around the league, nor in the org) because of his arrogant and condescending attitude. And when he made the mistake that he made, he simply didn't have the goodwill around the league (let alone within the organization) to survive the situation. There were Bobby Knight-esque stories of how poorly he treated even low level employees of the Hawks.

All in all, we definitely would be in a better state organizationally right now had Ferry been around the last 3 years. But Ferry's fate did still have a lot to do with the fragile nature of his relationships. And I think he's likely learned from the whole thing, and would likely come back a better person in his next opportunity. Heck, Adam Silver even recommended him for the Milwaukee opening. So, there's still room for a happy ending for him. Hopefully Schlenk has a happy chapter in store for us, and right now I think he has at least earned the benefit of the doubt as he gets started.

I'll give you that Danny missed on some draft picks, and I'll also give you that he may not have been the nicest guy to be around at the office.  Sometimes though, when you are focused on your work, there isn't time to be nice.  Nick Saban is the best football coach on the planet, and he's an absolutely asshole to be around.  I'm a physician, and I have no issues with giving the IT department pure hell when the EHR isn't working.

With the draft misses though, Danny was excellent at identifying international talent.  In his first draft, the guy Danny really wanted with that pick was Evan Fournier, who is now overpaid but is a quality player who can shoot.  In 2014, Danny was targeting Kristaps Porzingis before he pulled out, including a rumored promise to take him with the 15th pick.  In 2013, the rumor was that Danny Ferry had promised Giannis Antetokoumpo with the 17th pick.  In the what could have been file, imagine the team today had Danny been able to get Giannis and Kristaps in successive drafts?

I would keep Hardaway. Now my back court is locked down for 4 years. The more players we let go and longer this rebuild will take.

11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Schlenk studying film of our guys like "meh."  He is proving to be a bit of an a-hole.  I like it.  The Warriors leadership, from ownership to the floor, didn't get where it is by being nice and politically correct.

Right! Great to see a guy in charge who can be unbiased.

THJ to me is just a 6th man, not a franchise SG some Hawks fans are hoping he'll be. He's replaceable.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, parfait said:

Ferry overrated? Look at the moves he made, are you kidding me? 

Let go through it.

1. Traded Joe's monster albatross of a contract

2. Traded an underachieving Marvin

3.Signed Demarre Carrol for literally peanuts

3. Signed Kent Bazemore for literally peanuts.

4. Signed Milsap on a bargain deal

5. Signed Korver on a bargain deal

7. Drafted Dennis Schröder, in fact he wanted Antetokounmpo that draft but Bucks beat us to it.

Show me the team that hit on all their non lottery picks. Heck show me the team that hit on all their picks period. Show me one. Non lottery picks are a complete crapshoot. Danny Ferry did the impossible. He got a team of role players to win 60 games. The guy is as smart as they come.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Let go through it.

7. Drafted Dennis Schröder, in fact he wanted Antetokounmpo that draft but Bucks beat us to it.

Show me the team that hit on all their non lottery picks. Heck show me the team that hit on all their picks period. Show me one. Non lottery picks are a complete crapshoot. Danny Ferry did the impossible. He got a team of role players to win 60 games. The guy is as smart as they come.

More importantly, Danny didn't tank the roster out.  Travis Schlenk has a long way to go to be nearly as good as Danny Ferry.

• Like 2

I think Tim will be a Hawk next season. He'll only sign a 1-2 year deal tho and give it a go next season as unrestricted. 

Schlenk has to know he'll make a good trade chip down the line, considering talent at 2 guard is still low in the league. 

Edited by Kimsey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Let go through it.

Is that what you want ? A team of role players who perpetually make the playoffs, but never have a chance to compete ? I just don't get it. People are glorifying Ferry and that one great season like we made the Finals. Like making the playoffs is good enough. That's mediocrity at its finest. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Right! Great to see a guy in charge who can be unbiased.

THJ to me is just a 6th man, not a franchise SG some Hawks fans are hoping he'll be. He's replaceable.

I like Tim but just not sure how much better he can get.  Advanced numbers are decent on both ends but he just doesn't provide anything else consistently to me outside of scoring well off the bounce.  We all knew his market value would be $15 million per for the average franchise.  We ain't average right now and gotta focus on flexibility and value to wait out this storm of mediocre FA classes and superfriend teams.

1 hour ago, Kimsey said:

I think Tim will be a Hawk next season. He'll only sign a 1-2 year deal tho and give it a go next season as unrestricted. 

Schlenk has to know he'll make a good trade chip down the line, considering talent at 2 guard is still low in the league. 

I'd be ok with this 

3 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Is that what you want ? A team of role players who perpetually make the playoffs, but never have a chance to compete ? I just don't get it. People are glorifying Ferry and that one great season like we made the Finals. Like making the playoffs is good enough. That's mediocrity at its finest. 

You want a Superstar? You want LeBron or KD? Good luck with those ping pong balls.

Ill take a 60 win team of role players any day of the week. At least that way your sell yourself on top free agents.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You want a Superstar? You want LeBron or KD? Good luck with those ping pong balls.

Ill take a 60 win team of role players any day of the week. At least that way your sell yourself on top free agents.

Strangely enough, the complete opposite happened. Teams began poaching our role players ("All Stars") and left us where we are today. I'm tired of not being in the championship conversation. I understand now that not everyone feels that way.

2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Strangely enough, the complete opposite happened. Teams began poaching our role players ("All Stars") and left us where we are today. I'm tired of not being in the championship conversation. I understand now that not everyone feels that way.

Do really believe we will get a generational talent in the draft? The odds of that are like 1/50, maybe 1/100.

• Like 1