• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Kelly Olynyk

GameTime

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Do both.  Both guys are quality players.  Olynyk has the 9th highest VORP of his draft class.  In the same class, Muscala has the 19th highest VORP.   If you look at BPM, Olynyk is 9th and Muscala is 14th.  

If you go back to the 2012 draft, Jae Crowder has the 5th highest VORP of that draft class and 4th highest BPM.  I was extremely high on Jae Crowder in that draft.  

I'd love to see some rumors of Atlanta being interested in Mason Plumlee as well, and I would love to see that happen.  

Who cares about an obscure advanced stat from 4 years ago? What have they done in the pros? Olynyk is an upgrade over Moose but that's not saying a lot. I don't care to see Moose back but if Olynyk costs a lot more then I would rather have Moose if I have to choose between the two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who cares about an obscure advanced stat from 4 years ago? What have they done in the pros? Olynyk is an upgrade over Moose but that's not saying a lot. I don't care to see Moose back but if Olynyk costs a lot more then I would rather have Moose if I have to choose between the two.

And Olynyk is going to get paid. Crowder, I'd take him with at most a 2nd rounder. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

That's not from four years ago.  That is based on their NBA production.  Olynyk is a top 10 player from his draft class while Muscala is top 15.  Now, if I wanted to go back to their college stats, then Olynyk and Muscala are #1 and #2 from the 2012-2013 college season in PER.  Olynyk had a 36.2 PER while Muscala's was 35.7.  Kelly Olynyk was #1 in WS/48 that year as well.  #2 was.......Mike Muscala.  

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That's not from four years ago.  That is based on their NBA production.  Olynyk is a top 10 player from his draft class while Muscala is top 15.  Now, if I wanted to go back to their college stats, then Olynyk and Muscala are #1 and #2 from the 2012-2013 college season in PER.  Olynyk had a 36.2 PER while Muscala's was 35.7.  Kelly Olynyk was #1 in WS/48 that year as well.  #2 was.......Mike Muscala.  

Ah my mistake then. I read it as you were referring to their college stats when you said in their draft class. Neither of them are worth a damn at the NBA level so I really have no interest in him unless the choice is only between the 2 of them. I would pay double for Willie Reed over either of these guys. 

2 minutes ago, DrReality said:

These guys are coachable and would do well in our system. 

You can't coach the soft out of players though. At least Olynyk would be a new kind of soft for us so there'd be some curiosity as a fan but I'm tired of soft bigs. 

If the Hawks do end up landing Kelly Olynyk, then it is a great thing because it is a sign that we are definitely getting back to "Bud Ball" where the ball will be moving and players will be moving.  We will be better at spacing the floor and opening up lanes for cutters.   

It's going to be so good to get back to that style of play.  Unselfishness.  Ball Movement.  Working to get the best shot.  

22 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You can't coach the soft out of players though. At least Olynyk would be a new kind of soft for us so there'd be some curiosity as a fan but I'm tired of soft bigs. 

In complete agreement re bigs but also agree with KB that the players we r getting will be better if they buy into the system. SA always maximized their talent by the system they ran and that's what we need to do given the talent. 

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If the Hawks do end up landing Kelly Olynyk, then it is a great thing because it is a sign that we are definitely getting back to "Bud Ball" where the ball will be moving and players will be moving.  We will be better at spacing the floor and opening up lanes for cutters.   

It's going to be so good to get back to that style of play.  Unselfishness.  Ball Movement.  Working to get the best shot.  

You can't really have that style with Dwight. I'm glad he is gone.

We might not agree on much, but I bet we can agree on that.

• Like 2

I always liked the kid.  Very good shooter at .477 and .368 career, good team defender, good cutter for a Big.  Gotta hit that glass harder for a 7 footer though.  A short deal betting on himself to make a big jump under Bud is likely, I wouldn't be opposed.

Edited by benhillboy

46 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hey! We agree on something! He's a Budball player who helps now, and going forward.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

"Not if I have anything to say about it" :Schroder:

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We got rid of one soft center in Horford. We damn sure don't need the lesser and even softer white version of him in Olynyk. Let the Nets fall on that grenade. I absolutely do not want that soft as charmin "big man" on our team.