• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GOODBYE THJ!

JTB

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah it's highly likely this happens though I have a hard time agreeing with it.

lol not that my opinion matters to Schlenk.

Really was hoping for a team that could still win some games with full effort but think we are going to be forced to be patient on those wins. Plenty of offseason to go but you know...That winning feeling isn't so good right now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ATLBob said:

After reading the last few pages it sounds like some y'all tryna talk yourselves into matching this sheet.

Y'all nuts???

That offer is ... something special.

Forget Baze's contract; THJ is in no way, shape, or form worth that contract.

That wouldn't make him an asset, it'd make him a negative asset ... just like Baze is now.

Hard hard hard hard hard pass.

This is worthy of conversation.

THJr as I said in another post is a 15 ppg player shooting 45.5% from the field, 36% from 3...  in 27 mpg... Last season.  Last Season, as attempts went... you had Dennis and Paul shooting most of the shots, followed by THJr.   

This season...  I would supposed that THJr would get more minutes if we resigned him... Let's just say 32 mpg.   At that rate...  if he kept up the same scoring rate as before, he would average 18.8 ppg.  I don't think it's a stretch to believe that with 32 mpg, he could improve over the summer to give us 20.5 ppg.   That would put him in the same area as Bradley Beal.   Beal is making 26 Million per year on his current contract.   Moreover Beal plays 35 mpg.  If we projected THJr to 35mpg, his ppg output may be better than Beals...

IN terms of PER, THJr was #17 amoung SGs... and he wasn't a full time starter.  His PER ranked him better than guys like Khris Middleton, Devin Booker, and Victor Oladipo. 

What do you think happens if he is given starters minutes?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Biggest reason there's zero chance we match is the trade kicker. He'd be virtually untradeable for 4 years. 

Untradable if he doesn't improve.  However, if he surpasses a Beal Level...  Teams will be begging for us to trade him to them. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And if you think THJ has the ability to be as good as Butler, McCollum, or even Beal, you're just delusional and watching him through his flashy play.

I think when you give him more minutes... more shots..  He has the ability to put up between 20 - 23 ppg.    I don't know if that makes him better than those guys, but I think that will mean that he's lived up to the contract that is before us now.  Moreover, I don't see teams hesitating to want to trade for him under those circumstances... even with a Kicker...

I also think if you let him walk... we get Nothing.   What is capspace to a rebuilding team with a History of not being able to attract FAs?

• Like 2

just renounced Thabo and Hump - not really to sign timmy i dont think but dayum, this plan is crazy, we just keep getting rid of players, only thing i can think is they see lots of developmental guys they can get for cheap and are going to load up when things die down

9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

This is one question I want answered.

The next is: What team won a championship after a complete tank?

And what team foolishly pays two SG's waaaayyyy too much money to NOT make the playoffs? One can't defend, the other chucks up shots, turns the ball over as soon as he dribbles and is better known for being the best cheerleader the club has! 

Someone please help me understand the complaining considering the destitute state Budcox left the team in.  Schlenk didn't mismanage our assets nor did he trade away a 60 win team with little to show for it.  IMHO if we match this offer we deserve to win the 20 games along with a few highlights.  That's much better than building a successful team capable of advancing in the playoffs WITH continued flexibility to make moves.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

to NOT make the playoffs? One can't defend, the other chucks up shots, turns the ball over as soon as he dribbles and is better known for being the best cheerleader the club has! 

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

And what team foolishly pays two SG's waaaayyyy too much money to NOT make the playoffs? One can't defend, the other chucks up shots, turns the ball over as soon as he dribbles and is better known for being the best cheerleader the club has! 

Someone please help me understand the complaining considering the destitute state Budcox left the team in.  Schlenk didn't mismanage our assets nor did he trade away a 60 win team with little to show for it.  IMHO if we match this offer we deserve to win the 20 games along with a few highlights.  That's much better than building a successful team capable of advancing in the playoffs WITH continued flexibility to make moves.

Well, We;re not talking about paying 2 SGs... we're talking about the potential of 1.  If you don't believe in THJr's potential and possibility... address that.  However, he and Baze stands alone. 

IF GS were to offer us Klay for a pick.. meaning we had to take on his salary would you consider the fact that Baze is making so much??  That's not good Basketball.  Moreover, who is the money you're saving for?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I'm not saying Schlenk has mismanaged anything so far. I like his moves so far, I just want him to keep THJ.

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, We;re not talking about paying 2 SGs... we're talking about the potential of 1.  If you don't believe in THJr's potential and possibility... address that.  However, he and Baze stands alone. 

IF GS were to offer us Klay for a pick.. meaning we had to take on his salary would you consider the fact that Baze is making so much??  That's not good Basketball.  Moreover, who is the money you're saving for?

Not about Baze really...we screwed that up.  I don't think Hardaway is a bad player, but neither do I think a contract such as his matches what the Hawks want to do.  I want them to spend....wisely.  If you think the money going to Hardaway is good, we will see I guess.

Going into free agency, I was actually thinking we should go as high as $17-18M per year to match him because I thought he still had potential and just needed to become smarter with his shots (more efficient), while improving his defense. I thought he could also turn more into a playmaker with some ball-handling duties. But after seeing some of the contracts this free agency and especially after seeing what Waiters got, I think the risk is too high in terms of matching this offer. If Schlenk wants flexibility, then I think the smart decision is to pass, as the risk is too high that THJ won't improve to meet this contract. 

• Like 2

Please go with Belli and Bembry with Dorsey getting minutes at both guard positions and let THjr go. I would much rather develop the young kids for a fraction of the cost COMBINED compared to what we'd have to pay THjr while hoping he takes his game to the next level. No sir that type of contract is for someone who's already there and not someone still trying to get there. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Schlenk didn't mismanage our assets nor did he trade away a 60 win team with little to show for it.  IMHO if we match this offer we deserve to win the 20 games along with a few highlights.

Currently, we are a 12 win team.  Getting THJr may make us a 20 win team.  We're lottery bound regardless and I think that's the plan.  However, I would rather bring in a High Calibre Rook with assets that can still grow with him than with Nothing. 

What exactly is Hardaway's ceiling? What if he's already reached it? Is that worth a 71 million dollars contract loaded with nonsense?

If you sign Hardaway, you're  gambling that there is  more to his game and that's dangerous considering his contract. He's not worth that contract now and there is a high probability he won't in the future. 

With that contract, if he doesn't improve, the team is screwed. Even with Bazemore's contract off the books. This is a bad team. No need to carry another terrible contract that you can't get rid of. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Not about Baze really...we screwed that up.  I don't think Hardaway is a bad player, but neither do I think a contract such as his matches what the Hawks want to do.  I want them to spend....wisely.  If you think the money going to Hardaway is good, we will see I guess.

I think that with increased minutes and shots, it won't be hard for him to meet that contract.  If you believe different, then we certainly will see.  However, at no time should Baze come into the conversation. 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think that with increased minutes and shots, it won't be hard for him to meet that contract.  If you believe different, then we certainly will see.  However, at no time should Baze come into the conversation. 

Absolutely Baze can be brought up.  He's a cautionary tale of giving too much money to a player who hasn't and possibly won't get to the level his contract dictates.  Whatever your argument for, I can certainly opine about the similarities.

Edited by deester11

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Currently, we are a 12 win team.  Getting THJr may make us a 20 win team.  We're lottery bound regardless and I think that's the plan.  However, I would rather bring in a High Calibre Rook with assets that can still grow with him than with Nothing. 

LOL

If you think that THJ is the star the Hawks have been waiting for, you've lost all of your credibility.

• Like 1