• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GOODBYE THJ!

JTB

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Please go with Belli and Bembry with Dorsey getting minutes at both guard positions and let THjr go. I would much rather develop the young kids for a fraction of the cost COMBINED compared to what we'd have to pay THjr while hoping he takes his game to the next level. No sir that type of contract is for someone who's already there and not someone still trying to get there. 

First off..

Belli is no kid.

Bembry and Dorsey are not guaranteed to do anything.   It's like saying... Let's trade Paul Millsap instead of paying him because we have Adrien Payne who is going to be a beast.   The Hawks University is Not Guaranteed to transform players just because they come.  Those players have to have something.  We don't know what Bembry and Dorsey have.  They could easily be in Europe next year with Coriender.  Or out of the League with Eddy.  Just because we draft them, doesn't mean that they are good.   However, we know that Hawks University has done well with THJr.  

Biggest difference between Baze and THJ, Baze hit his ceiling. Baze is nothig more than an energy guy on a complete team. Baze is the poster child for "doing too much" 

THJ still has potential, THJ has all the tools and traits you want in a younger athletes body. THJ will live up to that contract in Atlanta but not in NY. They will stunt his growth.

THJ is a really good young NBA player on the rise. Baze is a DLeague All star that was able to cash in at the right time.

THJ will average 18-23 over the course of that contract. 

Baze will be lucky to get to 15  even with increased shots. 

Baze is Marvin Williams in a 6-5 udfa frame 

THJ is a more athletic Jamal Crawford just sub the handles for hops.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Guard said:

What exactly is Hardaway's ceiling? What if he's already reached it? Is that worth a 71 million dollars contract loaded with nonsense?

If you sign Hardaway, you're  gambling that there is  more to his game and that's dangerous considering his contract. He's not worth that contract now and there is a high probability he won't in the future. 

With that contract, if he doesn't improve, the team is screwed. Even with Bazemore's contract off the books. This is a bad team. No need to carry another terrible contract that you can't get rid of. 

Yes.  We believe that there's more to his game.   #1... he only played 27 mpg last season. 

In fact, I looked up his splits...

January.. He played in 15 games.. started 2.   14.5 ppg.  (28.3 mpg, 46%, 41%)

February  He played in 11 games... started 10.  17.5 ppg. (31.3 mpg, 46%, 38%)

March  He played in 16 games...started 7.  18.3 ppg. (32.3 mpg, 47%, 36%)

April he played in 6 games started 6.  18.2 ppg. (33.2 mpg, 51%, 41%)

I believe that he will improve with improved minutes and more shots. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

LOL

If you think that THJ is the star the Hawks have been waiting for, you've lost all of your credibility.

You do realize that we won 13 games with Joe Johnson on our team?  He went on to be a 7 time allstar... You realize that right?

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You do realize that we won 13 games with Joe Johnson on our team?  He went on to be a 7 time allstar... You realize that right?

Joe came in the next year. We only won twenty six games that year so your point is still there.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2005.html

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah... we have Capspace and Rookies... but no talent.

Image result for money playing basketball

I guess we have to figure out how good capspace can shoot because we won't get any good free agents and we're not trying to hold on to talent we've grown.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah... we have Capspace and Rookies... but no talent.

Image result for money playing basketball

I guess we have to figure out how good capspace can shoot because we won't get any good free agents and we're not trying to hold on to talent we've grown.  

Another wasted first round pick. 

Jesus bud. 

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sweet job being delusional. Joe Johnson has more talent in his right arm than Tim Hardaway Jr does PERIOD. THJ will fail in NY again, BOOK IT.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Sweet job being delusional. Joe Johnson has more talent in his right arm than Tim Hardaway Jr does PERIOD. THJ will fail in NY again, BOOK IT.

Yes, Joe was one of the top shooting guards in the league at the time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Afro said:

Was Bud a worse GM than Phil? 

Both all around pathetic, but bud destroyed a team, Phil couldn't build one. 

Both only acquired one real player in their tenure but Kristaps>>>prince. 

This is what I've been harping about.  I didn't want nor did I think the Hawks would match that crazy salary, but the Hawks are paying for the transgressions of a madman! HA.  Well, the so-called flexibility is there.  What Schlenk does in the next few months will see that magnitude of that rebuild I guess.

IMHO, we dodged a bullet.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Afro said:

Another wasted first round pick. 

Jesus bud. 

Not really.

What we got out of THjr this year is superior to what we see in Oubre or Portis (the two main guys that the pundits thought we were considering).

If Oubre or Portis go on to become something special, then you're right.

But for now, it appears to have been the quintessential lemonade out of lemons choice.

• Like 1

Just now, sturt said:

Not really.

What we got out of THjr this year is superior to what we see in Oubre or Portis (the two main guys that the pundits thought we were considering).

If Oubre or Portis go on to become something special, then you're right.

But for now, it appears to have been the quintessential lemonade out of lemons choice.

I disagree. Portis/oubre are something. 

We literally have nothing from that now. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Afro said:

Both only acquired one real player in their tenure but Kristaps>>>prince.

Right. So very strange that a player chosen #4 > one chosen #12. Crazy stuff.

• Like 1