• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diamond Stone... Waived..

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Does this improve the chances for Kaba Ranks to get some preseason burn, or is he still set for Stashadelphia?

~lw3

Ima laugh again.  He signed overseas... He's not playing for us. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

The whole purpose of a down year (tank year as you tankers love to say) ...is to see what your young guys are all about while going through this tough time.

we aren't playing to win at the current moment we are playing to see how high the ceiling is for these guys and if they CAN be apart of something great in the future.

no need to diss or knock stone . We didn't give him a chance.

I think I told you a few weeks back... Our new GM doesn't know what he's doing.  It's just a firesale....  Don't get too caught up on anybody on this squad... Dennis may be gone by this evening. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think I told you a few weeks back... Our new GM doesn't know what he's doing.  It's just a firesale....  Don't get too caught up on anybody on this squad... Dennis may be gone by this evening. 

But half of the blinded board would be ok with trading everyone.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Not getting too caught up in anything. There was obviously something with stone that the whole organization didn't like or they saw better value somewhere else. I'm not one to believe Schlenk is making decisions without it being agreed upon with the whole front office ...that would be out of character of someone who just came from golden state to make all commands and not consult with others in the front office.

the only reason you don't like Schlenk is because he didn't stay the course like the past gms we've had over the last 10 years. But at some point you got to realize staying the course (not breaking up the team for the better) is going to have to happen. Ferry did it but he screwed us with the two year contracts. Plus he had too many players close to 30.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Not getting too caught up in anything. There was obviously something with stone that the whole organization didn't like or they saw better value somewhere else. I'm not one to believe Schlenk is making decisions without it being agreed upon with the whole front office ...that would be out of character of someone who just came from golden state to make all commands and not consult with others in the front office.

the only reason you don't like Schlenk is because he didn't stay the course like the past gms we've had over the last 10 years. But at some point you got to realize staying the course (not breaking up the team for the better) is going to have to happen. Ferry did it but he screwed us with the two year contracts. Plus he had too many players close to 30.

I beg to differ.  It's clear that ending the season, Bud wanted to keep Sap.  Bud said that we're committed to Millsap and he is the prototype.  Sap left without an offer.   I hate to say it but Bud is just a dead Duck of a coach because he doesn't seem to have much say in how HIS team is constructed. 

What that should also tell you is that we're not rebuilding.  We are tanking.  Schlenk just wants to get us into the lottery.  He doesn't care about Young players with potential, he cares about roster spots and savaging money.  Believe me... if he finds a trade partner that would take Dennis, Dennis is gone... AND once he gets his draft pick... Bud is probably gone too.. because I don't think he loves Hawks University. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

This makes the deal all the harder to understand.  The cash we received from LA basically offsets against Stone's salary and we cut Crawford so we will end up paying like $12M for a late first round pick.  That seems like a really, really high cost.  If we had kept Crawford to deal next offseason, I would get this better.

Image result for I told you so Gif

48 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He is starting to remind me of another man in charge that also talks out of both ends.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No offense to anyone in particular, but I'll gain some regard for anyone's opinion of Schlenk or, for that matter, any other GM, once I'm made to understand that some NBA owner was impressed enough with his/her resume' to make an offer. 

Please don't be shy and let us all know if/when that happens so that the rest of us can bow to your superiority.

Come to think of it, just let us know if you're invited to become a scout, and I promise to ooh and ahh.

Don't get me wrong. I don't pretend to know whether this is or isn't evidence of incompetence. Maybe it is. And no one to my knowledge raised hell more than I did about how the outcome of the Crawford buyout... objectively... proved to be a win for him, a loss for Schlenk.

But even so, it seems wise to me to give it a year... at least... to see a better picture from which to pass judgment, not just one decision or two.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Well I sure hope he has something up his sleeve because that trade really cost us money.

We got a draft pick! Haha

3 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It looks like this Stone was no Diamond in the rough.

https://m.imgur.com/t/reaction/vVkoPPU

• Premium Member

This doesn't make much sense to me. This upcoming season is the best chance to give young guys burn and see what they can do with it. Stone is a true center and is awfully young. The contract being fully guaranteed makes this even more puzzling.

• Like 1

Stupid move if you ask me... we are rebuilding no matter what people say, we are going to win 30 games at best, we need less of Plumlees and Bellinellis and more of Diamond Stones and young and developing players. Stupid move by our GM unless something is going to happen... we all know is not the case....

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Okay, I'm just going to say it, but with apologies to Stone--the only way this makes sense to me is if Hawks HQ has become aware of something he's not proud of, and that was going to prevent him from playing at all.

I have no inside tel. And I hate to be one to heighten suspicion, but for the life of me, that's the only thing I can figure.

It's one thing to guess badly what Crawford's buyout number should be... it's a whole other thing to just essentially burn through $1m+ for no apparent reason.

There just HAS to be a reason Schlenk did this.

• Moderators

It isn't so much cutting him that is crazy to me.  He didn't do much last year, was a second round pick (most of whom wash out) and didn't impress in summer ball.  It is the fact that we took on guaranteed salary with him and he appeared to be an asset acquired in the Crawford deal.   Cutting him may be a predicate to another move but it is strange that we didn't want to give him any time in the NBA if he was really considered an asset in the deal rather than a liability we had to take (similar to Crawford).

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Diamond Stone got cut because Moose Goggles reminded Bud of the pictures that he has and said... there will be no competition for me this season. 

I don't think Stone would have been competition for anyone anyway.  If I see Collins or Dedmon cut, then maybe I can buy into this theory of Moose having the ability to eliminate the competition.  (More likely is that Moose inexplicably gets minutes ahead of them).

• Like 1