• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder watch

TheNorthCydeRises

On 11/13/2017 at 8:40 AM, hazer said:

Bingo. Take Menace/Printz/Baptist, toss in a top 3 homerun pick, sprinkle on a savvy star trade or FA, simmer a bench of IT/daFro/Dorsey/Babbit/etc, and Schlenkholzer is cooking up some Finals appearances.

Kinda of funny in that we knew Babbitt could shoot when we picked him up but would have never thought he could actually be a true rotation guy to depend on. And then he shoots lights out a few games and I become ok with it. Just proves there is always a place for a quality long range shooter in the NBA almost no matter the faults that accompany them.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Kinda of funny in that we knew Babbitt could shoot when we picked him up but would have never thought he could actually be a true rotation guy to depend on. And then he shoots lights out a few games and I'm ok with it. Just proves there is always a place for a quality long range shooter in the NBA almost no matter the faults that accompany them.

And those handles and drives!

• Like 2

Yeah that’s what schlenk is going to go for but we can’t get too ahead of ourselves. These players still have to have time to develop their skills and build chemistry on and off the court.

also we have to pay attention to how the east shakes out over the 2-4 years to really determine if we can be a top 4 seed.

last we need to do our best getting this draft pick right as you stated!....We still have major holes at SG and a future center going forward so which is more important to take care of in this years draft?

This is the biggest if ever, but if Doncic was to come in and give us say 15 -18 ppg along with some decent rebounding and assists (basically a bit less than the numbers he's putting up in Europe) we're a center away from being a top team in the East. That's more a testament to how bad the East is, but my point remains.

The Cavs and the Celtics are the only two teams that would be clearly better. When I look at the current standings, I see a lot of teams that should still be in the lottery, but are winning games because somebody has to. The Pistons seriously are not that much better than us currently, yet they are 2nd in the East.

While our young players still need time to grow, they are effective right now. I know why other people have questioned him, but I think getting a player like Okafor could really take us to another level in our rebuild.

A lineup of Dennis/Doncic/Prince/Collins/Okafor gives us at least 3 guys capable of getting 20 points on a given night. We could finally send Bazemore to the bench which I think everyone would agree suits him best. We'd have some money to resign Dedmon as a defensive presence and add a vet or two to this group. Maybe sign a player like Hezonja who hasn't worked out in Orlando, but could improve a lot more with a coaching staff that can develop talent.

Dennis/Taylor/Delaney

Doncic/Bembry/

Prince/Bazemore/Hezonja

Collins/Babbitt/Ilyasova

Dedmon/Okafor

That's a competitive team in the East, and one that could​ grow for years. I know Supes and others thinks this team would be trash on defense, but you'd say the same about the 60-win team on paper.

Teague/Korver/Carroll/Millsap/Horford doesn't look particularly intimidating defensively, but we still were one of the defenses in the NBA. Okafor isn't Horford, but I think he can play much better defense than we've previously seen from him.

With Bazemore and Plumlee's contracts we'd even have the resources to trade for a bigger piece should a disgruntled star become available in the future.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Moderators

The problem with Dennis is he plays street ball and not NBA basketball.  He fills up the stat sheet, but he doesn't understand how to set up the offense or to get his teammate an open shot.  He relies too heavily on his raw talent and speed instead of using fundamental basketball knowledge to create opportunities and this will hurt him later in his career when he loses half a step.  Heck, last night vs. the Pelicans, Nawlins knew to just sit back and wait for Dennis to drive and block his layup at the hoop.  The ball also spends too long in his hands at times.  Numerous instances of him dribbling around the block a few times, burning 8-10 seconds off the shot clock before forcing something to happen.  Literally, the majority of Schröder's game, is dribble around and drive.  This type of play is okay for a 6th man, but our starting PG needs to have a higher understanding of the game than what Dennis has shown so far.  He needs to learn how to use his teammates more and pick up fundamental basketball to create offense.  Also, he seems to have lost that dog on defense that he came into the league with.

• Like 2

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The way it has been going here recently many more threads will need to be merged into the existing tank thread. Ears are sore. 

Flag it for lw3 and I when merging needs to happen.  We've done a chunk of that and will continue.

• Like 1

I'm a big Dennis supporter, but this was still not one of his best games. I would like to see him get his teammates more involved when they are hot.  He will definitely get his when they are not.  That's my only complaint about tonight and the 5 turnovers.  I believe this is his turn the corner game to get back to what he was doing at the beginning of the season. I just want to see the young fella to continue to improve.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm a big Dennis supporter, but this was still not one of his best games. I would like to see him get his teammates more involved when they are hot.  He will definitely get his when they are not.  That's my only complaint about tonight and the 5 turnovers.  I believe this is his turn the corner game to get back to what he was doing at the beginning of the season. I just want to see the young fella to continue to improve.

I think he had some hockey assists too (no data yet) He had some real nice passes but didn't realized the opponent had figured them out at some point and that's why he threw away the ball 3 times in a row. If he had stopped these passes after the initial turn of this squence I would have been absolutely fine with his game.
And of course it's much easier to get his part of the scoring if his mates have to be respected to. Can't complain about 8/12 FGs

• Premium Member
On 11/13/2017 at 8:40 AM, hazer said:

Bingo. Take Menace/Printz/Baptist, toss in a top 3 homerun pick, sprinkle on a savvy star trade or FA, simmer a bench of IT/daFro/Dorsey/Babbit/etc, and Schlenkholzer is cooking up some Finals appearances.

Image result for puff puff pass meme

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rd79 said:

@aali34 If you use Youtube Links like that: https://youtu.be/tZAuZZ4Zt1I?t=44, they will start at the second given in the link (?t=44)

I realize this pains you to no end but...

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Image result for puff puff pass meme

See above. You seem to be the one high on the downer buzz, opposite of what's actually developing here. Walk into the light, Miserable One, Shredder is already a top 15 PG and the Hawks are a top 3pt shooting team under Jent. They were tied or led in the 4th quarter in 8 of their 12 losses with THIS squad. Add DV Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley and a star trade/FA to Menace, Fresh Printz, and The Baptist and they're in the playoffs in 2019. Tonight's chef's special is the truth, next up is crow. Denial is a HELLuva drug  :hug:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Effortless

Dennis will always flash, but we have yet to see him put the complete package on the floor where he is shooting well, attacking the basket, getting teammates involved, protecting the basketball, and DEFENDING.