• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Excellent write up. One question though...

Will this be the first game day thread that won't dissolve into another pointless tanking diatribe by one poster who for someone can't be called a word that rhymes with mole?

Praying we can avoid a tank vs. anti-tank discussion. Dear Lawd I'm sick of hearing about it! Let's go Hawks and actual on-the-court bball talk!

Ps-great write up yo!

• Like 4

I’m expecting this one to get ugly real quick.  Our only chance is controlling the glass with an emphasis on those long caroms that turn into 50/50 balls.  They Rockets are a mid-pack offensive rebounding team but any they get is surely going up from 3.  When they drop they’re so damn demoralizing, especially them clowns shooting from 27 feet out.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

And there we have them again. Dennis starting to pile up those turnovers to come up for the first few games. 

I'm honestly shocked that Dennis isn't one of the league leaders in turnovers, considering the lack of offensive firepower on this team.  I would've thought he'd constantly try to do too much, but he doesn't.  Abnormal turnover game for him tonight, but still efficient shooting wise.

Great convo between Nique and Stinger about shooting 3s vs taking midrange jumpers to develop their shot.  These NBA coaches ruin some of these young players by pretty much forcing them to take 25 foot jumpers, when they may not be strong enough to make that shot at a consistent rate.   Most college kids who are good 3 point shooters, are good 22 foot shooters . . . not good 25 foot shooters.

• Like 2

Just now, StephenHawking said:

Man Harden is on MVP mode tonight. Crazy. All those Rockets shooters clicking tonight. 

Man I miss Bembry he would've limited Harden. 

& can someone explain me why we switch Muscala on Harden every time? They don't even force us to do so.

Because that is the defense.  We even collapse the paint on guys who are no threat to score on the inside, which is why we leave so many 3 point shooters open.

• Like 2

I saw Isaiah Taylor make a play that I wish Dennis would make more often. Rockets scored, IT got the inbound and just turned on the jets and got a layup right back. Dennis is very content with jogging up the court and setting up his first step, but he's fast.. not just first step fast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DBac said:

I saw Isaiah Taylor make a play that I wish Dennis would make more often. Rockets scored, IT got the inbound and just turned on the jets and got a layup right back. Dennis is very content with jogging up the court and setting up his first step, but he's fast.. not just first step fast.

Yeah I think that is probably a coaching thing. Not sure why though.

Just now, noble said:

Yeah I think that is probably a coaching thing. Not sure why though.

You may be right. It's frustrating, looking around at the fast PGs in the league they use their speed to their advantage in the fastbreak, but we're too often content with trying to create in the halfcourt with limited players (especially this year).

12 minutes ago, DBac said:

You may be right. It's frustrating, looking around at the fast PGs in the league they use their speed to their advantage in the fastbreak, but we're too often content with trying to create in the halfcourt with limited players (especially this year).

My guess is with a limited roster Bud doesn't want to get into a track meet type game. Slow it down and try to control the clock a little bit. But they are taking it to an extreme.