• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Jazz

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Dennis is like Tauren you drop 38. Hold my drink.  I'll drop 40.

He should have help the Hawks drop in the standings, but great job tonight Dennis.

I think he was tired of listening to all of his haters after each game

Just now, DBac said:

More like Bud seeing Dennis on fire and realizing it'll look really suspicious to the league if he tries pulling him to get IT in there again :ninja:

I don’t think they minded winning this one too much. Looks like they’re content with 3rd and who they can draft in that slot. Beat a former assistant coach in his house. And shored up the 15th pick for ourselves.

Just now, hazer said:

I don’t think they minded winning this one too much. Looks like they’re content with 3rd and who they can draft in that slot. Beat a former assistant coach in his house. And shored up the 15th pick for ourselves.

I don't think Minnesota will get us the 15th pick. Their record will definitely be better than Milwaukee's for one. And now they're ahead of the Jazz in the standings.

• Moderators

I can't tell Quin what to do, and Jae was no great shakes out there, but Crowder really should've started (filling in for Favors) instead of the popsicle stick disguised as Jerebko. Crowder would have at least forced some turnovers or got to the line or... something.

~lw3

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DBac said:

I don't think Minnesota will get us the 15th pick. Their record will definitely be better than Milwaukee's for one. And now they're ahead of the Jazz in the standings.

Close enough to it, Robert Williams of A&M please and thank you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davis171 said:

He would be a terrible fit with Collins solid player though.

Not so fast. With a 7’6 wingspan averaging 2.5 blocks in 24 minutes, he could be the rim protector at C that J-Bap is not. He also has a nice mid-range shot. 

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

The Jazz have won 22 of 24 against everyone else and they looked like total garbage in both games against us. Not much you can do when they shoot like that. And for all of their defensive prowess, they acted like they had never seen someone move quickly with a basketball. Dennis got everything he wanted. If we had to win at least we got a memorable performance out of it.

• Like 4

Too bad that most of the fan base couldn't enjoy this.  I actually fell asleep on this game at halftime.   Shocked to see Dennis explode in the 4th like that.   

As for the tank . . . Bud played Dennis 35 minutes and Taurean 37 minutes.

I still say that the Hawks DO NOT want the top pick.   I wonder what is the monetary difference between paying for the 1st pick, compared to the 5th pick? ** checking **

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2017/06/23/2017-nba-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections/#77d52ed7be15

If there aren't any clear cut Hall of Famers in this draft, they may not want to spend the extra 2.5 million a year to get the #1 pick, compared to the #5 pick.

• Like 1

Dennis was outstanding...that bullshit about him not being able to play off ball need to stop. He can clearly play off ball and understands what he need to do to get it open.

if we do draft Doncic they will both be a great fit for each other.

oh and we really need to resign dedmon...we didn’t see his best this season.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 4

• Moderators
7 hours ago, DBac said:

Donovan Mitchell threw up enough bricks to break our tank.

Not the worst loss, we had a little room.

Room for what?  Everyone of these wins costs us slots for our worst case scenario and limits our best case scenario.  We have less then zero room.  We have ground to make up not room to give.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Room for what?  Everyone of these wins costs us slots for our worst case scenario and limits our best case scenario.  We have less then zero room.  We have ground to make up not room to give.

This always happens with every win...The Fans get salty with each other like somehow celebrations are not allowed.  If fans want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the Head coach.  Bud coached that game like he really wanted to win this particular game for some reason unlike other games this year.  Maybe he was tired of losing and wanted to show fans and others that this team can compete when it wants to. Or maybe he was tired of reading post by KB21 saying how this team will lose 60 game per season over the next 5 year.  At least he accomplished the one thing we as Squawkers haven't been able to accomplish which is shut KB up for at least a couple of days and allow us to appreciate the growth of our young players for a change.

• Like 2

Although Quinn had a brain freeze allowing Ingles on an island with Dennis for that one drive I’m sure most of his damage came versus Rubio.  I never understood the fascination with that guy.  I’m not sure if he’s ever put together a single great game in his career.  He’s finally learned to score with a whopping 12.5 per, only to post his worst assist/turnover of his career.

I am impressed we beat the best defensive team in the league but they’re offensively challenged for sure.  

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden, Peoriabird sagte:

Looks like Bud wanted that game!  A few more minutes of Plumlee definitely would have sealed the Hawk's fate.  Just goes to show you that this team competes with the best teams in the league and despite the Dennis hate by the fans and especially Brad Rowland, Dennis is a very good player and will only get better.

Brad Rowland is the most annoying man on Twitter.... He is the only guy I blocked.