• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member

Given the re-balance of the lottery, it's not all that consequential mathematically exactly how many games they lose, just as long as they're somewhere in that territory, and/but, there's somewhat more risk they could leap into the top 5 to the degree that they lose more games.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, sturt said:

Given the re-balance of the lottery, it's not all that consequential mathematically exactly how many games they lose, just as long as they're somewhere in that territory, and/but, there's somewhat more risk they could leap into the top 5 to the degree that they lose more games.

I think the rebalancing is a bit overstated by some commentators.  It is still the same fundamental system with a good tweak to flatten the odds a bit.  Same dynamic of defaulting to record for draft slot if you don’t land one of the top spots.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:16 AM, Buzzard said:

I think Pierce is proving he will let the players play. Meaning: if we lose it will not be for lack of effort on the coaching staff or players. We obviously have a lot of growing up to do and young players have to learn how to close out games.

But isn’t he a lame duck coach hired to absorb loses or something. Sorry couldn’t resist. But on another note cedi Oman is bad I mean like terrible for the tank. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think the rebalancing is a bit overstated by some commentators.  It is still the same fundamental system with a good tweak to flatten the odds a bit.  Same dynamic of defaulting to record for draft slot if you don’t land one of the top spots.

I’m more so in a favor of putting all the lottery teams with equal odds but if you barely miss the playoffs you don’t get punished as you could gain the number 1 pick.then once the lottery is settled go by reverse order for the rest of the picks. March and April would be fun as teams would be forced to play as anybody not making the playoffs has the same shot as you.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Royjr9 said:

I’m more so in a favor of putting all the lottery teams with equal odds but if you barely miss the playoffs you don’t get punished as you could gain the number 1 pick.then once the lottery is settled go by reverse order for the rest of the picks. March and April would be fun as teams would be forced to play as anybody not making the playoffs has the same shot as you.

The Ewing and Webber drafts did a lot to skew the odds towards the worst teams.  If the odds were equal, I think in a good draft year you see some tanking from borderline playoff teams which would be kind of crazy.  “We can lose in the first round or have an equal shot at draft LeBron, Wade and Bosh?  Sounds like an injury to our top two players to me.”

5 hours ago, AHF said:

The Ewing and Webber drafts did a lot to skew the odds towards the worst teams.  If the odds were equal, I think in a good draft year you see some tanking from borderline playoff teams which would be kind of crazy.  “We can lose in the first round or have an equal shot at draft LeBron, Wade and Bosh?  Sounds like an injury to our top two players to me.”

I get where your going never gonna be able to stop tanking. In this day yes that could happen most often though guys wanna win and play. 

19 minutes ago, nitte said:

The East is so trash that I wouldn't be surprised if we make it to the playoffs.

It’ll be close, but I suspect Hawks could land around 10th. I officially predicted 12th. I have a bet with The Miserable One we’ll finish 8th+ in the lottery (record, not ping pong balls).

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Toronto, Milwaukee, Boston and Philly are locks. After that it's anybody's guess.

The Wizards aren't very inspiring, but they have too much talent and experience to miss out in the East. I'd give the Pacers and Pistons good odds, too.

1 hour ago, High5 said:

The Wizards aren't very inspiring, but they have too much talent and experience to miss out in the East. I'd give the Pacers and Pistons good odds, too.

Detroit if they can stay healthy I think can run with the east top dogs, Miami I like but they may nuke it and foolishly trade josh Richardson for butler. Indiana’s like also.  I think the bulls will be better once they get health. 

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

And Prince apologists will say we’re hating. Look, I neither like or hate the guy but his hero ball play sucks.  He does not need to put the ball on the floor. 

So, what exactly do you pro tankers want?  Taurean is helping give you what you want.  Noncompetitive losses and high draft picks.  Now, you are complaining when his inconsistency helps cost the team games.  I don't want to hear it!  You are the ones that wanted to run with youth.  Well, when you make the decision to run with youth, you get inconsistent play.  They will flash, but by and large, the play will be inconsistent.

What you are seeing from Taurean is bad habits developing.  Oh, but I was told this wouldn't happen in a tanking situation.  Well, it's happening, and the Hawks may lose a solid young player because of it.  He's been put into a role that he is not capable of filling, and he is now pressing and developing poor habits.  He's not focusing on playing winning basketball.  

But, hey.  We are going to get a top 3 pick!  Yay!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, what exactly do you pro tankers want?  Taurean is helping give you what you want.  Noncompetitive losses and high draft picks.  Now, you are complaining when his inconsistency helps cost the team games.  I don't want to hear it!  You are the ones that wanted to run with youth.  Well, when you make the decision to run with youth, you get inconsistent play.  They will flash, but by and large, the play will be inconsistent.

What you are seeing from Taurean is bad habits developing.  Oh, but I was told this wouldn't happen in a tanking situation.  Well, it's happening, and the Hawks may lose a solid young player because of it.  He's been put into a role that he is not capable of filling, and he is now pressing and developing poor habits.  He's not focusing on playing winning basketball.  

Welcome back by the way.  Prince has played like this since his 2nd year in the league.  This is nothing new. Plus he isn't the only one throwing the ball away non stop.  The other culprit is Baze and Bembry and they ain't young.  I am willing to bet that the the most turnovers on this team aren't coming from young players unless you consider 3 year vets young.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The hater is back

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Welcome back by the way.  Prince has played like this since his 2nd year in the league.  This is nothing new. Plus he isn't the only one throwing the ball away non stop.  The other culprit is Baze and Bembry and they ain't young.  I am willing to bet that the the most turnovers on this team aren't coming from young players unless you consider 3 year vets young.

Prince and Bembry are young. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

If they are young then the entire Philly roster is young with a few exceptions. So is most of Boston's and Indiana's rosters

Neither player has played three years in the league.  They are young.  The Hawks best player during the early part of this crappy year has been Bazemore, but none of you can see that because you are blinded by his contract number.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Neither player has played three years in the league.  They are young.  The Hawks best player during the early part of this crappy year has been Bazemore, but none of you can see that because you are blinded by his contract number.  

Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid were Philly's best players last year and neither had played 3 years in the league so what's your point?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Lmao.  Here comes the merry band of know it alls.. You continue to harp on pro-tanking, and appear when you think your point can be made.  Try it elsewhere.  Pro tank or not, it was about Prince.  He is definitely contributing to a high pick so I'm not upset.  I don't like how he plays and said so only because someone told him he was THE playmaker.  I don't see that.  But carry  on genius...

• Like 2