The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

People are just realizing that what I say about tanking is 100% true.

Like how Philly wouldn't finish with a winning record last season because they were a diseased tanking franchise doomed to failure. 

Then how Philly wouldn't make the playoffs last year because they were a diseased tanking franchise. 

Then how they would lose in the first round because they were an overrated, doomed franchise from tanking.

100% true.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Like how Philly wouldn't finish with a winning record last season because they were a diseased tanking franchise doomed to failure. 

Then how Philly wouldn't make the playoffs last year because they were a diseased tanking franchise. 

Then how they would lose in the first round because they were an overrated, doomed franchise from tanking.

100% true.  

This savagery borders on conduct unbecoming .... and I like it. :cool:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

100% true.  

Like I have said previously.  Regression to the mean happens over time.  Philly regressed to the mean because at some point, you are going to trend towards average.  That's what Philly is right now.  An average basketball team, so what did all that tanking get them?

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

People are just realizing that what I say about tanking is 100% true.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

100% true.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Like I have said previously.  Regression to the mean happens over time.  Philly regressed to the mean because at some point, you are going to trend towards average.  That's what Philly is right now.  An average basketball team, so what did all that tanking get them?

You were completely wrong, have been called out on it with specific examples from many of us on several occasions, yet claim 100% correctness. As a phy$ician, shouldn’t you recognize this as delusion?

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

You were completely wrong, have been called out on it with specific examples from many of us on several occasions, yet claim 100% correctness. As a phy$ician, shouldn’t you recognize this as delusion?

When I am actually wrong, I will recognize it.  

I am not wrong about tanking, period.  

So, when this team finally breaks through with a 42 win season in about 5 years, you can dance around with a beanie on your head and yell "tanking works" all you want.  It's not going to change the fact that this is nothing more than regressing to the mean over time.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

When I am actually wrong, I will recognize it.  

I am not wrong about tanking, period.  

So, when this team finally breaks through with a 42 win season in about 5 years, you can dance around with a beanie on your head and yell "tanking works" all you want.  It's not going to change the fact that this is nothing more than regressing to the mean over time.

You’ve been wrong, you’ve been called out on it, you’ve never admitted it. I don’t wear beanies ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

A better outlook than 75% of the conference?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hazer said:

You’ve been wrong, you’ve been called out on it, you’ve never admitted it. I don’t wear beanies ?

I'm not wrong, even if someone wants to attempt to call me out on it.  All it does is make me dig my heels in even more on the subject.  

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm not wrong, even if someone wants to attempt to call me out on it.

☝??

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm not wrong, even if someone wants to attempt to call me out on it.  All it does is make me dig my heels in even more on the subject.  

Just now, hazer said:

☝??

“Hey.....wasn’t me.” -Eddie Murphy

1 hour ago, Alex said:

A better outlook than 75% of the conference?

Haha burn.

You can also argue it the other way too like I have a few times. Very few teams are able to keep trending as steady, good teams. With most sports, it goes in cycles. Periods of good, then a downslide, then an upturn, period of good, then another slide.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Haha burn.

You can also argue it the other way too like I have a few times. Very few teams are able to keep trending as steady, good teams. With most sports, it goes in cycles. Periods of good, then a downslide, then an upturn, period of good, then another slide.

Wasn’t trying to burn anyone.  I didn’t want to read through this entire thread, but from reading a bit of it, it looks as if you aren’t on the tank wagon?  You are right.  More often than not teams go up and down just as the seasons turn.  I think 85% of most sports league are cyclical and a small handful are perennial contenders.

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wasn’t trying to burn anyone.  I didn’t want to read through this entire thread, but from reading a bit of it, it looks as if you aren’t on the tank wagon?  You are right.  More often than not teams go up and down just as the seasons turn.  I think 85% of most sports league are cyclical and a small handful are perennial contenders.

I'm more of a realist and call it like it is for both sides. I don't think tanking is a good idea, but because of decisions made, I saw where the Hawks were gonna trend naturally after 16/17. I already made people mad by saying that I didn't believe 17/18 was going to be a playoff team either way with staying the course, but I stand by that.

Wins and caring less about doing more? I get that fix usually in football. But even in college football it's devolved a bit to "whatever" with what Alabama is doing this year. It feels like the most inevitable season either.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

You literally predicted that the Sixers would not have a winning record last year and were dead wrong.  (won 52 games)

You literally predicted they would miss the playoffs even if they had a winning record and were dead wrong.  (3rd seed)

You literally predicted they would lose in the first round of the playoffs and get swept doing it and were dead wrong.  (They won 4-1)

Are you trolling here for laughs?  You are smart enough to recognize that everyone is wrong and you have objectively proven to be 100% wrong on multiple occasions on this forum. That hardly makes you unique - we all have been if we offer enough predictions.  The only thing that is unique is being unable to admit it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya'll a glutten for punishment trying to reason with the Intentionally Obtuse. His statement that he'll just dig his heels in even if wrong says it all.

You are correctly stating reality, which is different than the preceding statement.

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, when this team finally breaks through with a 42 win season in about 5 years

You wanna make another bet Hawks won’t win 42 games until 2023?

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

You literally predicted that the Sixers would not have a winning record last year and were dead wrong.  (won 52 games)

You literally predicted they would miss the playoffs even if they had a winning record and were dead wrong.  (3rd seed)

You literally predicted they would lose in the first round of the playoffs and get swept doing it and were dead wrong.  (They won 4-1)

Are you trolling here for laughs?  You are smart enough to recognize that everyone is wrong and you have objectively proven to be 100% wrong on multiple occasions on this forum. That hardly makes you unique - we all have been if we offer enough predictions.  The only thing that is unique is being unable to admit it.

Hall. Lay. Lou. Yurr ?