• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Search and Interviews

marco102

Again, I haven't researched any of these guys, but I'd much rather get someone from the Brad Stevens tree. Coming from GS, Cleveland, or Philly doesn't really mean anything to me. I'm going to hope for the best if Pierce is our guy, though. I will say that it's concerning that a quick Google search/Wikipedia check couldn't reveal his age.

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

I still like Jay from Boston the most. But Pierce is respected and his player development skills are right there with Jay. I am just not sure about his system or coaching.  I am not too high on Stephen. I think he might be a career assistant. I think his best opportunity is a job like Charlotte where they are pretty much stuck. 

My guess is Pierce is really good within the media. That's probably why they are pushing for this. 

Edited by NBASupes

So the reported final four are Pierce, Tibbets, Silas, and Larranaga with Pierce in the lead.  Kinda figured Collins would have made it to this point.  Just not sure what the Sixers has done to make it worth going after Pierce.  No doubt X, Y, or Z franchise player has kissed the ring in regards to him, but sure the other three have their acolytes.

What Boston has done is an amazing accomplishment.  That said, accomplishment seems pretty low on the agenda with the tank not even being at the end of the beginning stage.  At least the draft will be fun to watch considering the number of picks.  Well prior to us sending both the Houston and Minny picks for Carmelo anyway.

1 hour ago, Jungle Jack said:

At least the draft will be fun to watch considering the number of picks.  Well prior to us sending both the Houston and Minny picks for Carmelo anyway.

What you just say???

21 minutes ago, Dejay said:

What you just say???

That was hopefully in jest.  I am kinda scared about how this draft and offseason is going to play out.  Mostly pretty resigned to us taking some pretty onerous contracts for the 26th pick in the 2020 draft or whatnot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Sixers lost by 8 points total in the last 2 games, to a good Boston team. (could easily be up 2-1 btw) Thats not being exposed.Thats what happens to young teams in the Playoffs. Now the Bucks on the other hand............................lol

I think, if you look at the nuts/bolts of how the Seees are beating them, there's a pretty wide discrepancy in these coaching staffs.  PHI has more raw talent on the floor and the margin is pretty wide IMHO but, even if you factor the 6ers' youth depressing their play, the Seees are much more impressive.

I want Larranaga over the Philly guy but I have a feeling the Philly guy will get a bump for being Lebron's friend ... as if that matters for us.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It doesn't matter about Lebron the player but Lebron the guy with ties to about half the players in the league.

I'm pretty confident we hire Pierce. I'm not sure I am sold on him but when you are hiring assistants for first time NBA head coaching gigs you are taking a gamble just on that basis alone.

• Like 3

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think, if you look at the nuts/bolts of how the Seees are beating them, there's a pretty wide discrepancy in these coaching staffs.  PHI has more raw talent on the floor and the margin is pretty wide IMHO but, even if you factor the 6ers' youth depressing their play, the Seees are much more impressive.

I want Larranaga over the Philly guy but I have a feeling the Philly guy will get a bump for being Lebron's friend ... as if that matters for us.

I'd guess the LeBron piece won't mean much but prior experience working with Schlenk could mean a lot.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Philly doesnt have any more raw talent on the floor than Boston does....Brown,Taytum,Rozier, etc.. is plenty of raw talent. Just sayin. I agree about coaching tho.

nuk6.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd guess the LeBron piece won't mean much but prior experience working with Schlenk could mean a lot.

Well, I should elaborate a bit on what I said.  I'm starting to think Ressler as a meddler behind the scenes.  I can see an owner like that thinking, "Oh hey, this is Labron's guy .... mebe he can get us a meeting with Labron ... hire him!!"  Meanwhile, Schlenki is like, "Uhm, it's Lebron, sir."

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Philly doesnt have any more raw talent on the floor than Boston does....Brown,Taytum,Rozier, etc.. is plenty of raw talent. Just sayin. I agree about coaching tho.

nuk6.jpg

No one considers Tatum, Brown, etc as generational talents.  Most people see Embiid and Simmons as legendary players.  Clearly it's way early to be saying silly stuff like that but folks talk about Embiid as Olajuwon and Simmons as Magic.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Simmons/ Embiid are this generation's Penny/Shaq combination. Once Simmons learns how to shoot from the outside that team will be scary. I also expect Lebron to sign there as a free agent.

• Like 2

The leader Right now is Pierce apparently. He is the only one with an interview with Ressler locked up. Cunningham is the bottom of the 4 on the short list apparently.

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Sixers lost by 8 points total in the last 2 games, to a good Boston team. (could easily be up 2-1 btw) Thats not being exposed.Thats what happens to young teams in the Playoffs. Now the Bucks on the other hand............................lol

Yeah. Philly from a roster standpoint isn’t ready for anything beyond a second round appearance. I don’t think they would beat Toronto either. The raw talent on the team is real but the construction of the roster is flawed. They only have like one guy that can consistently create his own shot while the Celtics have several guys that can. Plus Stevens is putting on a coaching clinic during this series. The 76ers don’t have the experience or roster to overcome getting outcoached.

Milwaukees problem is both coaching and roster construction. They have the worst big man rotation in the playoffs. Getting Bud would help them tremendously. 

49 minutes ago, noble said:

The leader Right now is Pierce apparently. He is the only one with an interview with Ressler locked up. Cunningham is the bottom of the 4 on the short list apparently.

Larranaga met with ressler and fizdale per article floating around. 

42 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is still a chance.  The Hawks could still try to get a legitimate head coach to come in there.  David Blatt and Etorre Messina are just a call away.

I think they like Piece for his rebuild job he did in Philly. Not to mention he is apparently close to LeBron and was a part of the Warriors for a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

Larranaga met with ressler and fizdale per article floating around. 

There are your top 2 then. But I know Larranaga has another visit with Charlotte coming up.