• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dallas and Cleveland 1st round picks

hawkster911

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

All these picks owed... I'm lost! Who all owe us picks? How many teams and what year? Could someone please break them all down. :praying:

Somebody did a breakdown recently but the key ones for the near term:

2019 first round draft pick from Cleveland
Cleveland's 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-10 in 2019 and 1-10 in 2020; if Cleveland has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Atlanta by 2020, then Cleveland will instead convey its 2021 2nd round pick and 2022 2nd round pick to Atlanta 

2019 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-5 in 2019, 1-5 in 2020, 1-3 in 2021 and 1-3 in 2022 and unprotected in 2023 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

All these picks owed... I'm lost! Who all owe us picks? How many teams and what year? Could someone please break them all down. :praying:

Here is the current draft pick summary for the next seven years:

First round -Own
Cleveland (if 11-30)
Dallas (if 6-30)
Second round - Own or to Washington (if 56-60)
Minnesota or Los Angeles Lakers via Cleveland (less favorable)
Charlotte

First round - Own
Cleveland (11-30 if not already settled)
Dallas (6-30 if not already settled)
Second round - Own

First round - Own
Dallas (4-30 if not already settled)
Second round - Own
Cleveland (if first rounder not conveyed)

First round - Own
Dallas (4-30 if not already settled)
Oklahoma City (if 15-30)
Second round - Own
Cleveland (if first rounder not conveyed)

First round - Own
Dallas (if not already settled)
Second round - Own
Charlotte
Right to swap Brooklyn for less favorable of Own and Charlote

First round - Own
Second round - Own
Oklahoma City (if first round not conveyed)

First round- Own
Second round - Own
Brooklyn
Oklahoma City (if first round not conveyed)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

:dry:I have a bad feeling that Cleveland might have a fire sale. I hope they start winning.

We got fleeced on the Korver trade. There was never a chance we were getting a first from a post-LeBron Cleveland with a top 10 protection. Bud should have demanded no greater than top 5 protected or no deal.

17 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

:dry:I have a bad feeling that Cleveland might have a fire sale. I hope they start winning.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We got fleeced on the Korver trade. There was never a chance we were getting a first from a post-LeBron Cleveland with a top 10 protection. Bud should have demanded no greater than top 5 protected or no deal.

Like @JayBirdHawk reminded me: if it doesn’t convey this year (fat chance), it kicks down the road to next year. So there’s hope. Tiny, desperate, unlikely hope ??

• Premium Member
On 10/27/2018 at 7:44 AM, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Lue's gone, so here we go.... let's see if they bring-in a "developmental" coach...

Me, I have a nauseous feeling.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/cavaliers-fire-tyronn-lue.html

• Moderators

Wasn't a big fan of the Cleveland trade when it happened for a couple of reasons:

• We helped Cleveland without extracting a premium on the trade which is distasteful.
  • We made the trade 6 weeks prior to the trade deadline meaning it was largely only a 1 team market.  CLE had to make a move because of injuries.  The rest of the trade market and the league had yet to heat up.
  • The protection on the pick didn't us the option to pick between 2019 and 2020 and there was a high risk of either (a) Cleveland keeping LeBron and being pretty great this year or (b) Cleveland losing LeBron and entering tank mode.

Sad to see this play out like this but I'm hoping Cleveland gets some pride and that their players start playing for their next contract and win enough games to convey the pick Bobby Sura style.