• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol no doubt. It’s a long season let’s just enjoy the game.

It's gonna be full-on Lord of the Flies up in dis bish.

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

But why are Hawks fans feeling 'vindicated' by the play of a guy on another team AGAINST the Hawks??? 

Eggsactly.  I don't get that.

Just now, hawkman said:

But why are Hawks fans feeling 'vindicated' by the play of a guy on another team AGAINST the Hawks??? 

I guess because they wanted him in the draft and felt a slap in the face as their team drafted then traded him. I'm a fan of Trae Young, but I understand why people feel that way (remembering wanting Chris Paul over Marvin for example).

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:
Pierce may have to take a chance and put Trae back into this game.  The game will be over if he waits until the 2nd half to put him back in.   No playmakers in the offense to get people easy shots, so every one is going one on one.

I don't envy Pierce in this position. We do need Trae, but it looks like the refs are determined to keep him in foul trouble.

Its like they want us to look like the loser of the trade. Knowing good and damn well rookies are gonna have bad nights. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Baze playing a Josh Smith like game, when Josh tried to do everything . . . regardless of the success rate.

Kinda sad that I was thinking this was actually one of Baze's better games so far.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
11 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Because they wanted Doncic not Trae.

I think it is more about the rush of Hawks fans to crap on Doncic after we traded him.  Sothron's comment that people don't need to go out of their way to crap on him just because we traded him.  A minority of posters here went out of their way to crap on him.

Personally, still hoping Trae returns to lead this comeback and swing the momentum in this game.  It is close enough for us to pull it back.

• Like 3