• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to forgive Al Horford

HawkItus

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Read that on The Twitters this morn, Schlank gets the key to the city if he pulls that off. The Kagey-Wan ( @kg01, see what I did there?) is wanna be startin’ somethin’, got to be startin’ somerhin’ 💫

Key 🔑 to the city 🌃.. and a pretty statue as well. Why not! #mikejax4ever

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 8:07 PM, pimp said:

I know i’m in the minority here but i don’t hate Danny Manning. I blame Pete Babcock.

He’s the one that Traded Dominique AND a first round pick for  26 games of Danny Manning. 

I don’t blame Manning for leaving . He knew he couldn’t fill Nique’s shoes. He knew he wasn’t good enough to be the #1 option on a championship caliber team. We never would have won anything with him.  So he left to be Barkley’s sidekick in Phoenix.  Babcock should have been fired, but managed to hang around for 8 more years.

He also took just 1 million from Phoenix the next season, and turned down a 7 yr - 35 mill deal from us.   Nique wanted 3 yrs - 21 mill, but the organization wouldn't give that to him.   Manning gets the blame from me because he went back on his word.  Babcock is an imbecile. 

In hindsight, it's a blessing in disguise that he did go to Phoenix. If he took that money for us, there's no Dikembe Mutombo and possibly no Steve Smith in Atlanta.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He also took just 1 million from Phoenix the next season, and turned down a 7 yr - 35 mill deal from us.   Nique wanted 3 yrs - 21 mill, but the organization wouldn't give that to him.   Manning gets the blame from me because he went back on his word.  Babcock is an imbecile. 

In hindsight, it's a blessing in disguise that he did go to Phoenix. If he took that money for us, there's no Dikembe Mutombo and possibly no Steve Smith in Atlanta.

There is no reason in the world not to bash both Babcock for making the deal or Manning for going back on his word.  You aren't wrong about us probably being better off without him long-term but it is still shady enough to draw backlash from us fans for a long, long time.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, macdaddy said:

One more time.  It wasn't that he left, it was the way he did it and the comments he and his camp made.

I never had issue with him not playing hurt.  In fact he came back for the playoffs at way less than 100% for us.

THIS 

So would be fun if both Horf and AD bolted there legendary franchises after all this stuff recently. AD's agent seems to be infatuated with LaLa Land though. Don't see Al leaving myself but maybe a restructure is coming his way. Still would be good humor if they both did leave. Two teams I intensely dislike the most in the league, Boston number one by far of course.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Skrong.  I have no 'likes' to give but needed to acknowledge that this is your best work.

You also have no f*cks to give 😆 

😂 

Agreed AHF has been on his game lately! (Angling for xtra LIKES for the holidays..I mean the nba holidays aka the draft)

• Premium Member

Nah, we good. Horford is an aging player and even without all of the shady recent history he really isn't a great fit. If we are looking for a vet we should be looking for cheaper vets we can value sign. Horford is perpetually overpaid and by the time our core is peaking he would be 35 and with a massive 25 million+ salary. NO THANK YOU.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, we good. Horford is an aging player and even without all of the shady recent history he really isn't a great fit. If we are looking for a vet we should be looking for cheaper vets we can value sign. Horford is perpetually overpaid and by the time our core is peaking he would be 35 and with a massive 25 million+ salary. NO THANK YOU

I would pay Dedmon before bringing back Alice Whoreford and his ungrateful bitch dad! Forgive my language but I feel strongly on this one. 

If I forgive anyone it will be Danny Manning.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Skrong.  I have no 'likes' to give but needed to acknowledge that this is your best work.

Wanna borrow one of my likes? You just have to repay me with one and a half likes