Hawks trade for no. 4 pick

JTB

I know folks think we gave up too much for Hunter etc...

but, if you look at the timeline from before the lottery up to now, we really haven’t lost anything.

We got fleeced in the lottery, we should’ve been 5 or higher but fell to 8. If on lottery night we ended up with the 4 and 10 pick we would have been estatic right?

From then until now we have made a ton of moves to right the ship from that night.

We have 4 and 10 plus the services and the expirings of Crabbe and Hill as well as cash and future 2nds and all we lost was Prince and our 2nd round picks

Id say our offseason to now has been a huge success.

Now we just have to turn these two picks in to good players and we’re set for FAgency 2020

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We should be looking for a defensive first vet to backup Trae. We don't need more youth at that position.

Nothing wrong with competition for a guy we don't want on our roster to begin with. Jaylen can reside up North as well as here per his contract. Get a vet to backup is fine with me plus we have Bembry. Competition at point is not a bad thing especially for a much later pick. 

I'm still cool with taking Fernando at #10.   With all of the top wings gone by then, he'll be the best big available.  I would still take Culver at #4, but I'm not going to cry if the pick is Hunter.

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Culver/Hunter

PF - Collins

C - Fernando

Nice young team.  Probably good for 25 - 35 wins, unless Trae plays close to All-Star level early in the year.

I think we got the best wing defender in the draft with a high floor.   He fits well into making the Hawks a well rounded team.   We still have the 10 so we could realistically have a starting 5 all on rookie deals.   

With Klay hurt I think TS lost the only FA he would throw max money so we take on bad expiring deals so we don't take away playing time from our young core.   When all the contracts we took on this year we could be sitting in a great place a team of you studs and (I am no capologist so this could be wrong)but probably enough apace to sign two max deals next year so we could do the team up with a great young team.   If we miss rhe play offs we will add one more lotto pick to the mic too.   I know we gave away a lot a picks but we have so much young talent now we could have almost been to loaded with rookie and second year players.   

TS has earned the draft day equity from me the last two years to trust him and I can see if his vision for a complete team of young studs.   

The 10 will be interesting I was all in for Jaxson Hayes but now I am thinking that the big Euro center at ten could be the perfect fit to give us the best young team in the NBA.   Home grown threw the draft.   

If nothing else we don't have a nutless GM afraid to pull the trigger when be likes what he sees.  Can't wait till this fall Go Hawks!

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't want this deal delayed, we need pick #4 in Summer League. Lakers screwed the pooch.

What can we fanagle out of the Lakers...

we already got dumped on twice, and now the Lakers are trying to spread their cheeks and dump on us  too.
I don't wanna help the Lakers sign a max fa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I just did a quick Google search and found nothing related to the NBA. @Thomas what are UTIs?

Maybe its just a Laker and Celtic thing. Anyway we all know its a medical thing. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, txsting said:

I just can't see it for Hunter at all.  Hunter is Prince basically.

They are so very different.  Can’t see where you came up with that.

• Like 4