• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade for no. 4 pick

JTB

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Let’s be honest offense transfers over better than defense but I rather hawks get their guy if they are THAT confident in the player 

Yup, foolish not to trust Schlenk the way this man has drafted. Wish we didn't have to give up so much to move up but if Schlenk felt like he had to in order to guarantee getting the guy he wants I'm not mad.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

I will take any combination of....

Hunter + Sekou

Hunter + Reddish

Hunter + Goga 

and will be extremely extremely happy!

I guess Rome wasn't built in a day so we may have to wait until next year to complete the roster especially if we take Sekou

Just now, JTB said:

I will take any combination of....

Hunter + Sekou

Hunter + Reddish

Hunter + Goga 

and will be extremely extremely happy!

get ready to be disappointed because you might be getting hayes or Clarke

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I guess Rome wasn't built in a day so we may have to wait until next year to complete the roster especially if we take Sekou

Yup I mean if Goga is there and somehow Reddish and Sekou then by all means go for need (center) if you think that’s best but like they say you can never have too many wings in this era

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Quick question about tonight's draft time?  It says it starts at 7:00?  Is that when the real "drafting" starts or will there be an hour of BS before the actual drafting starts?

I would guess it probably starts closer to 7:30, but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Hunter was my favorite prospect at the beginning of the season when he had a late lottery projection.

He doesn’t have a lot of offensive upside, but he’s a great great fit as a role player. He should offer more offensively than say Ariza, but he’s not like Kawhi either where he’s going to be a 20+ scorer.

This was a good trade with the ability to still make another selection in the lottery.

A+ move by Schlenk.

Supes, do you know something?  When I heard the deal I was 100% sure, that, yep, we just got Culver.  I'm still thinking that's the pick.  Why would you move up for Reddish or Hunter?  Doesn't make sense.  It's an overpay so he better be sure.  If he's right, whichever way he chooses, he's genius, but he's really rolling the dice here.  I would not have made this deal, no way.

• Premium Member

Not excited about Hunter, but I trust that Travis knows what he's doing.  He'll get a pass from me here regardless.  I don't care a whole lot about what we gave up.  I didn't have expectations for that Cleveland pick or the 2nd rounders.  17 stings a little because there are players there that I really like.

What's burning me up now is how 10 will shake out.  Taking a guy like Hunter, I really want to see a high upside pick at 10.  Don't give a rat's ass about drafting for position either.  BPA and sort it out later.  I've never been a fan of overlooking potential because it duplicates what you have or because you're looking to fill a hole.

Quietly hoping this is all to screw up other people's boards...and the target is Culver. 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, txsting said:

Supes, do you know something?  When I heard the deal I was 100% sure, that, yep, we just got Culver.  I'm still thinking that's the pick.  Why would you move up for Reddish or Hunter?  Doesn't make sense.  It's an overpay so he better be sure.  If he's right, whichever way he chooses, he's genius, but he's really rolling the dice here.  I would not have made this deal, no way.

Someone else probably would’ve drafted him between 4-8.

• Premium Member
Just now, txsting said:

Keep in mind you are making assumptions based off of mock drafts, while Schlenk is making moves based on inside knowledge. What people are mocking and what is actually going on in other GMs' minds can be very different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

I don't love the trade, but if Schlenk is that high on Hunter then I have to trust that's he's going to be the defensive stud we desperately need and his offense will develop nicely with Trae. 

Hunter should be a defensive stud and a v good spot up shooter. Where he develops offensively beyond that is questionable...

We paid pick 17, 35, the cleveland 2020 pick, and like 10 million dollars (solomon hill) for the right to choose between three guys who didn't have a ton of obvious separation, and where one was practically guaranteed to fall to you.  Schlenk proved he's got a set on him last year, and he's doubling down this year.

Still may not be our last trade tonight. Could move #10 back a little and still get a quality center prospect and a later pick this draft or another one. Personally wanted some more competition at back up point tonight as well but no picks left for that I'm afraid as of yet.