• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Your Draft Grade

AHF

2019 Hawks Draft Grade  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Simple idea.  How do you grade our draft?  Feel free to add a post with narrative.  We can only have 10 options so sorry for those looking to give a more specific below average grade.

Scale should correspond to normal school grading where a C+ is the midpoint of the curve (I know this varies some depending on school but let’s use this as the baseline for average mediocrity).

I'll give it an A. I think at worst Hunter will be a good 3&D for us, which was the biggest missing piece on our roster. I haven't been a believer in Cam, but getting him at 10 after securing Hunter makes it a lot easier to gamble on his potential. I really wanted to take a chance on a high ceiling guy with one of our picks and Cam fits the bill. And I feel confident that Bruno will at least be a solid backup. If he can increase his range like Dedmon and Len and become a smarter defender then who knows. 

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A+ 

We got linth and defense and DPS players.

Plug-and-play guy in Hunter

High upside guy in Reddish

A do-it-all center with some gravitas in Bruuunoooo!

Mike Tyson?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

We are no longer going to get beat up by big 3's like Lebron.  We will not be bullied by other teams on the glass.  We will have reliable not streaky outside shooting from open players with Huerter and Hunter.  We will create the mismatches not the other way around. Our length is scary!  If everybody improves their shooting like I expect, There is no way 8 teams are better than us in the East

• Like 2

I had to knock Schlenk a little bit because I thought we gave up too much in the trade up and i do think we should've kept another second. It wasn't that big a deal though, we got the players we needed without mortgaging our future. Hopefully it all pans out on the court now.

I gave us a A. I think we checked all the boxes with our needs except a BU PG. The needs addressed were the higher priority. We have added three young players with exceptional physical tools for their positions. Now we just need to see if that translates to the NBA.

I don't know how we could have done any better with the picks we eventually traded into.

B.

The result of the draft is fine. The process to get there was terrible.

Trading 8, 17, and 35 along with the Cavs protected first (really two seconds) *and* taking on salary. If you told me we did that before the draft, I would've assumed we were getting one of the big 3 prospects.

Selling second round picks the day before the draft, then deciding to trade back into the second round later.

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A+ 

We got linth and defense and DPS players.

Plug-and-play guy in Hunter

High upside guy in Reddish

A do-it-all center with some gravitas in Bruuunoooo!

No explanation needed for why I give Schlenk an A+ for this draft .....just read THIS!

They get an A- from me because I believe there was better movement to be had and I really would have rather spent our draft capital on moving Plumlee off the squad and recovered that salary now for a backup PG.

But I can't complain one bit about the picks and I can't complain about where they came in the draft.  They got excessive value everywhere and I believe all 3 will be rotation players down the road.

I gave an A. We got what the doctor recommended, defense, size, shooting, athleticism and team fit. We got 2 wings that fit our stars and provide balance to the team. We got a backup big that also fit Collins and is a very good rebounder.

On the other hand I think we gave too much for Hunter, I would have liked to keep 35 and select Bol or a backup Pg, this draft was very deep and we gave up on second round pick too easy.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I gave an A. We got what the doctor recommended, defense, size, shooting, athleticism and team fit. We got 2 wings that fit our stars and provide balance to the team. We got a backup big that also fit Collins and is a very good rebounder.

On the other hand I think we gave too much for Hunter, I would have liked to keep 35 and select Bol or a backup Pg, this draft was very deep and we gave up on second round pick too easy.

Pretty sure the doctor wanted to resign Millsap and thought that would lead us to win rings.