• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a veteran presence as bad as I want Vince this year. Like ever. I think the only other guy I wanted which we carried for a bit was Sid Moncrief in 91 but we got ousted by the Pistons in 5 that year. 

Ps I remember game 5 like it was yesterday. CBS started the game like 10 minutes late due to some NASCAR or something. They go live to the fame and we are down like 18-4 at the Palace... 😐 

Im like alright that was fun.. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Maybe now that he is an NBA champion he feels h

He feels? He might be the only one. Dude didn’t do anything to get that ring. I’m just saying he shouldn’t feel too much different on an individual level that he did before. It was a coincidence and had nothing to do with Lin, Hell @kg01 could have been a member of the Raptors.

No Jeremy Lin is going overseas because he’s not good enough to stick in the NBA. He knows, we all know it. 

2 hours ago, AHF said:

That is disappointing for Lin.  Hoped he would find a good landing spot this offseason to contribute.  Maybe now that he is an NBA champion he feels he's reached the mountaintop and the biggest bidder and/or a starting job are worth more.

Talk around the cooler is he is done. He also wasn't open to vet min deals either. I was told that he thinks he can get 5 million plus on the market 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Talk around the cooler is he is done. He also wasn't open to vet min deals either. I was told that he thinks he can get 5 million plus on the market 

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No Jeremy Lin is going overseas because he’s not good enough to stick in the NBA. He knows, we all know it. 

A vet minimum deal seems like the right price point for him but he is age 30 and averaged 9.6 points, 3.1 assists and 2.4 rebounds and played 74 games last year.  Age 30 is really early to be done and from what I saw of him he looked very rosterable last year.  There are some real garbage players in the NBA and Lin is better than those guys at a bare minimum.

Now for the money, going overseas is a no-brainer for him so it is about priorities.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

A vet minimum deal seems like the right price point for him but he is age 30 and averaged 9.6 points, 3.1 assists and 2.4 rebounds and played 74 games last year.  Age 30 is really early to be done and from what I saw of him he looked very rosterable last year.  There are some real garbage players in the NBA and Lin is better than those guys at a bare minimum.

Now for the money, going overseas is a no-brainer for him so it is about priorities.

Lin averaged 18 minutes a game in Toronto which surprised me since he hardly played at all in the playoffs. He is still a decent back up and his turnovers per 100 possessions, though not stellar, was the best of his career at 13.0.

Great 3rd PG and injury insurance for the BU ; looks like that is how the Raptors used him. Or he could be a adequate BU in a pinch as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Lin aged fast. He can’t beat anyone off the dribble, WHERES THE FORK 🍴?? 😆 The party is over. He made the most out of his career and ended with a ring so that’s not bad. Ivy League bitch if u ask me but that’s another topic for another discussion. 🤓 

3 hours ago, AHF said:

He would be great in Memphis guiding their rookie.. Just saying

I keep seeing people on other boards with the talking point "Boston downgraded from Kyrie to Kemba".. Anyone else besides me see this as a break even other then me? I mean they are basically the same player but Kemba seems the lesser of a drama queen as opposed to Kemba. I honestly would rather have Kemba

• Like 3

hace 39 minutos, IheartVolt dijo:

I keep seeing people on other boards with the talking point "Boston downgraded from Kyrie to Kemba".. Anyone else besides me see this as a break even other then me? I mean they are basically the same player but Kemba seems the lesser of a drama queen as opposed to Kemba. I honestly would rather have Kemba

I think Kyrie is better player when healthy, they are going to miss Horford.

Edited by gurpilo

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

They upgraded in fit and system and while the Kemba talent downgrade is slightly real, what hurts is losing Horford. Especially for the playoffs where he was massive for them. 

I expect a better RS team but a MUCH worse playoff team. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, AHF said:

<nods>

Ask Orlando 2 years ago if they'd take the Jeremy Lin of today. Their point guard play in 17'-18' was borderline  D3 high school level.

Around the organization, there is a strong level of optimism about the 19-20 roster. While playoffs or contending hasn't come up, I've heard we got to earn it and assume nothing. So let's say the boys are ready.

Around the NBA in general like usual at this time of the year, there is optimism around the NBA about their teams in general. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They upgraded in fit and system and while the Kemba talent downgrade is slightly real, what hurts is losing Horford. Especially for the playoffs where he was massive for them. 

I think, for better or worse, Kyme's attitude is part of what makes him better than Kemba.  Again, for better or worse, to win you need players that JDGAF sometimes.  The difference between painting by numbers vs someone able to create a masterpiece.

Kemba coming out saying he's gonna ask the young guys what it takes to win is weird imho.  What TF do they know about what it takes to win?  They had a fluke run 2 years ago with a strong veteran presence (Alice) helping them.

Agree with Supes that they'll miss Alice and Baynes a lot more than they realize.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think, for better or worse, Kyme's attitude is part of what makes him better than Kemba.  Again, for better or worse, to win you need players that JDGAF

I get this a bit. I still personally wouldn’t want to have a diva 💁‍♀️ like Kyrie but I do understand what you are saying. 

Kemba needs to be himself. If himself is a no confident vet who wants to go with young players experiences over his then get in there and own it. 😂 Just don’t be a lil B about it and follow the Danny Strange (off kg here) book 📚 of how to be a Celtic.

They will miss Kyrie and Horbag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think, for better or worse, Kyme's attitude is part of what makes him better than Kemba.  Again, for better or worse, to win you need players that JDGAF sometimes.  The difference between painting by numbers vs someone able to create a masterpiece.

Kemba coming out saying he's gonna ask the young guys what it takes to win is weird imho.  What TF do they know about what it takes to win?  They had a fluke run 2 years ago with a strong veteran presence (Alice) helping them.

Agree with Supes that they'll miss Alice and Baynes a lot more than they realize.

You will never stop saying Alice. You and hazer nicknames for Al always makes me laugh 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I get this a bit. I still personally wouldn’t want to have a diva 💁‍♀️ like Kyrie but I do understand what you are saying. 

Kemba needs to be himself. If himself is a no confident vet who wants to go with young players experiences over his then get in there and own it. 😂 Just don’t be a lil B about it and follow the Danny Strange (off kg here) book 📚 of how to be a Celtic.

They will miss Kyrie and Horbag.

There's a thin line between insanity and genius.  Kyme skirts that line but I do think you need that type of 'tude to succeed.  And I'm in no way shape or form a Kyme fan.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

You will never stop saying Alice. You and hazer nicknames for Al always makes me laugh 

I've graduated from "wHorfart".  Gotta give me credit for that, at least.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, NBASupes said:

You know what.. This could be on point really

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's a thin line between insanity and genius.  Kyme skirts that line but I do think you need that type of 'tude to succeed.  And I'm in no way shape or form a Kyme fan.

I've graduated from "wHorfart".  Gotta give me credit for that, at least.

It's Alice Whorefort

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Rock bottom when he just won an nba ring huh? Funny but not surprising how he’s going out. 

The subdued reaction to this from you shows tremendous personal growth, btw.

This time last year, you would've went in on the tears, bro.

• Haha 2