• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

Just now, kg01 said:

Well, we only want people there that care about Supes.  Not people that just want to point 'n laugh at him.  Actually, that pretty much disqualifies me so somebody tell me how it goes.

😏

Kidding, we loves you supers.

The ghosts of OJ Mayo ..Al Horford..Ben Mac... ❤️ the supe doh

• Haha 3

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, sturt said:

Faried has a rep as a caustic locker room guy, earned during his time in Denver.

That would be an appropriate reason not to bring him in.  My bigger point was I think there is more roster need for another center than another pg if you've got legit players available to you at both spots.

• Moderators

The word that resounds in my head with this FA period is “unambitious.”  We have zero interest in moving this team into the playoffs through FA this offseason.  One more year of focusing strategy on rebuilding.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

The word that resounds in my head with this FA period is “unambitious.”  We have zero interest in moving this team into the playoffs through FA this offseason.  One more year of focusing strategy on rebuilding.

I think most of us knew that going in. A lot of middle tier free agents may have taken an overpay to get. Travis has already said earlier he does not like bad/overpriced contracts. Getting Turner, Parsons, Parker, Crabbe were our big moves. If you look at their combined salary, they are pretty big. But typical Schlenk none are long term. The middle tier players who were available, I think all signed for three or more years.

Schlenk is probably/hopefully thinking bigger fish with a longer term outlook.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I think most of us knew that going in. A lot of middle tier free agents may have taken an overpay to get. Travis has already said earlier he does not like bad/overpriced contracts. Getting Turner, Parsons, Parker, Crabbe were our big moves. If you look at their combined salary, they are pretty big. But typical Schlenk none are long term. The middle tier players who were available, I think all signed for three or more years.

Schlenk is probably/hopefully thinking bigger fish with a longer term outlook.

I expected us to add some more established or more promising players in FA on the cheap ala Dedmon and Len.  IMO, we didn't do that at all.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I expected us to add some more established or more promising players in FA on the cheap ala Dedmon and Len.  IMO, we didn't do that at all.

I sure did not see any signings similar to those two by anyone. If no one does it out of 30 teams, its safe to say none were there to be had. Like I said earlier, I think most of the mid tier free agents were looking for something a little more long term secure; or they did not want to play for a potential lottery team. Just my take on this years class and the results with most of the players.

Jabari Parker, just reminded by @warcore

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, warcore said:

Jabari Parker?

That is totally fair.  

Yeah, I like that signing a lot.  I suspect he'll opt out next year if he performs like I think he will.  While PF wasn't a big need, we'll badly need his scoring off the bench so he should be well positioned to excel.

• Like 1

Anyone against Pau Gasol joining the team?  I think he probably wants more than what we are willing to pay. He probably is looking for a 1 year contract in the 6 to 7 million range, like that of Markieff Morris who signed for 6.5 million on a 1 year deal with Detroit.

24 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Anyone against Pau Gasol joining the team?  I think he probably wants more than what we are willing to pay. He probably is looking for a 1 year contract in the 6 to 7 million range, like that of Markieff Morris who signed for 6.5 million on a 1 year deal with Detroit.

I am interested but I think he wants to to play with a contender. Given his drop off in production, I am not sure he will get the same type of money as Morris did.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Since Charlie Brown and Goodwin are our 2 ways we got like 3 roster spots left right

They count as roster spots so we have 1 open.

Wrong.  They don't count.

2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Since Charlie Brown and Goodwin are our 2 ways we got like 3 roster spots left right

I believe it's 2 open spots and our GM plans to hold one open for later.

:smug:

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

Pau Gasol has agreed to a one-year deal with the Portland Trail Blazers.

Gasol finished last season with the Milwaukee Bucks.

The Blazers also acquired Hassan Whiteside in the offseason.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

That is totally fair.  

Yeah, I like that signing a lot.  I suspect he'll opt out next year if he performs like I think he will.  While PF wasn't a big need, we'll badly need his scoring off the bench so he should be well positioned to excel.

That PO is built-in incentive for him to bust his ass this year and yes, he likely will opt out. The good news, for us though, is that it means we may have an attractive trade chip for a playoff team come February. Seems fine.