• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Since Charlie Brown and Goodwin are our 2 ways we got like 3 roster spots left right

1 hour ago, AHF said:

They count as roster spots so we have 1 open.

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I believe it's 2 open spots and our GM plans to hold one open for later.

:smug:

GM is right, we have 2 open NBA roster spots open. The two-way GLers count as an additional 2 slots. (15+2)

TS has said he will more than likely start the season with one spot open. So he only looking to fill one spot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Creepy Ballmer aside, I think we're underrating how baller Kawhi's going to LAC is.

Bro-Bron 'probably thought he had Kawhi in the bag, but Leonard gave him the okey-doke ...

awkward.gif

Oh ... ohhhhh, you thought!

😂 gold jacket green jacket who gives a $hit-

My thoughts on gold (Lakers) and green (Celtics)...well Mine and Mista mista lady Adam Sandler 😂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

That trade was one of the worst the Hawks have ever made.  Trading Gasol

Ya I agree. Although truth be told at the time I wanted Reef badly. He was a Cal Bear 🐻 and I had watched him closely. I know you all as well because he was from Georgia. I thought Gasol would bust. I never thought he’d still be in the league if you asked me in 2001. Personally, I didn’t believe in Babcock’s judgement and he had gone over to see him and liked him from what I recall. 

Who knows with Gasol we rebuild all the way in 2001 we might have had the ultimate shot at Lebron in 2003. Probably not though.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Vets want to play with contenders and very few are like Vince Carter. Most want to at least be guaranteed of making the playoffs. I don't quite understand it from a money perspcetive if we can offer more. But I do understand it from a pride perspcetive and the fact they are millionaires fifty or more times over by their 10th year.

We should feel fortunate Jabari was willing to play for us; even if it is just to prove his worth and test the free agent waters again next year.

• Like 3

• Moderators

This isn't just a favor from Jabari, though.  This is a perfect situation for him to flourish.  He is the undisputed "big gun" for scoring off the bench and will get minutes with one of the elite passers in the entire league on a team that should be competitive enough to get some positive attention.

It is a good fit both directions.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

This isn't just a favor from Jabari, though.  This is a perfect situation for him to flourish.  He is the undisputed "big gun" for scoring off the bench and will get minutes with one of the elite passers in the entire league on a team that should be competitive enough to get some positive attention.

Yes it’s like the Millsap opportunity. Lost cost high reward. IMHO.

hace 12 horas, Vol4ever dijo:

Few rules some GM should have clear, never trade top 5 pick if it is not for a young star two way player and bet on potential. Schlenk seems to have that clear although I would have never done the Doncic trade, too risky in my opinion, until Cam plays for now we are losing.

• Confused 1

Just now, gurpilo said:

Few rules some GM should have clear, never trade top 5 pick if it is not for a young star two way player and bet on potential. Schlenk seems to have that clear although I would have never done the Doncic trade, too risky in my opinion, until Cam plays for now we are losing.

Absolutely not.

Trae>Doncic

No matter what Cam does, I think we made the right choice in grabbing Trae. He’s gonna be a top 5 passer in the history of the game when it’s said and done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hace 4 minutos, Spud2nique dijo:

Absolutely not.

Trae>Doncic

No matter what Cam does, I think we made the right choice in grabbing Trae. He’s gonna be a top 5 passer in the history of the game when it’s said and done.

Well, I like Trae, he ia great but every prediction ranks Doncic higher and he has performed better till now. In my eyes we need Cam to become a star to really win on the trade, I might be wrong though.

Edited by gurpilo

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well, I like Trae, he ia great but every prediction ranks Doncic higher and he has performed better till now. In my eyes we need Cam to become a star to really win on the trade, I might be wrong though.

Well, I think Trae has held his own despite not winning the hardware for rookie of the year. Sophomore season for each will be telling no doubt. I can’t wait. Not saying Doncic will fade like Tyreke Evans by any means as he is a solid player as they come, but I think his progress will impede a bit while Trae continues that second half year he was on last year.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The good news for both teams is that Trae and Doncic look special enough that any "winner" will be one around the margins if these guys turn out to be as good as they look.  Kind of like Webber traded for Penny plus picks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree but of course our friends at Peachtree Hoops disagree

In summary, Parker’s fit with this version of the Hawks’ roster certainly seems a bit curious. However, in looking at where he has functioned with some mixed success in the past, it’s a bit easier to see the upside play that Schlenk may have had in mind when agreeing to this contract with Parker, even while the overall defensive fit is still very much a question.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/7/25/20703074/jabari-parker-offense-atlanta-hawks-fit-scouting-report-strengths-weaknesses-video-analysis

13 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

It would not have been as bad if we had of kept the 27th pick in the trade and drafted Tony Parker.

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

nnnn.gif

Thanks, I'll take it from here, Sam.

No, no we won't have to 'wait and see'.

I'm so sick and tired of folks citing eggsperts suggesting L*** is "much" better and "guaranteed" to be a superstar.  In the immortal words of Jerry Stackhouse, "Go watch the games, man."

There's a shelf-life on step-back long 2's and 3's 'cause you can't get by your man, homes.  There's a shelf-life on rendering your whole team trade-bait, mayne.  There's a shelf-life on not being able to guard your man and not being able to raise your teammates' level, kemosabe.

Just because the eggsperts have blindly cast their lot on one guy doesn't mean not nothing to me.  And that's a triple-negative if you're counting at home, sun.

I usually just say that because I don’t want to get in long debates like I have in the past. But I fully agree with ur msg.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Y'all know my feeling on players that don't improve their team's chances to win games.  Last year was not the year to taunt Doncic as a player that elevates his team's chances of winning games. So enough with the Doncic better than Trae Chants!

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all know my feeling on players that don't improve their team's chances to win games.  Last year was not the year to taunt Doncic as a player that elevates his team's chances of winning games. So enough with the Doncic better than Trae Chants!

How do you evaluate Doncic?  His team went into one of the biggest mid-season tank jobs we've seen in recent years.  They clearly did not want to win and gave away all their starters other than him.  Conversely, Atlanta sucked early in the year but was largely happy to win the games they could win.  The metrics that measure impact on a team's chances of winning games certainly favor LD last year.

I'm still a believer in him and think he had the strongest rookie season last year by a material margin.  Don't feel a need to crap on him as a way of showing support to Trae because Trae is a super exciting young stud that is going to continue to progress.

Luka's success doesn't mean Trae can't overtake him in the near term and/or long term future.