• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

All right so let's get down to the real issue now.  When soth comes after you, I got yer back and you better have mine.

It's why I'm higher on AD than Towns.  I'll take injury risk in exchange for an impact player on both ends. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Timberpups? 🐺 Aren’t they like old now, or am I thinking about the 2009 rebuild? Sorry they’ve had a few.

Your posting privileges are going to be put on hold if you don't make that pick, Spud! 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Weekly hot-take from kg:

I'd take Wiggins over Towns.

At least you know what Wiggins issues are.  Towns is Kevin Love with a tan and a greater organizational leash.  Listening to his comments last week about how basketball isn't the main thing for them as an organization, blah, blah, blah ... 

Dude's fake as heyul.  Plays no defense and has questionable heart just like Wiggins.  Plus he's soft as baby voodoo (shout out 2LiveStews, RIP)

I'd counter that with:

KAT eschewed any chance of ever being on a Dream Team by choosing to compete for the DR.  Yes.  The DR.

Wiggins OTOH is still contemplating between "negotiating" the "terms" for him to be the star for Canada or stay home and not work on his game instead.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I'd counter that with:

KAT eschewed any chance of ever being on a Dream Team by choosing to compete for the DR.  Yes.  The DR.

Wiggins OTOH is still contemplating between "negotiating" the "terms" for him to be the star for Canada or stay home and not work on his game instead.

Yup.  And contrast that with Okogie having a chance to star for Nigeria but chose to go the USA Bball route instead.  He'll likely not ever make the US senior national team but chose the more competitive route anyway 'cause he ain't skeered.

Don't take it personal, ma$e.

Anyway, I gotta get all these posts in before saphron wakes up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yup.  And contrast that with Okogie having a chance to star for Nigeria but chose to go the USA Bball route instead.  He'll likely not ever make the US senior national team but chose the more competitive route anyway 'cause he ain't skeered.

Don't take it personal, ma$e.

Anyway, I gotta get all these posts in before saphron wakes up.

It’s cute how you two ✌️ keep ur marriage young. Kudos! Wait.. wrong forum. 😐 

• Haha 2

Are there no Rumors of whom the hawks are looking at for the last  roster spot?   Can we at least fill the other 2 way spot,  Summer league has been over for a full week.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Are there no Rumors of whom the hawks are looking at for the last  roster spot?   Can we at least fill the other 2 way spot,  Summer league has been over for a full week.

Wouldn't it make sense to wait until after the preseason camp is done and see the fallout that could come from that?  Unless a 'can't miss' guy becomes available, there is not a need to fill those slots at this time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AtlHomer said:

Wouldn't it make sense to wait until after the preseason camp is done and see the fallout that could come from that?  Unless a 'can't miss' guy becomes available, there is not a need to fill those slots at this time.

When have the Hawks ever went  into camp with only 13 players signed to the roster?  Furthermore,  it was reported during Summer League play that they were searching the Summer League rosters for a 2nd player to sign to a 2 way deal.  

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

When have the Hawks ever went  into camp with only 13 players signed to the roster?  Furthermore,  it was reported during Summer League play that they were searching the Summer League rosters for a 2nd player to sign to a 2 way deal.  

Alex Poythress and Daniel Hamilton signed their 2way contracts August 20th 2018.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Almost irrelevant to the real point, but fwiw, I believe Hamilton was signed to a normal contract, and of course, Jaylen Adams was the first 2-way signed last summer, on 7/1. Poythress, indeed, filled the 2nd on 8/20. So, as implied, seems like we should probably expect another month or so before the 2nd is filled.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Almost irrelevant to the real point, but fwiw, I believe Hamilton was signed to a normal contract, and of course, Jaylen Adams was the first 2-way signed last summer, on 7/1. Poythress, indeed, filled the 2nd on 8/20. So, as implied, seems like we should probably expect another month or so before the 2nd is filled.

I hope Travis signs someone with more skill and veteran leadership than the Daniel Hamilton's of the World.    We only have 1 true Veteran with leadership ability on the team right now and that is Evan Turner.   Collins & Trae are good character guys but they are still learning and maturing.  Crabbe, Bembry & Parsons are not Leaders.     You need proven Vets such as Vince Carter, Pau Gasol & Devin Harris for that Leadership role.

23 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I hope Travis signs someone with more skill and veteran leadership than the Daniel Hamilton's of the World.    We only have 1 true Veteran with leadership ability on the team right now and that is Evan Turner.   Collins & Trae are good character guys but they are still learning and maturing.  Crabbe, Bembry & Parsons are not Leaders.     You need proven Vets such as Vince Carter, Pau Gasol & Devin Harris for that Leadership role.

I want Faried or Livingston. I know based on need Livingston is the better FA fit; but based on talent and impact, I think Faried would be a steal this late in free agency.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I want Faried or Livingston. I know based on need Livingston is the better FA fit; but based on talent and impact, I think Faried would be a steal this late in free agency.

Faried can play some C (that was almost exclusively what he played last season).  I think he may be the bigger need.  Cam, Huerter, and Bembry can all play some PG for us if Turner is unavailable.  If Trae goes down, we'll have to fill that 15th spot with a replacement but we are kind of screwed then anyway.  

Faried might be needed on a more regular basis.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's ok to let go, Supers.  McLemore and Stauskas (and others) are your blind spots.  Bless your heart.  You just won't accept that they stink out loud and always have and always will.

We may schedule an intervention for you.

Can I get in on that? The intervention! Actually right after the gym..I’m not doing yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ today but rather walking 🚶 around the building.. 

3...2. LOUUUIIIEEEE CK 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Can I get in on that? The intervention! Actually right after the gym..I’m not doing yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ today but rather walking 🚶 around the building.. 

3...2. LOUUUIIIEEEE CK 😆 

Well, we only want people there that care about Supes.  Not people that just want to point 'n laugh at him.  Actually, that pretty much disqualifies me so somebody tell me how it goes.

😏

Kidding, we loves you supers.

• Haha 4