• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great quote from LP on Trae...

REHawksFan

Trae goals are simple. Him and John want to be All Stars. VC showed them there is levels to this shit. That's why I keep saying 44 wins is my min for this team. 50-53 is likely their max.

I still expect Cam to be the starter at the 3. Just a better overall fit with the starters and the best talent overall. Hunter fits with all roster pairings which makes him special but Cam fits best with the crew and his transition is just much smaller than De'Andre due to just the system change.

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae goals are simple. Him and John want to be All Stars. VC showed them there is levels to this shit. That's why I keep saying 44 wins is my min for this team. 50-53 is likely their max.

Man I would LOVE it if they were both all stars. I truly hope you are correct. IF they are, I can see the 50 win total, but right now, I'm a bit more conservative.  Thinking 43-45 wins and fighting for the 7/8 seed.  

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I still expect Cam to be the starter at the 3. Just a better overall fit with the starters and the best talent overall. Hunter fits with all roster pairings which makes him special but Cam fits best with the crew and his transition is just much smaller than De'Andre due to just the system change.

So are you saying Hunter comes off the bench? Or are you starting Cam at 2 and Huerter off the bench?  OR....are you bringing Len off the bench and starting Collins at the 5?  

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Man I would LOVE it if they were both all stars. I truly hope you are correct. IF they are, I can see the 50 win total, but right now, I'm a bit more conservative.  Thinking 43-45 wins and fighting for the 7/8 seed.  

So are you saying Hunter comes off the bench? Or are you starting Cam at 2 and Huerter off the bench?  OR....are you bringing Len off the bench and starting Collins at the 5?  

Hard to be conservative when I feel we got two legit All Stars.

Hunter off the bench in an Iggy versatile role. Him and Parker should dominate bench units and Hunter can finish out games for us with John at the 5.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

Problem with your projections are the Hawks two main players, Trae and Collins play ZERO defense.  Add three rooks that have not played in the league this team will win no more than 30 games imo.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

I see Huerter as a glue kind of player. The Tayshaun Prince of sorts.

Yup, well, what we hoped out of Tayshaun Prince anyway.

Huert draws a lot of Klay comparisons for obvious reasons but he may end up filling the Draymond Green role of jack of all trades with us. 

5 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Problem with your projections are the Hawks two main players, Trae and Collins play ZERO defense.  Add three rooks that have not played in the league this team will win no more than 30 games imo.  

Trae plays D, he just ain't good at it and Collins lacks defensive versatility which is also an issue. I expect growth. We added Cam and Hunter, I expect growth 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae plays D, he just ain't good at it and Collins lacks defensive versatility which is also an issue. I expect growth. We added Cam and Hunter, I expect growth 

I expect some growth, but this is another rebuilding year with the rooks.   

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae goals are simple. Him and John want to be All Stars. 

Apparently, they are getting a 5 minute increase next season, so they should put up all-star numbers.

According to general manager Travis Schlenk, the Hawks expect Trae Young and forward John Collins to see more minutes and grow as players next season. "Last year, Trae and John (Collins) played about 30 minutes," said Schlenk in his interview. "They are probably going to play 35 minutes this year as they continue to grow." 

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution 

Per 36 last season

Collins : 23.4pts - 11.7rebs

Trae : 22.3pts - 9.4ast 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

While what you say is true. it's also worth considering that Collins actually improved his defense towards the end of the year, so there is at least some precedence to make us hopeful that he can improve his defense next year. Trae will probably never be a plus defender because of his physical limitations, he is simply not long enough to contest shots effectively, however, PG is not an exactly loaded position in the eastern conference this year, outside of Kyrie and Kemba so not sure who there is to fear at PG this upcoming season.

30 win ceiling is a little ridiculous honestly, we could have easily won 30 games last year and have lost absolutely nothing while potentially gaining some much needed defensive help via our rooks. Each of our three picks project as great defenders, so while, yes, relaying on rooks is usually a bad thing, it's also true that defense translates faster and more effectively than offense from college to pros. 30 wins would happen if Collins, Huert and Trae do not improve on either end and our rookies are all busts. Realistically 33 - 38 wins should be our goal next year. We will be in the bubble for that 8th spot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pimp said:

Apparently, they are getting a 5 minute increase next season, so they should put up all-star numbers.

According to general manager Travis Schlenk, the Hawks expect Trae Young and forward John Collins to see more minutes and grow as players next season. "Last year, Trae and John (Collins) played about 30 minutes," said Schlenk in his interview. "They are probably going to play 35 minutes this year as they continue to grow." 

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution 

Per 36 last season

Collins : 23.4pts - 11.7rebs

Trae : 22.3pts - 9.4ast 

That's not taking into account their growth and play in the 2nd half of last season. That's why I keep saying, people projecting us is lower than the reality

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae goals are simple. Him and John want to be All Stars.

I think they are such mature players that they understand that individual accolades are good and all but it’s the team’s success that is the ultimate goal. TEAM GOALS above anything for us. The individual things will come with winning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Trae tried more on defense he could average almost 2 steals per game. He really lacked effort in many games last year.

He’s very quick and can play passing lanes and read passes very well so I’d agree.

• Like 2