• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

1st Preseason Game Vs New Orleans

marco102

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Spare us the preseason doesn't matter post...They tried that on the Falcons board too. The team is what it is...Turn over prone, no defense with poor rebounding...

Whoa!  I never said we wouldn't have turnovers. I was referring specifically to Trae, but okay, be mad about preseason.

• Haha 2

Who said I was mad? I expected this.

Okay,  You said " Trae had 8 turnovers.  WTF!"

I responded with my post saying I wouldn't be too worried about Trae and HIS turnovers because he wasn't taking the game too seriously.  Then you came at me with your snarky response when I feel like I was being very respectful with my comment towards your comment.  

WTF! Generally means you aren't expecting something or you are upset about it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Okay,  You said " Trae had 8 turnovers.  WTF!"

I responded with my post saying I wouldn't be too worried about Trae and HIS turnovers because he wasn't taking the game too seriously.  Then you came at me with your snarky response when I feel like I was being very respectful with my comment towards your comment.  

WTF! Generally means you aren't expecting something or you are upset about it. 

I was hoping Trae would stop turning th ball over but as far as the team is concerned they played like expected.

I was hoping Trae would stop turning th ball over but as far as the team is concerned they played like expected.

We can def agree on that.  That 4th quarter had a ton of turnovers.  The brightside being Bembry didn't have his steal/turnover cycle...so growth!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Pierce told the guys to go all and not worry about turnovers tonight. This isn't an official game, so I wouldn't draw any real conclusions from what we saw. Hunter and Cam, the two top 10 picks, looked good. Trae is going to average 10 apg this year with his eye's closed, whether he can limit turnovers and avoid terrible shots will be the defining factor on whether he will be a contender or a pretender for that 8th seed, but this game is no barometer for that. First preseason game for this new Hawks team together with lots of new faces.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Pierce told the guys to go all and not worry about turnovers tonight.

Am I the only one that thinks this is strange?  Why would you encourage a turnover prone team to not worry about turnovers?  Wasn't he just upset with the turnovers during a team scrimmage?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He basically told the guys, you know what just go out there and have fun, play at 100% intensity and if mistakes happen don't worry about it we'll look at the tape later and correct those things before the season starts.

I doubt very seriously Pop coaches like this.

37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Spare us the preseason doesn't matter post...They tried that on the Falcons board too. The team is what it is...Turn over prone, no defense with poor rebounding...

Yup I was there

Positives: 

The energy was good

Trae generational passing only got better. 

John played tough-minded which is a good thing. 

Hunter was as good as I thought he was. His perimeter defense is much further along than I thought it would be. 

Cam Reddish's talent and skill-set with his shooting touch is freakish. He needs to add more strength Develop better decision making within the flow of the game and play good defense instead of reaching when it's not there. 

Bembry's aggressiveness was A1. He really put the foot to the petal from beginning to end. 

Len shot has only gotten more pretty. 

Bruno looks really good v. reserves. It gives me hope he just needs more reps in the G-League. 

The guys playing with each other. 

Negatives:

The defensive communication was next level awful. 

It's clear we haven't installed the offense yet on a practice level. 

D. Jones looked awful. 

Charlie Brown Jr. was looking like an AAA player. 

LP was trying units that on the surface looked like it would fail 

Shooting could be an issue if injuries take place. 

We struggled with NO perimeter D but they have exceptional defenders. 

The 5 position could be an issue this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sunday afternoon, the Atlanta Falcons faced Houston and the Falcon's defense made the Houston offense look great.

Monday night, the Atlanta Hawks faced the N.O. Pelicans and the Hawks defense made the Pelicans offense look great.

Come on, Atlanta.  Get your stuff together.  Falcons head coach is a defensive guru.  The Hawks head coach is a defensive guru.

The bad thing?  The Falcons losses count.  The good thing?  The Hawks losses don't count right now.  They have time to correct a lot of things and they have more than their final roster right now.  Some players will go to the G League.

Hunter and Reddish looked like they belong in the NBA!

:blind:

• Like 3