• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

A big part of team defense is communication.  Gotta know what to say and when to say it.

Hawks don't.  They have three rookies, all playing good individual defense.  Strangely enough, it seems that we are missing our other rookie.  Bruno isn't very good.  He's raw.  But, he does some good things.  These things were missing.

Parker is in rehab.  Some speculate that he will be traded by the deadline.  But, he's still young and may be considered a keeper by the Hawks.  If another team wants him, the price is high!

Trae needs to rest his body.  He's too tired.  Younguns need their sleep and it seems he's not getting enough.

:smug:

Gramps I have something to tell you and your not gonna like it. 

We shot 12/24 FT 50%

We lost by 10 points. 

Not saying we would have won but let’s face it the game woulda come down to the wire.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

@Spud2nique - Yeah, I know.  I posted this in the official game section.  Missed 12 and lost by 10!  Also, Trae went 0-7 from down town.  He needs his rest.

:suicide:

😂 Gramps I knew you caught this. It’s just I that I finished watching the game this morning and read a few pages of the game thread but didn’t finish it all. 

Ya Trae has to be starting to get a bit fatigued from the grind. Your boy Goodwin sure is doing what he can to help that’s for sure. Nice work Gramps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if Brandon Goodwins 2-way contract will be converted to a standard NBA contract before Wednesday?

Why you ask? Wednesday is the deadline for signing new 2-way players to the GLeague.  

I'm guessing Goodwin is here for the long haul. He's played 10 NBA games but you also need to include practice days. I'll guesstimate he's used 18-20 of his allotted 45 days.

Or do the Hawks want to keep the roster spot open until the trade deadline?

I think he has demonstrated he can be a capable PG backup.  Combine this with Turner's comments that he and Parsons should expect to get DNPs for the near future in favor of younger players, it seems the Hawks believe Goodwin can handle that role. 

Perhaps some buyouts will help to free up roster spots by the time of the trade deadline.

• Like 3

• Admin
On 1/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Shooting 9/43 from 2 and 1/18 from 3 in his first 5 NBA games doesn't help.

However, the good news is - he's improved on those numbers as the season has progressed. Just like I did with Trae, I want to see improvement as the season goes along. So far, so good.

(2 games in Jan)

20200108_084937.jpg

Im glad they are improving but they are still really bad

• Like 3