• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

This just in, Toronto is still all in for a move to land LaMelo Ball. I am still trying to figure out how without O.G., Lowry, FVF(FA), or Siakam in the deal. I was told they do not want to trade their core pieces. I also found out that they value O.G. more than Siakam which is a major surprise. It's probably as big as Hawks valuing Cam over JC. That said, I repeat, my guy says they are NOT interested in trading a core piece. They want to resign Ibaka and Gasol to a higher end one year deal to give them a shot at 2021 FA and Giannis. 

• Thanks 2

I do have an update on MIN - LaMelo Ball stakes. As previously mentioned, I do not think Ball will be traded to a top 10 team in this lottery. The reason for that is because the teams that are interested aren't in the top 10. Indiana, Toronto, and Detroit have showed the most interest in Ball and Detroit is not willing to trade a future 1st much less a 2021 1st. Two new teams have entered the LaMelo interest party: Orlando Magic and OKC Thunder. I was told that the interest from OKC is lukewarm though but they have a lot of assets to move up. I was told Orlando has serious interest but Jon Isaac is NOT available. Orlando is building around Isaac. He also represents the DeVos family extremely well. They love him. They also aren't trading Bamba either unless it's significant is what he stated. Orlando does offer somethings MIN likes. 

There has been some trade talks between Atlanta and Min in general. Rosas really likes the #6 spot and looking at his options in how to move up from #17. It's going to take a lot to get Atlanta to move from this spot picks wise but there has been some interest from Atlanta in Jarrett Culver. I haven't heard that Rosas is okay with moving him yet but I do know Rosas wants another top 10 pick and is targeting Okoro, Toppin, and Deni. It's going to take a lot to get Atlanta to move off #6 is what he's been told. He was told KAT, Okogie, Russell, Malik Beasley are their core pieces at this time. No mention of Culver was crazy to me even though offensively, he was bad. 

• Thanks 3

To add about MIN. They didn't get a chance to workout Culver like Atlanta and other teams did. They made the move based on offering Saric for #7 which was available. To them, it was a no brainer by their board but remember, Culver was rated higher than Hunter till we worked them both out and realized Hunter was clearly better. So what I am saying is, MIN didn't do all of their homework on this one which might explain why he isn't a core piece like our guys our. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To add about MIN. They didn't get a chance to workout Culver like Atlanta and other teams did. They made the move based on offering Saric for #7 which was available. To them, it was a no brainer by their board but remember, Culver was rated higher than Hunter till we worked them both out and realized Hunter was clearly better. So what I am saying is, MIN didn't do all of their homework on this one which might explain why he isn't a core piece like our guys our. 

I hope the Hawks get to do in person pre-draft workouts, that is such an important part of the evaluation. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This just in, Toronto is still all in for a move to land LaMelo Ball. I am still trying to figure out how without O.G., Lowry, FVF(FA), or Siakam in the deal. I was told they do not want to trade their core pieces. I also found out that they value O.G. more than Siakam which is a major surprise. It's probably as big as Hawks valuing Cam over JC. That said, I repeat, my guy says they are NOT interested in trading a core piece. They want to resign Ibaka and Gasol to a higher end one year deal to give them a shot at 2021 FA and Giannis. 

Obviously they will have to trade something of significant value to move up that high. I would be surprised if it happens. Everyone just low balls each other, and no one bites.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hope the Hawks get to do in person pre-draft workouts, that is such an important part of the evaluation. 

It is. They came into the process thinking Culver/Reddish/Clarke. They left thinking Hunter/Reddish and if somehow, someone stole Cam from us. One of the Kentucky guys and they were leaning towards Tyler Herro. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, that's wrong, P.J. Washington. I was thinking about Tyler Herro but P.J. was going to be the pick if Cam was off the board. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Obviously they will have to trade something of significant value to move up that high. I would be surprised if it happens. Everyone just low balls each other, and no one bites.

I agree. It would take something crazy like Siakam for MIN to do that trade with Toronto. 

As far as deals I think they will consider, A. Gordon/15/and a top 5 protected 2021 1st. I think this deal could work for MIN. I know they want more than this though. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sorry, that's wrong, P.J. Washington. I was thinking about Tyler Herro but P.J. was going to be the pick if Cam was off the board. 

I agree. It would take something crazy like Siakam for MIN to do that trade with Toronto. 

As far as deals I think they will consider, A. Gordon/15/and a top 5 protected 2021 1st. I think this deal could work for MIN. I know they want more than this though. 

Siakam was awful in the series with Boston, and he's owed 130m over the next 4 years. His play in the bubble was not his best. Maybe trading him wouldn't be a bad idea. But the organization loves him. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Cavs are going to give Drummond away.  Seems like the Rockets should be interested.   

So are you saying that small ball is great in the regular season, but a failure in the playoffs?

You Dont Say GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Wow would be exciting to see Lamelo in Toronto.

or Atlanta

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This smells.  I don't see how Toronto moves into even the top 10 without including one of OG or Siakam, so that doesn't sound plausible. Even if they add in the max number of future picks and picks swaps...still not plausible.  They have the #29 pick this year. You can't count FVV as he is a FA. I don't see a lottery team trading their pick for 1 year of Lowry. Powell doesn't get them a lottery pick.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Denver Update as well: 

They want to resign both Grant and Millsap. They also are looking to add a cheaper center behind Jokic and give more mins to Bol Bol. Don't be surprised if they draft a center. 

What's the general price tag for them?

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Siakam was awful in the series with Boston, and he's owed 130m over the next 4 years. His play in the bubble was not his best. Maybe trading him wouldn't be a bad idea. But the organization loves him. 

No way you trade him after 1 bad playoff series.  This was really his first year being a #1 or #2 scoring option.  If you've never been a legit 1st option, it takes time to adjust to defenses actually game planning for you, than you playing off of a main guy.  

I could see the same thing happening to John Collins if the Hawks make the playoffs next season, especially if the Hawks don't try to develop his scoring in the post or in isolation.  If he's relegated to a pick and pop and catching lobs guy, instead of developing his overall game, that's the type of player that could really be shut down in a playoff series. 

Trae, because all of the attention would be on to take the ball out of his hands ( ala what the Lakers are doing to Harden ), could struggle too.  But he'll also find a way to produce.  At that point, it would be up to the other guys to make open shots.

But I could definitely see Collins undergoing the same fate as Siakam in a playoff series.

• Like 3