• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

54 minutes ago, DS5 said:

@NBASupes would this trade be a 1 for 1 deal or does it involve picks and salary fillers?

If it's Simmons, I think he'd be a great fit despite the lack of shooting. Elite defender and can handle the ball to free up Trae. 

The current offer is 1 for 1 but my guess is there will be fillers added in one way or another. This is the type of deal that helps a team pull in a 3rd and 4th team just due to Atlanta's cap flexibility. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah we do differ on this.  We know that Trae and John have chemistry which will only improve over time. We also know that they are friends off the court who talk constantly.  We don't know that about Simmonds and Trae.  Heck we don't even know how they will even fit together.  We know John wants to be here and considers himself a foundational piece to the Hawk's improvement efforts and has worked his tail off to improve every season.  I'm not willing to give up on the one thing that has worked for the Hawks just yet but y'all seem to be eager to do so.  This is why I have question.

We're not that far off from each other.  Again, I'm not the biggest Simmons fan.  He seems aloof in a way that his game doesn't warrant.  That said, has it even been confirmed that it's Simmons?  We might be hollerin' and screamin' about nothing.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, High5 said:

It's funny how offended you get whenever someone suggests trading one our players while also acting like the GM who drafted them doesn't know how to evaluate talent.

Get it right - he doesn't know how to evaluate any talent after #20 :tongue:

Just got clearance: 

Clippers

Two names for FA that have come up that are appealing to LAC is DeMar DeRozan and Aron Baynes. This just further puts proof into the interest for Al Horford being real considering how great Baynes and Horford is together. DeRozan is a bit of a surprise, I didn't hear much chatter on him but I knew something was up when SA was reaching out to teams above moving up. Even had some interest in moving up to #1 overall but not willing to part with the asked value. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly!  Beside this just makes for interesting discussion, particularly this year.  @NBASupes  has made no declaration about what WILL happen, just about what is being currently discussed.

Us as Hawks die hards are trying to decipher the information and how it would best help the Hawks or Not. Just ride the wave or Not!

Not once other than CP3 and Oladipo will be traded. 

I do believe the Spurs are the team that might be the big movers to land Wiseman. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just got clearance: 

Clippers

Two names for FA that have come up that are appealing to LAC is DeMar DeRozan and Aron Baynes. This just further puts proof into the interest for Al Horford being real considering how great Baynes and Horford is together. DeRozan is a bit of a surprise, I didn't hear much chatter on him but I knew something was up when SA was reaching out to teams above moving up. Even had some interest in moving up to #1 overall but not willing to part with the asked value. 

This assumes DeRozan opts out of his $27 million. But then LAC has no money to sign him as a FA. Or do you mean a trade from SAS?

So LAC will have to trade Beverly, Lou and Zubac for Al and sign Baynes in FAcy?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This assumes DeRozan opts out of his $27 million. But then LAC has no money to sign him as a FA. Or do you mean a trade from SAS?

So LAC will have to trade Beverly, Lou and Zubac for Al and sign Baynes in FAcy?

It would be via a SnT for LA and from what my guy has, Demar is leaning towards opting out. The market isn't super hot for DD but he getting some contender looks and his SnT value is pretty high. 

I don't think they will trade Lou. They want to keep Lou. They would also like to keep Pat Bev but that will be hard to do if they want to make moves. They got options. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It would be via a SnT for LA and from what my guy has, Demar is leaning towards opting out. The market isn't super hot for DD but he getting some contender looks and his SnT value is pretty high. 

I don't think they will trade Lou. They want to keep Lou. They would also like to keep Pat Bev but that will be hard to do if they want to make moves. They got options. 

LAC has $114 million in committed salary, so a SnT will have to include and agreed to by Harrell.

What kind of money will DD get in FA?

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LAC has $114 million in committed salary, so a SnT will have to include and agreed to by Harrell.

What kind of money will DD get in FA?

Not exactly. They can make it work like Miami did to land Jimmy. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not exactly. They can make it work like Miami did to land Jimmy. 

Miami traded Josh Richardson in the deal to land Jimmy.  You just said LAC doesn't want to trade Bev and Lou (they may have to), so that only leaves Zubac.  Unless PG is on the table.

How does LAC trade for Al?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Only all stars that bring offense and defense that could make sense for us are Middleton, Pascal and Simmons.

Yeah.  Maybe Middleton and I might be good with that.  Hard to say.    Simmons has been to all star games prior to last year though right?   

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Not trying to be argumentative but did Schlenk really think that the team could be competitive with the players he sign as free agents last year which included Vince Carter and no back up point guard?  Is he that bad of a GM?

Our GM publicly said that last year's team was projected to win 30 games.  I guess it is up to you whether you think that is competitive.  That is a 36.5% winning %.  If 2019-20 repeated 2018-19, that would put us as the 5th worst record in the league.

From that starting point, we lost JC for 26 out of 67 games and the vets that TS thought could contribute ended up really disappointing, something that TS admitted was a result of him overestimating their ability to be rotation contributors.

So by my way of thinking if he though we were around the 5th worst team in the league with JC playing a full season and overestimating our vets, then I don't think he thought the team would be competitive.  Plan was to be back in the middle of the lottery.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

@NBASupes can you confirm 2 things for me?:
1. Is Cam Reddish the player involved on our side?
2. The "bonafide All Star" was an all star this past year? And not years past?

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. No

2. Yes

That's all I can confirm. 

So the core members are Trae, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins and Capela.  Supes say Trae, Reddish, Collins and Capela are out. That leaves one of Huerter or Hunter. I don't think Huerter has enough of the 1 on 1 value. So that leaves Hunter.  

Which Allstars at the same position makes sense? 

Team LeBron James*
1. Anthony Davis*, Lakers
2. Kawhi Leonard*, Clippers
3. Luka Doncic*, Mavericks
4. James Harden*, Rockets
5. Devin Booker^, Suns
6. Ben Simmons, 76ers
7. Nikola Jokic, Nuggets
8. Jayson Tatum, Celtics
9. Chris Paul, Thunder
10. Russell Westbrook, Rockets
11. Domantas Sabonis, Pacers

Team Giannis Antetokounmpo*
1. Joel Embiid*, 76ers
2. Pascal Siakam*, Raptors
3. Kemba Walker*, Celtics
4. Trae Young*, Hawks
5. Khris Middleton, Bucks
6. Bam Adebayo, Heat
7. Rudy Gobert, Jazz
8. Jimmy Butler, Heat
9. Kyle Lowry, Raptors
10. Brandon Ingram, Pelicans
11. Donovan Mitchell, Jazz

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Out - 2022 OKC first (likely 10-20 range), out #6 - In James Johnson + #1.  Atlanta turns and flips #1 for  established vet with salary + lower pick. It was a two part thought separated out.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How low of a pick.  Still in lottery or out?

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

probably lower than 14, higher than 25...that range.

These are the teams with picks in the 15-24 range: 15. Magic, 16. Blazers, 17. Wolves, 18. Mavericks, 19. Nets, 20. Heat, 21. Sixers, 22. Nuggets, 23. Jazz and 24. Bucks.

Which of these teams has an established vet that is worthy of the #1 pick that might be available? any guesses?

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Only all stars that bring offense and defense that could make sense for us are Middleton, Pascal and Simmons.

My couch QB take would be that Simmons is not someone we could land straight up for anyone in our core other than Trae so I'm not thinking there is a real need to discuss him.

Middleton and Pascal are more realistic but Pascal seems sketchy given that he is only 26 years old and would be traded for a less accomplished player who would be a big defensive downgrade in Toronto.  So I'm ruling him out as well.

Middleton seems like the most realistic scenario.  Given his age and rapidly escalating contract price, he seems like the kind of All-Star that could be available if someone loved one of our non-Trae/Cam core.  JC seems like the obvious candidate (a team trading an All-Star would be taking on a pretty huge performance risk with Huert [especially] or Hunter).  If it is JC for someone like Middleton, that presents some lineup balance issues leaving the frontcourt light and necessitating adding a big through FA and/or the draft.

• Like 1