• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So the core members are Trae, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins and Capela.  Supes say Trae, Reddish, Collins and Capela are out. That leaves one of Huerter or Hunter. I don't think Huerter has enough of the 1 on 1 value. So that leaves Hunter.  

Which Allstars at the same position makes sense? 

Team LeBron James*
1. Anthony Davis*, Lakers
2. Kawhi Leonard*, Clippers
3. Luka Doncic*, Mavericks
4. James Harden*, Rockets
5. Devin Booker^, Suns
6. Ben Simmons, 76ers
7. Nikola Jokic, Nuggets
8. Jayson Tatum, Celtics
9. Chris Paul, Thunder
10. Russell Westbrook, Rockets
11. Domantas Sabonis, Pacers

Team Giannis Antetokounmpo*
1. Joel Embiid*, 76ers
2. Pascal Siakam*, Raptors
3. Kemba Walker*, Celtics
4. Trae Young*, Hawks
5. Khris Middleton, Bucks
6. Bam Adebayo, Heat
7. Rudy Gobert, Jazz
8. Jimmy Butler, Heat
9. Kyle Lowry, Raptors
10. Brandon Ingram, Pelicans
11. Donovan Mitchell, Jazz

Simmons is a 2x all star so i was counting him out.   Bucks and Raptors are probably most likely to be heavy players in 2021 free agency or in other words Giannis.    I hadn't considered Ingram but i just doubt that's a fit.   I think we're looking at Middleton or Siakam for Hunter.

• Like 2

• Admin
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Simmons is a 2x all star so i was counting him out.   Bucks and Raptors are probably most likely to be heavy players in 2021 free agency or in other words Giannis.    I hadn't considered Ingram but i just doubt that's a fit.   I think we're looking at Middleton or Siakam for Hunter.

I didn't include Ingram as he was a restricted free agent but would do a trade for him in a heartbeat.  

Once again, no one on our core is on the trading block by us. Also, I can't say which player it is or isn't other than it ain't that difficult. I guess I can give you one and one clue only. It's not anyone drafted in last year's draft. No Bruno or the other two. That's as far I can go. Could be 2018. Could be 2016. Could be 2017. But not 2019 or 2020. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Once again, no one on our core is on the trading block by us. Also, I can't say which player it is or isn't other than it ain't that difficult. I guess I can give you one and one clue only. It's not anyone drafted in last year's draft. No Bruno or the other two. That's as far I can go. Could be 2018. Could be 2016. Could be 2017. But not 2019 or 2020. 

Not my Huerter!!!!

source.gif 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Gotta be Bembry!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

JC is NOT on the trading block and he's a part of the core. 

I guess it begs the question:  Who exactly are our CORE PLAYERS?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i'm totally confused now.   I thought the juicy tidbit was a straight up trade of one of our core guys for this all star player.    We ain't got no one to trade other than our core guys so again i'm lost.   

You can trade someone who isn't on the trading block.  Being on the trading block means you are actively reaching out to teams to move this player.  He is available.

Jayson Tatum isn't on the trading block.  But if Boston could deal him straight up for Giannis with the belief that Giannis would resign long-term then they would pull the trigger on that.

Supes is saying we aren't looking to move any one of our players.  But we answer the phone when people call with trade offers and there is price point for just about everyone in the league.  In this case, he is saying that the All-Star being dangled is sufficiently enticing that our management team is seriously considering a deal for this core player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae

Huerter

Cam

Hunter

JC

Capela

I agree, but  Supes indicated they are not available but in his block buster 1st post indicated there is a 1 for 1 allstar trade with a core player the Hawks are 'considering'

tenor.gif?itemid=4572653

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Supes is saying we aren't looking to move any one of our players.  But we answer the phone when people call with trade offers and there is price point for just about everyone in the league.  In this case, he is saying that the All-Star being dangled is sufficiently enticing that our management team is seriously considering a deal for this core player.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree, but  Supes indicated they are not available but in his block buster 1st post indicated there is a 1 for 1 allstar trade with a core player the Hawks are 'considering'

tenor.gif?itemid=4572653

Thanks for Clarifying.

For all of those that are confused:

There is a difference between being on the trading block and a team presenting an offer for a player. None of our core is on the trading block, but a team has made an offer for one of our core pieces (JC, and I see how you tried to fool us @NBASupes throwing 2016 draft in there as if Bembry is part of our core). This offer is good enough to the point where we didn't instantly decline given the player they want is in our core. 

Seems most logically it's JC for Siakam. It's been noted that Masai Ujiri is close with Giannis and Siakam is the biggest contract they have. With him gone, Ujiri can bring in Giannis and another max, and Supes initially said the team trying to trade the all star is confident they can sign 2 max FA. 

Now I feel like JC will ultimately be the better player and have the better career. I also don't want to be the team that enables someone else to build the next powerhouse. If I'm Schlenk (assuming this is the deal), I counter with an unprotected '21 1st with Siakam if they want JC, Giannis, Max FA....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Super said all star not meaning all star this year ... who plays d and will help with the offense 

my prediction is still Simmons but agree that it could also be Paul George 

I would love Paul George two years ago but I don’t want a 30 year old George.

I was thinking Jrue Holiday. lol

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Our GM publicly said that last year's team was projected to win 30 games.  I guess it is up to you whether you think that is competitive.  That is a 36.5% winning %.  If 2019-20 repeated 2018-19, that would put us as the 5th worst record in the league.

From that starting point, we lost JC for 26 out of 67 games and the vets that TS thought could contribute ended up really disappointing, something that TS admitted was a result of him overestimating their ability to be rotation contributors.

So by my way of thinking if he though we were around the 5th worst team in the league with JC playing a full season and overestimating our vets, then I don't think he thought the team would be competitive.  Plan was to be back in the middle of the lottery.

I kinda figured you would come for me instead of @kg01 who is the one who stated that last year's team was better than 2 years ago and that Schlenk and LP were trying to win but miscalculated.  But that's ok, I'm use to the cross fire.