Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What do you think about the following:

image.png

Embiiid + Trey..   = Unlocked Potential 

Doc gets a lot to work with. 

Not even remotely... he is injury prone and feels like we are giving up too much.

Also, I don’t know how his personality would fit.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Not even remotely... he is injury prone and feels like we are giving up too much.

It's a chance. 

But what do we lose?  Collins and Reddish...  Two great potential stars but neither has the near potential that Embiid has.

Just now, Diesel said:

It's a chance. 

But what do we lose?  Collins and Reddish...  Two great potential stars but neither has the near potential that Embiid has.

I'd be willing to change out Reddish for Hunter.

• Premium Member

Here's the Bait:

Embiid for Cappela, Hunter, and Collins

We get Embiid in the middle...  That's like 28/11/3/3/2

Offensive and defensive threat.   Possible MVP candidate. 

They get Collins on a cheap contract.  Capella and Hunter...  Hunter has potential... 4th pick overall. 

Let's say our draft plan is to pick up Obi Toppins?  He's a 70%/40% shooter in college.   I think he could be a stretch 4 at this level. 

Tray, Huerter, Reddish, Embiid.

At the PF, you can go after a guy like Montrez Harrell... or you can bring Toppins up under the tutoring of Paul Millsap (on his last contract). 

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

What do you think about the following:

image.png

Embiiid + Trey..   = Unlocked Potential 

Not a lot of use using the trade machine right now. The salaries will be altered, cap altered before these trades can be completed. I can't say this enough.....Cam Reddish isn't going anywhere. If there are 2 untouchables on the Hawks roster right now they are Trae and Cam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Anyone subscribe to the Athletic? I'm too cheap to subscribe to anything...but I 'm interested in the Hawks related parts of this article https://theathletic.com/1710471/2020/10/14/hollinger-predicting-all-41-nba-player-and-team-options-for-2020-free-agency/?source=freedailyemail

Nothing on the Hawks.  It's the 43 players with either Team Options or Player Options/Early Termination Options - Hawks have none.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Not a lot of use using the trade machine right now. The salaries will be altered, cap altered before these trades can be completed. I can't say this enough.....Cam Reddish isn't going anywhere. If there are 2 untouchables on the Hawks roster right now they are Trae and Cam.

Is the only reason JC isn't untouchable because of his upcoming Free Ageny/contract negotiations?

I feel like he is the only piece that would net us something significant in return. I wonder if us transitioning from PNR to more motion offense this training camp was in preparation for a future without JC.

Hmmm...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I'd rather just stick with the kids. Making a Godfather trade for a star is so risky, injuries, team chemistry, etc. and usually the results are underwhelming. If we can keep the core then sure, but otherwise, for the most part I'd rather not. 

• Like 4

Hawks probably aren't trading Hunter or Reddish. GMs like to see the young guys they drafted grow. Let's say we have another bad year and Schlenk gets fired, the next guy would have no qualms trading guys. It would also be surprising if they traded JC, that might only happen if contract negotiations get hairy. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I kinda figured you would come for me instead of @kg01 who is the one who stated that last year's team was better than 2 years ago and that Schlenk and LP were trying to win but miscalculated.  But that's ok, I'm use to the cross fire.

You asked the question about whether TS thought this team would be competitive.  Other people responded to your question.  I did the same.  I didn't "come for you."  Just was interested in the question you posed and gave you my $.02.