• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Just now, Diesel said:

It looks appealing.  BUT look at Doc's track record... Doc works best with Guys who respond. Not with superstars.  Didn't the Clipps just lose to Denver?

I remember Doc in Orlando.  He had....Ben Wallace, Chucky Atkins, Pat Garrity, Ron Mercer, and John Ameechi... and he transformed those guys into winners.  The only talented team that Doc has ever really won with is Pierce, KG, and Allen because those were vet guys who wanted to win more than anything else.   However, look at Doc's track record with young primedonnas...  Like this past Clipper team. 

I don't think Doc left the Clipps to go work with Guys that need constant motivation.   Cappella and Collins are Doc's kind of Guys.  Hunter is a guy that Doc can get the most out of.  When you read what Doc said about the 76ers... he did have some praise for the young players, but I think he was more impressed by the depth that the team had and that they were ready to win now.   The two stars of that team are not ready to win now.  They have been successful but they are not hungry.  If Elton pulled a trade, I think Doc would be on board. 

Doc is a guy who wants to win championships. It's a lot easier to do that with Joel and Ben than Hunter, Capela, and JC. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope. He said guys with 1 year left.

I think Beal can be moved.   He's very good but Washington is not close to competing.  While most have him going to LAL.. I Don't think LAL has the package for Beal.  He's a Jimmy Butler level star.   Kyle Kuzma won't get it.   So the question is who can come up with something for Beal that Washington would bite at?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Doc is a guy who wants to win championships. It's a lot easier to do that with Joel and Ben than Hunter, Capela, and JC. 

That's if Joel and Ben can get along.  Their games don't work together.   You can't pick and roll them.   You can't draw attention outside with Simmons great shooting.   And on top of all that... it's believed that they don't even like each other off the court. 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

DeRozan is opting out this year from what's being stated behind the scenes and has full interest of the Clippers in a SnT deal. GS would die if they had to pay the tax for Dedmon of all players. Naw, this ain't it. We are talking about #1 overall pick. We are talking a perennial all star. GS wants to move back but they want someone like Murray. Not Dedmon. 

So Paul George to Atlanta huh?  He can opt out after next season and fits the description 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

So Paul George to Atlanta huh?  He can opt out after next season and fits the description 

I hope not.  Paul George is a loser.   He shrinks when the lights are the hottest. 

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think Beal can be moved.   He's very good but Washington is not close to competing.  While most have him going to LAL.. I Don't think LAL has the package for Beal.  He's a Jimmy Butler level star.   Kyle Kuzma won't get it.   So the question is who can come up with something for Beal that Washington would bite at?

Beal doesn't want to leave Washington and Washington doesn't want him to leave. People are putting out fillers that he should be they think they will compete in 2020-21. Note: I only say 20-2021 because it was the original expected year of the season. 

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's none of these guys. 

I did get one thing wrong. I said that the pseudo superstar's team preferred Ball at #1. I was wrong. They prefer #1 as it's a lot easier to make the money work with MIN than GS. They are undecided on Ball or Wiseman at #1. 

Well that only leaves brandon ingram

23 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

*Insert Curb Your Enthusiasm shrug gif here*

I'm hoping Supes swoops in with Donovan Mitchell to the Hawks news. All Star, free agent in 2021. I don't expect it, but what a party that would be.

Just now, bird_dirt said:

*Insert Curb Your Enthusiasm shrug gif here*

I'm hoping Supes swoops in with Donovan Mitchell to the Hawks news. All Star, free agent in 2021. I don't expect it, but what a party that would be.

There is no Donovan to Atlanta chatter and never was outside of ya'll personal wishes. He's about to resign for the max is basically what he said recently after their season. 

As far as any trade the Hawks are in. They have to look at everything. They have to do their background check, see if Trae wants to play with that said player, consider what could go wrong and the cost, see if this risk is worth the reward, how likely is it that the said player will resign, and most importantly, does this make us contenders or even a playoff team. Blockbusters trades take WEEKS. If Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, or New York really have interest, it wouldn't be a quick thing, it would take time. So much goes into a major move of this caliber. 

Considering the player, I think it makes Atlanta a lock for the playoffs but contenders, no. Too young, not sure of the fit of some guys, and two defensive liabilities is two too many considering the degree which Trae is. Maybe if this trade and another major trade happened, I would give more credence to the idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is no Donovan to Atlanta chatter and never was outside of ya'll personal wishes. He's about to resign for the max is basically what he said recently after their season. 

As far as any trade the Hawks are in. They have to look at everything. They have to do their background check, see if Trae wants to play with that said player, consider what could go wrong and the cost, see if this risk is worth the reward, how likely is it that the said player will resign, and most importantly, does this make us contenders or even a playoff team. Blockbusters trades take WEEKS. If Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, or New York really have interest, it wouldn't be a quick thing, it would take time. So much goes into a major move of this caliber. 

Considering the player, I think it makes Atlanta a lock for the playoffs but contenders, no. Too young, not sure of the fit of some guys, and two defensive liabilities is two too many considering the degree which Trae is. Maybe if this trade and another major trade happened, I would give more credence to the idea. 

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Don't wake me from my dream. Not just yet. 

😌😴

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I guess I won't waste my time thinking about this non sense because this is exactly what it is.  The team's roster will not be much different this up coming season.

Didn't you say something similar around the trade deadline in this very thread, that we wouldn't make any trades and we ended up with Capela, Dedmon and Teague? 

Just take it for what it is or isn't.

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2021 FAs/PO:

Screenshot_20201015-224155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just know whoever it is, it's someone Travis covets and would love to add next to Trae, Cam, De'Andre, Kevin, JC, and Clint. That said, is it worth the risk considering that this offseason has a lot of suitors who are also contenders. Is it too early to bet on Trae. 

• Thanks 1