• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

100%. Its about being able to have an elite team with elite BBIQ and pay the luxury tax. 

Add the DeRozan SnT and their full MLE and they will end up paying the tax.

To add, they are prioritizing resigning Morris and Green over Harrell. They would like to resign Reggie Jackson too. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

100%. Its about being able to have an elite team with elite BBIQ and pay the luxury tax. 

Add the DeRozan SnT and their full MLE and they will end up paying the tax.

If this goes down - Would PG be amenable to picking up his option $37 million option for 2021-22 or would they want him to?

I like the idea of adding PG! PG and Capela should help steer us in a winning direction....SHOULD 

BUT it’s a scary move based on expectations being higher! We can’t just slip into the playoffs if we make such a move . Our young guys will really have to step up! Hopefully PG can be a jimmy butler for our young core.

im so for this trade happening! As many have already stated I believe we have stars in the making in obviously Trae, Collins and Cam once he puts it all together.

if the starting lineup was up to me it would be ....

pg-Trae

sg-Cam 

sf-PG

pf-Collins

c-Capela

huerter, Hunter, and another decent free agent signing run the bench.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Remember when Bud offered Indy like a century of draft picks for PG and they said no.

Offered 4 1st round picks in 2017. We were the 5th seed in the East (so #19 pick, John Collins plus future 1sts)  - so mostly non lotto picks. Indy ended up trading for Oladipo and #11 (Sabonis)

Update: 

Indy

I know I been giving Indy updates like everyday but they are the most linked team that's looking to change where they are currently at. 

Indy is still in talks for #2 overall with LaMelo Ball being their target. Andrew Wiggins is the hold up. I've told you that Sabonis or Turner has been offered to GS. GS would like Warren as well and it was declined is what I was told. I do think GS likes San Antonio more who's targeting Wiseman because they have a lottery pick to flip and Igoudala TPE can eat the salary of Murray. I think they will meet half way. GS gives their own 2021 1st and Indy also trades Warren. 

Indy isn't done there. They have been in active talks with a lot of teams of late. There is a chance Sabonis and Turner could be moved and Oladipo is obviously being moved. Right now, it seems like Brogdon is the only player that's safe right now. They aren't clearly rebuilding but they are clearly retooling. 

Knicks/Nets

Knicks have been one of the most active teams on the trade market and FA market. They want to build a competitive team while NOT trading future assets but attaining more future assets. They are open to flipping everyone on their team that's not Mitchell Robinson or R.J. Barrett and have a soft spot for Frank (Thibs). They are open to a large number of moves. 

Nets have been targeting Jrue Holiday and Oladipo. They are willing to trade 19. They aren't open to trading Caris, Kyrie, KD, Jordan, and Allen. They want to resign Joe Harris. They want to win the 2021 title and anything less will be a disappointment. 

Boston

They want to add another star but teams are highly reluctant to trade with them unless they can get Brown or Tatum which obviously is not happening. No one wants to do a deal with Boston where they can and will lose. Most teams see Boston as a contender that's one piece away from being favorites with their current core. They have been openly talking to teams to see about moving up for Wiseman with San Antonio. They have also reached out to Orlando about Bamba. 

Dallas

Wants a win-now star and is open to trading anything outside of Luka and KP to get it done. They are a team that is targeting Oladipo as well. They have also reached out to New Orleans about Holiday as well. One of the most aggressive teams on the market. I do think they have a real shot at Holiday as well. He thinks Oladipo is likely to end up in Dallas but there is a mystery team with finance issues that want him as well and might be able to land him. because they have the ability to overpay and get Indy players they covet that they are having trouble getting right now.  

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

I noticed something in my last post that I didn't think about. If Indy is willing to trade Warren which they haven't been so far, why just not do the MIN deal instead of GS who wanted the same thing. MIN and IND have stop talking but if they are willing to trade Warren, they can easily rekindle talks. Just me thinking out loud. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I noticed something in my last post that I didn't think about. If Indy is willing to trade Warren which they haven't been so far, why just not do the MIN deal instead of GS who wanted the same thing. MIN and IND have stop talking but if they are willing to trade Warren, they can easily rekindle talks. Just me thinking out loud. 

Greetings from 2021,

Whoever ends up with TJ Warren is uttering the phrase, "Oh dang.  So you're tellin' me he's the middling guy he was in the 7-8 years prior to the bubble and not the difference-maker he was while in the bubble?  We've been had!"

IND is all, "Suckers.  No take-backs!".

🤠

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Greetings from 2021,

Whoever ends up with TJ Warren is uttering the phrase, "Oh dang.  So you're tellin' me he's the middling guy he was in the 7-8 years prior to the bubble and not the difference-maker he was while in the bubble?  We've been had!"

IND is all, "Suckers.  No take-backs!".

🤠

T.J. was pretty damn good the entire year, pre and during the bubble. Indy values him too much to me. I think him and Brogdon are their untouchables. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

We obviously wont know, contract details for GMs are much more opaque than for players and coaches, but no way does he steps down if that means he doesn't get paid. Morey had most of the American public firmly in his camp, and the while league doesn't want to upset China, this is not a winning issue for them at home. No way does Morey agree to play nice without substantial compensation. 

My expectation is that he did not voluntarily leave and will be paid the remainder of his contract.  If he voluntarily left as has been messaged, that is where he wouldn't be entitled to the money.  Being pushed out means he either gets 100% of it or agrees to a reduced figure buyout.  If this was part of a deal to reopen China to the NBA while allowing the league to save face with the American public, he will be paid every penny of it and may even get a kicker for his cooperation.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

T.J. was pretty damn good the entire year, pre and during the bubble. Indy values him too much to me. I think him and Brogdon are their untouchables. 

Even if you accept that he was "pretty d*mn good" for a year, that's one in what 7-8 years?  Still more of the exception than the rule, no matter how you slice it.

For the record, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm disagreeing with the notion that IND should be so high on him.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Even if you accept that he was "pretty d*mn good" for a year, that's one in what 7-8 years?  Still more of the exception than the rule, no matter how you slice it.

For the record, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm disagreeing with the notion that IND should be so high on him.

He's been decent in PHX as well. He just finally became a 3pt shooter which Indy is known to do as we see with Justin Holiday. Warren elevated his game in Indy this year. Don't look down on it, he put in the work. I don't understand some of our fans. If our guy does this, we think and know it's real. If others do it, it's fake. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Come on. In no world are Warren and Brogdon "untouchable."