• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I just noticed that this thread is about Hawksquawk trying to dicipher coded posts by Supes based on the word of his multiple sauces.

Just for grins... what is Supes Correct percent?

Or does he wait til it's apparent and say... 

😁

9 minutes ago, High5 said:

Come on. In no world are Warren and Brogdon "untouchable." 

They are untouchable to a degree. Obviously, they can be had for a price but what untouchable means is that price is MUCH higher than the market rate. For example, Cam Reddish market rate could be the 1st pick in this year's draft but Atlanta wouldn't trade him unless they were getting a superstar with a lot of years in a packaged deal. You can't just get him outright without a massive deal and still, Atlanta has to want to trade him which they don't want to. 

Turner and Sabonis can be had for market rate. It's just that their market rate is VERY HIGH. Most people can't afford what they cost. If Indy values Warren at the same rate of Turner and Sabonis who has superior market rate, that means Warren isn't available. Are you following me? 

Basically, Warren would be a massive overpay and who wants to do that? 

Edited by NBASupes

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's been decent in PHX as well. He just finally became a 3pt shooter which Indy is known to do as we see with Justin Holiday. Warren elevated his game in Indy this year. Don't look down on it, he put in the work. I don't understand some of our fans. If our guy does this, we think and know it's real. If others do it, it's fake. 

Which one of our guys has done this and none of us were skeptical of it or wanted to see more?  Collins?  And, guess what, half of us want to see him duplicate it before paying him.

Stop assuming you're "above" the rest of us.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Which one of our guys has done this and none of us were skeptical of it or wanted to see more?  Collins?  And, guess what, half of us want to see him duplicate it before paying him.

Stop assuming you're "above" the rest of us.

Anyone of our guys can produce and we will defend that player even if it's for a couple months but you can't say Warren is a fluke if he just did it for one year only.  Trae Young as a rookie for example. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

They are untouchable to a degree. Obviously, they can be had for a price but what untouchable means is that price is MUCH higher than the market rate. For example, Cam Reddish market rate could be the 1st pick in this year's draft but Atlanta wouldn't trade him unless they were getting a superstar with a lot of years in a packaged deal. You can't just get him outright without a massive deal and still, Atlanta has to want to trade him which they don't want to. 

Turner and Sabonis can be had for market rate. It's just that their market rate is VERY HIGH. Most people can't afford what they cost. If Indy values Warren at the same rate of Turner and Sabonis who has superior market rate, that means Warren isn't available. Are you following me? 

Yes, I understand. I just think it's wrong. I think either could be had for a simply "good" deal. Nothing crazy. 

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Yes, I understand. I just think it's wrong. I think either could be had for a simply "good" deal. Nothing crazy. 

They aren't which is why I am saying are untouchable. You can offer a simply good deal but they will decline it. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Anyone of our guys can produce and we will defend that player even if it's for a couple months but you can't say Warren is a fluke if he just did it for one year only.  Trae Young as a rookie for example. 

There's a difference between being hopeful and making the leap that some positive trend we're seeing is a lock to be repeated.

Are we "hopeful", clearly yes since we're fans.

Do we blindly assume everything positive a Hawks player does isn't just a blip on the radar?  No, not many of us do that.  And the ones who do get rightfully called out on it.

TJ freaking Warren has been in the league for 6 seasons and has been an 'ok' player for the majority of that time.  He had a really good season this past year including a superb 5 or 6 games in the bubble.

I think it's more than fair to suggest, right now, that looks more like an exception than the rule.  And I don't think I should be branded as "that guy" who thinks all the Hawks are great and all the other teams' players are trash.

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

There's a difference between being hopeful and making the leap that some positive trend we're seeing is a lock to be repeated.

Are we "hopeful", clearly yes since we're fans.

Do we blindly assume everything positive a Hawks player does isn't just a blip on the radar?  No, not many of us do that.  And the ones who do get rightfully called out on it.

TJ freaking Warren has been in the league for 6 seasons and has been an 'ok' player for the majority of that time.  He had a really good season this past year including a superb 5 or 6 games in the bubble.

I think it's more than fair to suggest, right now, that looks more like an exception than the rule.  And I don't think I should be branded as "that guy" who thinks all the Hawks are great and all the other teams' players are trash.

I have a different perspective than you. I've been watching this player for years so I know the quality he is and how Indy development helped in areas whereas, he always was a solid player. I don't see him as an exception to the rule. That said, he's not worth what Indy wants and that's fine. If they want to keep him at all cost, let them. He's their player. 

Hmm... so #6 and 2021 1st for one year of Paul George?

Major pro: that 2021 pick would be in the 20s if we had PG.
Major con: he's gone after next season most likely

Are we where the Raptors were when they did the Kawhi trade knowing he was likely gone next year? 

If he commits to staying at least his second year, I'm for it. But if it's just one year, I think it might be best to keep 6 and '21. 

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Are we where the Raptors were when they did the Kawhi trade knowing he was likely gone next year? 

If he commits to staying at least his second year, I'm for it. But if it's just one year, I think it might be best to keep 6 and '21. 

They were like a 1 or 2 seed, not a team who won 20 games the year before 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, warcore said:

I can see why the Hawks would want to dig in on this one and do their due diligence.  Those draft picks aren't super valuable to us for our own use.  PG is not the ideal age for us (he's 30), since we aren't quite in win now mode.  I guess we have to ask, how far away is Cam or Hunter away from being able to be a similar piece to Paul George?  Does PG make us a contender right now? Can we resign PG?  And just how many elite years does he have left?  I think this type of move, while attractive, is going to take away developmental minutes from guys who have similar potential.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Update: 

Not a trade or draft update but a salary cap update. As the athletic reported, Michelle Roberts thinks they will be able to keep the salary cap at 115 for this upcoming year. Some around the NBA think it could drop a tad but not that much as teams really don't want to be in a tough spot for this year's FA. The biggest thing is, the amount of teams that are open to going over the LT. Let me name them for you in the East: 

MIL/PHI/BRK/WAS

And all teams want to be competitive and try to make the playoffs this year which is different than year's past. 

In the West: 

LAC/DEN/HOU/POR/GS

This is pretty huge, now I know some people are like whatever but as recently as a month ago. No team wanted to go into the LT for 2020-21. This is a big showcase year as many teams want to land a star in 2021 and this is a way to showcase why joining their team is the best decision. Also, some of these teams are desperate like MIL/PHI/HOU/ and WAS. They want to showcase a winner to prove to their stars to stay and do not leave or just prove that they can win with them. 

It's slim picking but the full MLE market will be a buzz. Do not expect so many trades outside of SnT. Just based on the information I got, it's going to be a damp market. 

53 minutes ago, txsting said:

I can see why the Hawks would want to dig in on this one and do their due diligence.  Those draft picks aren't super valuable to us for our own use.  PG is not the ideal age for us (he's 30), since we aren't quite in win now mode.  I guess we have to ask, how far away is Cam or Hunter away from being able to be a similar piece to Paul George?  Does PG make us a contender right now? Can we resign PG?  And just how many elite years does he have left?  I think this type of move, while attractive, is going to take away developmental minutes from guys who have similar potential.  

Atlanta doesn't give a shit about development minutes this year. They have real expectations on the players. You have to produce. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, txsting said:

EXACTLY. The only perspective I can see this as a positive is PG "showing" Cam and DeAndre "the ropes". And then after a year of that, they're supposed to have their own wings.  The question is, "is that worth 6 and '21?"

He would then leave in 2021 FA (like sign BACK with the Clips (this could be a dangerous move with PG being a double agent so to speak)). We would look more attractive to other FAs though, as we would be coming off a playoff appearance. 

4 hours ago, warcore said:

It is not the 21 1st but OKC 22 1st round pick that is in play here.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Just know whoever it is, it's someone Travis covets and would love to add next to Trae, Cam, De'Andre, Kevin, JC, and Clint. That said, is it worth the risk considering that this offseason has a lot of suitors who are also contenders. Is it too early to bet on Trae. 

I think I might just pass. Keep our picks and fill out rest of the bench in FA..Its not like he(whoever it is) is gonna make us a Championship contender...We can make the Playoffs without trading for PG13(or whoever it is) imo..

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can talk about this one now.

This is not what's going on behind the scenes. 

Paul George might not be getting shopped but LAC has him up for trade if it can land them the #1 overall pick and Chris Paul or Al Horford. They even open talks on the #2 and #3 pick. 

They are covering their bases but LAC has options. DeRozan is someone they are set to add and they are dropping Harrell. They want to keep Pat Bev but he is the one SAS would be interested in for a SnT of DeRozan and he has suitors interested as well around the league especially from Milwaukee who will drop some lightly protected future 1st to prove to Giannis they can win. 

That's not stopping teams like Toronto, Dallas, Las Angeles Lakers and Golden State from trying to gain more assets to be attractive for Giannis FA 2021 or a SnT deal with Milwaukee. 

Paul George is lightly on the market but considering the cost and the teams who appeal to Minnesota, it will be hard to see this deal going through. Atlanta is the only team who can likely take this risk and maybe it's too much too soon for these guys to handle. You know, real expectations. 

Good job @capstone21. Once again, Philadelphia is fairly confident they can land Paul but LAC can if they get creative with a deal like this where they can take on that salary in the CP3 and still have their full MLE to add a center. LAC has some plans and teams are realizing that LAC is not all in for anyone on their roster but Leonard who can opt out in 2021.

"Theyre dropping Harrell? I dont blame them after that bubble performance... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1