• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't you say something similar around the trade deadline in this very thread, that we wouldn't make any trades and we ended up with Capela, Dedmon and Teague? 

Just take it for what it is or isn't.

He has always been skeptical and in this case, for good reason. 

MIN is the team that that team is targeting for this trade. For good reason. They got #1 overall pick, they got a lot cap-room, especially if the cap is 115 million and they hold an easy to move contract in James Johnson which makes adding a 3rd team easy. 

The issue is, MIN knows no rental with tremendous options will stay in MIN and rode this rodeo before. That's why they opened up the floor to 

ATL/CHA/CHI/NYK. Of these teams, if they trade their 2020 1st and a future 2021 asset, how many will be looking real stupid next offseason, likely all four of them. The Hawks have obviously the best chance at not looking as stupid but they don't know that yet and this puts a lot of pressure on them to win now or they can lose that rental. 

GSW makes the most sense and they have the assets to get a 3rd team involved but WHY would that team load up their rival and make it impossible for them to beat GSW. They won't. So that's likely not even up for debate. Just entertaining the Warriors for them who is a rival is just getting to Warriors to show their hand more than anything. It's not real and that team will never do this deal with you even if it makes the most sense because they have to play you and beat you. 

Basically, realistically, that team has limited options but if Atlanta thinks it's a good situation for them to make this move, do not be shocked. 

The teams to watch for on draft day is GS/ATL/SAS

Teams that have great plans and lofty goals are: TOR/LAC/LAL/DAL/PHI/MIL 

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

If not George it’s Holiday but by all the hints it’s George.  

Or Blake 🤢🤮

With Supes last post. It wouldn't be New Orleans.  Golden State doesn't consider them a rival in the least.  It has to be LA. 

I did crap on Pandemic P, but if all it takes is just draft picks, I'd do it.  If it's draft picks and JC.  I'd say hell to the Naw because then we'd have a HUGE hole in the front court.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

With Supes last post. It wouldn't be New Orleans.  Golden State doesn't consider them a rival in the least.  It has to be LA. 

I did crap on Pandemic P, but if all it takes is just draft picks, I'd do it.  If it's draft picks and JC.  I'd say hell to the Naw because then we'd have a HUGE hole in the front court.

Supes said this...,

“Just know whoever it is, it's someone Travis covets and would love to add next to Trae, Cam, De'Andre, Kevin, JC, and Clint. That said, is it worth the risk considering that this offseason has a lot of suitors who are also contenders. Is it too early to bet on Trae.“

@capstone21 got it right it’s Paul George Or supes would have denied it by now lol but he can’t confirm we are right  at the time so I’ll take the silence as confirmation unless he denies  but I’m almost 90% sure it’s PG as well. obviously the plan would be to add PG to this young core we have so no plans of moving any of them to get PG here....if you look at it from the clippers stand point based on this year’s playoffs George didn’t do as well as they had hoped and he doesn’t really fit with Leonard so I can see the clippers moving on from PG fairly easily. Playoff P became Pandemic P and that’s not going to fly with West and Leonard.

the two questions for the hawks is can he help you become a top 4 team in the East adding PG around this young core??? Can he give us what cp3 gave okc this past season???....my opinion is yes to both. I actually think George would work better with young players then he would on a vet team. Reports are that the Clippers didn’t really mesh in the locker room and when George tried speaking up his teammates weren’t feeling it coming from him.

Does that mean PG will be good in the playoffs for us?? No not exactly but he would definitely rub off on the young core and help them win in the regular season games and potentially a top 4 seed.

what I don’t like about it is that adding George may mean Cam doesn’t start even though in my opinion cam is the better player between him and hunter. That’s another discussion for a different day if any of this goes down however.

one last thing I don’t think it’s risky to move our lottery pick to get Paul George if that’s on the table to add to this young core even if he doesn’t resign next off season . As long as this young core shows that they can win next season with George  on the team I would feel great about our chances to attract talent in the 2021 free agency. The toughest thing about such a move is making damn sure you win if you decide to do it! 

we are in a era where most love deep wing depth...you add George to what we have and we are looking extremely deep at wing similar perhaps not better of course but similar to Celtics 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Just leaving this here:

The preferential treatment that Kawhi Leonard received from the Los Angeles Clippers last season "ruffled the feathers of some teammates," sources told Jovan Buha and Joe Vardon of The Athletic. 

Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams reportedly "bristled" when Leonard was allowed to take games off. Leonard played in 57 games last season. 

Leonard, who lived in San Diego last year, was also "often" late for team flights. 

In addition, Leonard was allowed to control when he was pulled from games. 

The team hired Ty Lue to replace Doc Rivers as head coach on Thursday.

The Clippers plan on having Leonard and Paul George on the roster "for multiple years."

JOVAN BUHA & JOE VARDON/THE ATHLETIC

If Lue follows the same path like Doc in regards to Leonard, things will not be pretty in LAC.

• Premium Member

This is what OKC got for George last year:

The team announced Wednesday it acquired Paul George from the Oklahoma City Thunder for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari and the Clippers' first-round draft picks in 2022, 2024 and 2026, two first-round choices via Miami in 2021 and 2023, and the right to swap first-round picks in 2023 and 2025.

Great, googly, moogly....LAC won't get that much, but still....Supes said

image.png

If it's for two draft picks (2020 #6 and a future pick) that would be an easier yes.  But doesn't seem possible that is all it would take, unless they just need to get rid of him.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what OKC got for George last year:

Great, googly, moogly....LAC won't get that much, but still....Supes said

image.png

If it's for two draft picks (2020 #6 and a future pick) that would be an easier yes.  But doesn't seem possible that is all it would take, unless they just need to get rid of him.

It's not just landing the #1 pick, they want CP3 or Al Horford who are both easily gettable due to their contract issues. CP3 has made it clear, he's not opting out early and teams don't want that contract. Already a number of teams have pulled out of the convo for him due to the amount of gutting a roster it would take to land him salary wise

Minnesota is the one who wants a pick swap and a top five protected 2021 1st but teams have been on some hell naw to do that type of deal. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Honestly speaking, Russell-Derozan-KAT would be a formidable threesome. MINN may want to do business with SA. 

Can't. His opt in is after the draft and his agent is telling teams he's opting out. They have the money to make a run at him in FA but he wants to play for a contender.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It wasn't a clean rip. The most important part of the deal for LAC is getting CP3 from OKC or Horford/21 from PHI with the cap space trade with Atlanta. 

Close enough though. 🤓

So the deal is contingent on getting either Paul or Horford to LAC or no deal?

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Close enough though. 🤓

So the deal is contingent on getting either Paul or Horford to LAC or no deal?

100%. Its about being able to have an elite team with elite BBIQ and pay the luxury tax. 

Add the DeRozan SnT and their full MLE and they will end up paying the tax.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1