• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Is the only reason JC isn't untouchable because of his upcoming Free Ageny/contract negotiations?

I feel like he is the only piece that would net us something significant in return. I wonder if us transitioning from PNR to more motion offense this training camp was in preparation for a future without JC.

Hmmm...

JC is a few years into the contract process. The Hawks control Reddish at an incredible price.  Think like a GM for a sec. You know the Hawks should make the playoffs this year but who is going to set you up to compete for a championship in 3 years (our realistic timeline right now).

This is Reddish' contract going forward. number in millions.

YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY CAP HIT

2020-21   21 $4.458 $4.458
2021-22   22 $4.670 $4.670
2022-23   23 $5.954 $5.954
2023-24   24

QO:

$8.11

Hold: $17.86

So for the next 4 seasons we control Reddish, who is already a bonafide starter with future star potential for an average of just over $5 million per season.

Hunter - 4 seasons at 9.3 million average. his 4th year offer is 4 million higher than Reddish.

Huerter - 3 seasons at 4.3 million average. His 3rd year is a reasonable $6 million.

Collins - 2 seasons at $5 million average but you know he's going to get paid.

So 3 seasons from now when we should be in the championship mix.  Compare value to salary.

Reddish $5.9 mil,

Huerter $6.1 mil,

Hunter $9.8 mil,

Young $11 mil,

JC $20+ mil.

That's thinking like a GM. So looking at it like that....who are you most willing to part with and who is untouchable? This is why Trae and Reddish are the only real untouchables on the roster. You won't be able to get year 4 Reddish from anyone for under $6 mil/season.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgia said:

Per new Shams article, Hawks are expected to talk with KCP and Derrick Jones Jr in free agency.   

Both good defenders.   

Down with both of those. Jones could make a great wing off the bench. Love his athleticism - just gotta get his shot fixed. 

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Here's the Bait:

Embiid for Cappela, Hunter, and Collins

Doc gets a lot to work with.

We get Embiid in the middle...  That's like 28/11/3/3/2

Offensive and defensive threat.   Possible MVP candidate. 

They get Collins on a cheap contract.  Capella and Hunter...  Hunter has potential... 4th pick overall. 

Let's say our draft plan is to pick up Obi Toppins?  He's a 70%/40% shooter in college.   I think he could be a stretch 4 at this level. 

Tray, Huerter, Reddish, Embiid.

At the PF, you can go after a guy like Montrez Harrell... or you can bring Toppins up under the tutoring of Paul Millsap (on his last contract). 

Tray? Come on man..lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes  With Daryl Morey stepping down in Houston, will Houston look to blow it up and go in another direction.

Morey might be nuclear for the NBA. He might be Billy Beane and going to another sport not so heavily impacted by Chinese interest. Baseball or Football makes a lot of sense.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Morey might be nuclear for the NBA. He might be Billy Beane and going to another sport not so heavily impacted by Chinese interest. Baseball or Football makes a lot of sense.

yeah, but what about the direction for the Rockets.

1 hour ago, georgia said:

Per new Shams article, Hawks are expected to talk with KCP and Derrick Jones Jr in free agency.   

Both good defenders.   

Jones Jr has low BBIQ but Atlanta is said to be targeting bigs in general of late but I don't have any names which is why I didn't share. I already told ya'll KCP should be a target for us. LA does have his rights but their really focused on trying to get Oladipo who I personally think could be overpaid by a team out of the blue which I can't share who but its not us or teams who aren't looked at as contenders or pretenders. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yeah, but what about the direction for the Rockets.

The Rockets are in the worst position in Basketball. Where can they go right now? No bad contracts outside of Westbrook who still is an All NBA guy but they can't trade anyone for upgrade. They are topped out and everyone knows they don't have enough. Teams thinks they should blow it up but the owner has no interest blowing it up and Harden has no interest in leaving. 

The Rockets are in a difficult situation that it was going to be hard for Morey to wiggle out of. I think they should ride this one out knowing their ownership and lack of organizational potential. Maybe hire a different coach and GM who can be really creative.

I would look to someone like Chauncey Billups as a GM and hire a coach like who really knows how to get the most out of vets. At the end of the day, they will be a favorite of vet min guys. They tend to be good to vets so they will attract a lot of interest on the open market from cheap vets. 

Note: This is my personal opinion. I know they promoted within to replace Morey.

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, georgia said:

And Hawks are in win now mode- and could pay Fournier if he opted out but it’s not expected....

Hell no to Fournier...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Rockets are in the worst position in Basketball. Where can they go right now? No bad contracts outside of Westbrook who still is an All NBA guy but they can't trade anyone for upgrade. They are topped out and everyone knows they don't have enough. Teams thinks they should blow it up but the owner has no interest blowing it up and Harden has no interest in leaving. 

The Rockets are in a difficult situation that it was going to be hard for Morey to wiggle out of. I think they should ride this one out knowing their ownership and lack of organizational potential. Maybe hire a different coach and GM who can be really creative.

I would look to someone like Chauncey Billups as a GM and hire a coach like who really knows how to get the most out of vets. At the end of the day, they will be a favorite of vet min guys. They tend to be good to vets so they will attract a lot of interest on the open market from cheap vets. 

Note: This is my personal opinion. I know they promoted within to replace Morey.

Billups joining Clips as lead assistance with Ty Lue as headcoach.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

You asked the question about whether TS thought this team would be competitive.  Other people responded to your question.  I did the same.  I didn't "come for you."  Just was interested in the question you posed and gave you my $.02.

I asked him because he said they were trying to be competitive not the people who disagree with him

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I asked him because he said they were trying to be competitive not the people who disagree with him

Hey, why're you tryna sic AH on me anyway?  I told you there's no beef allowed in 2021.  We're friends now (in 2021, which is where I'm living now).

• Haha 1