• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yes. Top 4 in the East. Maybe not a title team but if things shake right like it did for Miami, why not us? 

There are possibilities right now that are there but I don't know if Atlanta wants to take the risk. That said, Atlanta is in good standing with that rental's agent and they have a good relationship with Travis.  That said, it's way too risky for me. It would cost two MAJOR draft assets and there is a chance it could flop considering the rental's recent situations where he has flopped. 

I don't want Victor.  He's had one GREAT season in his entire career. He has played 55 games the past 2 seasons. He won't agree to an extension that will pay him starting at $26 million per, which means he is looking for MORE, like $30 million.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So what do we give up for Butler? or someone like him?

That team wants the #1 or #2 overall pick and they really want the #1 overall pick to select Ball. They want to use that player's salary to get them a player from 4th team who's readily available for no charge. Basically, that team wants to build a contender around smart high BBIQ players who can spread the court, defend, give their priority player a lot of space to operate and they need a PG who can get the ball to players at will and make this system possible. They want to maximize versatility, size, skill, shooting, playmaking, and BBIQ. They realize their superstar isn't a playmaker which everyone knew already. It should be obvious who I am talking about. I just can't say names because I haven't been given approval to mention the names involved. 

• Like 1

Honestly at this point I don't see either Golden State or Minnesota keeping those picks. They are too good to see if young talent pans out. They are going to trade the picks I think that is pretty safe bet. GS is looking to be in the title picture next year and MIN has 2 guys with 100 million dollar contracts already. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't want Victor.  He's had one GREAT season in his entire career. He has played 55 games the past 2 seasons. He won't agree to an extension that will pay him starting at $26 million per, which means he is looking for MORE, like $30 million.

Victor is NOT that player. That much is obvious. He's not worth a lottery pick right now on the trade market. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Victor is NOT that player. That much is obvious. He's not worth a lottery pick right now on the trade market. 

can you confirm you said 'rental' .......meaning 1 year left on the contract.

Just now, Wurider05 said:

Honestly at this point I don't see either Golden State or Minnesota keeping those picks. They are too good to see if young talent pans out. They are going to trade the picks I think that is pretty safe bet. GS is looking to be in the title picture next year and MIN has 2 guys with 100 million dollar contracts already. 

They both want out. Both would rather move down, or get a young potential star with controllable years but NO one wants to do that. That's why they want a top 8 pick. I honestly think MIN is targeting Haliburton or Toppin the most. GS is obviously targeting Okongwu and Haliburton but they can move up with ease. They have their own 2021 1st to trade as well so if they moved back and added a key young player with controllable years, they will do it and move back up to get one of these players. Golden State can play chess but they gotta move back. Like I said, San Antonio is the obvious dance partner. They are zoning into Wiseman and been high on him for awhile. They also have young players that teams covet and they have options in general. 

If there are three teams to keep an eye on, it's Atlanta, Golden State, and San Antonio. Atlanta's cap space is very generous to a blockbuster deal. I also wouldn't count on Dedmon being a Hawk in 2020. The core, yes but Dedmon could be moved. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

can you confirm you said 'rental' .......meaning 1 year left on the contract.

Rental, meaning they can opt out of their deal or it expires outright in 2021. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If there are three teams to keep an eye on, it's Atlanta, Golden State, and San Antonio. Atlanta's cap space is very generous to a blockbuster deal. I also wouldn't count on Dedmon being a Hawk in 2020. The core, yes but Dedmon could be moved. 

Ha, I was about to ask about Dedmon possibly being moved? I'm cooking up a trade idea using Dedmon.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Ha, I was about to ask about Dedmon possibly being moved? I'm cooking up a trade idea using Dedmon.

He could be moved in several deals but let's just say, Atlanta can add some major contracts while being able to sign some lower tier FAs and resign some guys. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They both want out. Both would rather move down, or get a young potential star with controllable years but NO one wants to do that. That's why they want a top 8 pick. I honestly think MIN is targeting Haliburton or Toppin the most. GS is obviously targeting Okongwu and Haliburton but they can move up with ease. They have their own 2021 1st to trade as well so if they moved back and added a key young player with controllable years, they will do it and move back up to get one of these players. Golden State can play chess but they gotta move back. Like I said, San Antonio is the obvious dance partner. They are zoning into Wiseman and been high on him for awhile. They also have young players that teams covet and they have options in general. 

Derozan and #11 to Atlanta, Dedmon to GSW via TPE plus a young player from SAS and #6,  SAS gets #2 and 2021 GSW 1st.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Embiid isn't available at any cost unless it's a superstar like LeBron, AD, Harden, Luka, aka, MVP types. Teams want him but Philly isn't interested. 

Wiggins is a major issue for GS. They would have to find a 3rd team and then they have to give the other team another asset for Wiggins. Wiggins is extremely hard to move and makes trades very difficult. This is why you NEVER overpay players going into big deals. Atlanta learned the hard way with Bazemore. 

B/R and other sources has proposed this...

"

Back in February, ESPN’s Tim Bontemps reported that most league executives believed Embiid, not Simmons, would be the one to go if Philly opts to break up the band. That still feels like the wiser choice today because of the big man’s inconsistent effort level and—yes, again—that health history.

Landing spots are tricky to find, but the Sixers could do a lot worse than, say, Andrew Wiggins and a pair of first-rounders from the Warriors.

As far as the Giannis talk goes...

8 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Only guys that I can think of that supes is talking bout are booker, lavine, or beal👀

It's none of these guys. 

I did get one thing wrong. I said that the pseudo superstar's team preferred Ball at #1. I was wrong. They prefer #1 as it's a lot easier to make the money work with MIN than GS. They are undecided on Ball or Wiseman at #1. 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

B/R and other sources has proposed this...

"

As far as the Giannis talk goes...

I know this is hard for you to get but they really don't want to move Joel or Ben. Doc choose them for this reason. 

There is no path to Giannis. Milwaukee has a strong plan that should see them improve a lot with several trades. 

Edited by NBASupes

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Derozan and #11 to Atlanta, Dedmon to GSW via TPE plus a young player from SAS and #6,  SAS gets #2 and 2021 GSW 1st.

DeRozan is opting out this year from what's being stated behind the scenes and has full interest of the Clippers in a SnT deal. GS would die if they had to pay the tax for Dedmon of all players. Naw, this ain't it. We are talking about #1 overall pick. We are talking a perennial all star. GS wants to move back but they want someone like Murray. Not Dedmon. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I know this is hard for you to get but they really don't want to move Joel or Ben. Doc choose them for this reason. 

It looks appealing.  BUT look at Doc's track record... Doc works best with Guys who respond. Not with superstars.  Didn't the Clipps just lose to Denver?

I remember Doc in Orlando.  He had....Ben Wallace, Chucky Atkins, Pat Garrity, Ron Mercer, and John Ameechi... and he transformed those guys into winners.  The only talented team that Doc has ever really won with is Pierce, KG, and Allen because those were vet guys who wanted to win more than anything else.   However, look at Doc's track record with young primedonnas...  Like this past Clipper team. 

I don't think Doc left the Clipps to go work with Guys that need constant motivation.   Cappella and Collins are Doc's kind of Guys.  Hunter is a guy that Doc can get the most out of.  When you read what Doc said about the 76ers... he did have some praise for the young players, but I think he was more impressed by the depth that the team had and that they were ready to win now.   The two stars of that team are not ready to win now.  They have been successful but they are not hungry.  If Elton pulled a trade, I think Doc would be on board.