• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'd rather just stick with the kids. Making a Godfather trade for a star is so risky, injuries, team chemistry, etc. and usually the results are underwhelming. If we can keep the core then sure, but otherwise, for the most part I'd rather not. 

Are you kidding me?

First off, Stars are rarely traded.   For example... what would you take for Trey right now??... Exactly... Nothing.   Not even Lebron.

Second... Kids rarely win anything. 

You don't garner all these lottery picks to develop them all and watch them walk away to other teams.  You get enough to know who is the culture and then you use the others to get a star.

Hunter, Collins, Capella for Embiid is that trade that gets you the star.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

I was told about 5 teams have been reached. ATL, NYK, CHI, CHA, and SAS. I was told GSW was also reached for the similar deal but will have to add a 3rd team that they have major interest in to do the deal while isn't as appealing to GSW.

This would be a major trade as this would get that team the pick and another star while GS is financing it to land the Pseudo-superstar. This is the major hangup for GSW. Minny wants to do this deal. I've heard ATL and SAS have done their homework on the deal. This will cost SAS more asset wise than Atlanta in my viewpoint but MIN wants to trade back and have several guys they are targeting in our range and they want a 2021 1st rounder since they moved their 1st to GSW. 

There is a lot of info that has come out in general and most of it is true. I did get confirmation that Atlanta is looking at both Jones Jr. and KCP as possible signings. 

From My understanding, GS are trying to match the #2 and Wiggins for a Star.  Then they want to sign D8.

I've heard #2/Wiggins for Embiid.

I've also heard the same for Giannis.   Understand that Giannis would have to push for that deal. 

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Not true.

If we were to get the second trade:

Embiid for Capella, Hunter, and JC

I think it's a win for both teams.   The gamble is the injury history.  But how else do you get a possible MVP?  They said the same about Steph Curry. 

I believe that you can follow that by bringing back Millsap and drafting Toppin and you have a team that is in the playoffs and competing to possibly the ECF.

This is a trade idea more than insider info or an industry rumor and I don't see Philly wanting to trade Embiid for anything less than a star and several players in my opinion. 3 years left on his deal. Doc ain't trading that at all. They will see what they can do with Horford and the rest of the assets before they move Ben or Joel unless they are getting a top 3-5 player in the NBA with elite impact and an all star type in return. Too early at this stage. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

From My understanding, GS are trying to match the #2 and Wiggins for a Star.  Then they want to sign D8.

I've heard #2/Wiggins for Embiid.

I've also heard the same for Giannis.   Understand that Giannis would have to push for that deal. 

Embiid isn't available at any cost unless it's a superstar like LeBron, AD, Harden, Luka, aka, MVP types. Teams want him but Philly isn't interested. 

Wiggins is a major issue for GS. They would have to find a 3rd team and then they have to give the other team another asset for Wiggins. Wiggins is extremely hard to move and makes trades very difficult. This is why you NEVER overpay players going into big deals. Atlanta learned the hard way with Bazemore. 

Am I the only one that thinks trading Capela, Collins and Hunter for Embiid is paying too much? I would not do it. Is not clear Embiid will have a long career on the NBA. I understand why Philly do not want to trade him butat the same time I don't see anyone paying such a high price.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

This is back to Minny. 

Minny is talking to teams trying to trade the #1 pick. They are selling the pick with the idea that you can trade for a pseudo superstar rental for the 1st overall pick.

I just don't get the idea of trading a #1 pick for a rental psuedo star, We aren't yet built to absorb trading away the pick as well as letting the rental walk the next season, unless you plan to overpay severely.

For where we are, we need a player that intends to be around long term for continuity. Like Huerter said 'we should be getting players to grow with the team'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Are you kidding me?

First off, Stars are rarely traded.   For example... what would you take for Trey right now??... Exactly... Nothing.   Not even Lebron.

Second... Kids rarely win anything. 

You don't garner all these lottery picks to develop them all and watch them walk away to other teams.  You get enough to know who is the culture and then you use the others to get a star.

Hunter, Collins, Capella for Embiid is that trade that gets you the star.

Its Trae man......lol..Or are you misspelling his name on purpose?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just don't get the idea of trading a #1 pick for a rental psuedo star, We aren't yet built to absorb trading away the pick as well as letting the rental walk the next season, unless you plan to overpay severely.

For where we are, we need a player that intends to be around long term for continuity. Like Huerter said 'we should be getting players to grow with the team'.

Honestly, this is facts but don't count out Atlanta from any move where they feel contending is an option. As of right now, I don't see getting a tremendous rental who fits and adds wins as a massive gain as damn near everyone has cap space in 2021 and you don't want to be MIN or PHI with Jimmy Butler a couple of years ago. That said, if Atlanta considered all options. I think we could be contenders with the right moves in the East even as early as 2020-21 calendar season.

I would agree and say for outside of Golden State, this is a much bigger risk than reward and for GS to do the deal without going asset broke, they need to hope Ball falls to #2. That said, GS will likely move back in the lottery. SA has been in talks with both teams and players are available to them that weren't available to us and Golden State is strongly considering it. 

There is a reason why MIN doesn't want to do it. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, this is facts but don't count out Atlanta from any move where they feel contending is an option. As of right now, I don't see getting a tremendous rental who fits and adds wins as a massive gain as damn near everyone has cap space in 2021 and you don't want to be MIN or PHI with Jimmy Butler last year. That said, if Atlanta considered all options. I think we could be contenders with the right moves in the East even as early as 2020-21 calendar season.

Contending for what though? There are layers to this.

A playoff spot? Top 4 in the East?  ECF?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, this is facts but don't count out Atlanta from any move where they feel contending is an option. As of right now, I don't see getting a tremendous rental who fits and adds wins as a massive gain as damn near everyone has cap space in 2021 and you don't want to be MIN or PHI with Jimmy Butler last year. That said, if Atlanta considered all options. I think we could be contenders with the right moves in the East even as early as 2020-21 calendar season.

You're going to have to break it down even further for us dummies.  What would be an example of this multi-team trades involving the 1st pick and these so called pseudo star rentals?

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Contending for what though? There are layers to this.

A playoff spot? Top 4 in the East?  ECF?

Yes. Top 4 in the East. Maybe not a title team but if things shake right like it did for Miami, why not us? 

There are possibilities right now that are there but I don't know if Atlanta wants to take the risk. That said, Atlanta is in good standing with that rental's agent and they have a good relationship with Travis.  That said, it's way too risky for me. It would cost two MAJOR draft assets and there is a chance it could flop considering the rental's recent situations where he has flopped. 

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

dummies.  What would be an example of this multi-team trades involving the 1st pick and these so called pseudo star rentals?

Jimmy Butler is a pseudo superstar. Think about players in that tier. 

• Like 1