• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, DS5 said:

My prediction is that it has to be around Simmons and Collins but it's contingent on Philly getting Chris Paul. But that doesn't really fit with what supes said with regards to that team being a major FAcy player in '21. 

So Collins is the Hawk's problem? and somehow trading would do what?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok, and I'm not saying this to try to argue but, I think you're just missing the nuance.  We clearly tried to be competitive this past year - as in, they didn't want to be a doormat - but they also clearly weren't expecting to be a "contender".

You can read that as "not trying to win" but it wasn't necessarily that - imho.  I do think, once it was clear all Schlenk's additions were turds, they realized they weren't going to get to where they wanted to be as a team.

I think the goal of this offseason is to do a better job of what they tried to do last offseason.  Which, if successful, makes us significantly better.  I don't think the draft figures into that, unless they trade the pick for actual help.

Just my thoughts.  Again, not tryna fight with you.  I'm on a no-beef diet in 2021

Not trying to be argumentative but did Schlenk really think that the team could be competitive with the players he sign as free agents last year which included Vince Carter and no back up point guard?  Is he that bad of a GM?

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Not trying to be argumentative but did Schlenk really think that the team could be competitive with the players he sign as free agents last year which included Vince Carter and no back up point guard?  Is he that bad of a GM?

Fair question.  If guys like Crabbe and Turner came in and acted like professionals, we would've been a playoff team imho.  Would we have been great, clearly no.  But that would've helped us make a next step which, for a young team, is a positive thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

What will Ben Simmond do for this team?  How many wins??   Straight forward question

In a proper role, Simmons would help us immensely.  Defender and secondary playmaker.  Adds a dimension on offense while also helping us defensively. 

Not a perfect player, clearly but we'd be able to 'survive' his non-shooting as our roster shouldn't have to rely on it as heavily as PHI's.  Jmho

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What will Ben Simmond do for this team?  How many wins??   Straight forward question

Dude... I'm just trying to decipher the rumor that supes brought. Calm down, it's just an online forum buddy... 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Fair question.  If guys like Crabbe and Turner came in and acted like professionals, we would've been a playoff team imho.  Would we have been great, clearly no.  But that would've helped us make a next step which, for a young team, is a positive thing.

So we had no starting center...He brings in GS's trash.  He brings in no defense playing Parker.  trades for Chandler Parsons and somehow we are a better roster than the year before????

@NBASupes said it's a team that is confident they can sign 2 max FA next summer... I think that takes away Simmons/Embiid as they would not be able to achieve 2 max FA with Harris and the one of those that is not traded. @JayBirdHawk has a logical guess of Siakim, since Ujiri has relationship with Giannis... I don't think I'd want Collins for Siakim. 

@NBASupes can you confirm 2 things for me?:
1. Is Cam Reddish the player involved on our side?
2. The "bonafide All Star" was an all star this past year? And not years past?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Dude... I'm just trying to decipher the rumor that supes brought. Calm down, it's just an online forum buddy... 

We are trying to win not decipher any stupid rumors.  Y'all have been patient with this GM for some reason. Many think that he is some kinda savior.  I am starting to wonder about this dude and rightfully so.

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So we had no starting center...He brings in GS's trash.  He brings in no defense playing Parker.  trades for Chandler Parsons and somehow we are a better roster than the year before????

Not sure what you want from me (us), sir.  I think we were a better roster, on paper.  Didn't play out that way so here we are.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We are trying to win not decipher any stupid rumors.  Y'all have been patient with this GM for some reason. Many think that he is some kinda savior.  I am starting to wonder about this dude and rightfully so.

You're being unfair to @DS5.  The reason this thread exists is to decipher "stupid" rumors.  Maybe you meandered into the wrong thread?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47nqdm35plfz8dpikc3f

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You're being unfair to @DS5.  The reason this thread exists is to decipher "stupid" rumors.  Maybe you meandered into the wrong thread?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47nqdm35plfz8dpikc3f

Trying to understand Schlenk as a GM and his abilities as a GM is the bigger picture and why these rumor exist which don't appear to make any sense is my concern. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

It's funny how offended you get whenever someone suggests trading one our players while also acting like the GM who drafted them doesn't know how to evaluate talent.

Wait what?  I just don't understand the lateral moves being suggested if they don't improve the team significantly.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trying to understand Schlenk as a GM and his abilities as a GM is the bigger picture and why these rumor exist which don't appear to make any sense is my concern. 

We're all in the same boat, basically.  But you can't acknowledge the team isn't "there" yet but also express dismay about them trying to make moves to improve.  I'm not the biggest Simmons fan but, in the right role, he improves us significantly.  That move doesn't confuse me as much as it seems to be confusing you.  Perhaps we just differ there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

We're all in the same boat, basically.  But you can't acknowledge the team isn't "there" yet but also express dismay about them trying to make moves to improve.  I'm not the biggest Simmons fan but, in the right role, he improves us significantly.  That move doesn't confuse me as much as it seems to be confusing you.  Perhaps we just differ there.

Yeah we do differ on this.  We know that Trae and John have chemistry which will only improve over time. We also know that they are friends off the court who talk constantly.  We don't know that about Simmonds and Trae.  Heck we don't even know how they will even fit together.  We know John wants to be here and considers himself a foundational piece to the Hawk's improvement efforts and has worked his tail off to improve every season.  I'm not willing to give up on the one thing that has worked for the Hawks just yet but y'all seem to be eager to do so.  This is why I have questions.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In a proper role, Simmons would help us immensely.  Defender and secondary playmaker.  Adds a dimension on offense while also helping us defensively. 

Not a perfect player, clearly but we'd be able to 'survive' his non-shooting as our roster shouldn't have to rely on it as heavily as PHI's.  Jmho

My only problem with adding Simmons is can you play him and Capela together? The lack of spacing would probably be a problem.  However, with Trae's gravity, he could help a ton. 

• Like 1