• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He went to OKC with the attitude that it was Westbrook’s team and I think he could have been humbled by his experience in LAC.  He isn’t known to be an attitude guy.

Westbrook was an mvp.  What tf else could he have done?

If you ask pacer fans, they'd probably debate you on whether or not he's known to be an attitude guy.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I guess having long discussion about trades that have basically no likelihood of occurring isn't my cup of tea.

Thats why you should go back to that nap you said you'll take until an actually trade happens.

Everyone has their cup 'o tea.

I like talking trades, rumors of trades, possible trades, that just can't happen trades, I'll trip Schlenk if he makes that trade...all good here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thats why you should go back to that nap you said you'll take until an actually trade happens.

Everyone has their cup 'o tea.

I like talking trades, rumors of trades, possible trades, that just can't happen trades, I'll trip Schlenk if he makes that trade...all good here. 

Ok I'll play, Hawks are talking to Nuggets about a trade, it's Trae, JC, Cam and Hunter for Murray, Jokic and Porter. Discuss.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nobody's forcing you to read any of this.  Why make a mockery of everyone else's legit discussion?

Exactly kg! Supes sources broke the news that capela was heading here even before Woj tweeted out anything from what I recall.

But lets not worry about the nonbelievers! I understand supes and campster inside connections seem mind blowing for some but it’s not impossible It’s really not .....ive said this before but I once had a great inside connection for an nfl team (unfortunately it wasn’t the falcons lol), but my guy was a well respected scout for the franchise and was very close to what was being discussed in the front office. He use to tell me what was going down whenever I reached out to him Just during normal talk.

Supes guy is definitely legit to me , sometimes you just run into the right people in life. It’s happened to me.

some won’t believe supes and that’s fine no one is forcing them to...

But it’s not insane or questionable to me to run into these sports celebrity’s or perhaps know of some individuals who work in these major sports.

im sure everyone has a story they can share ...Personally I know of some decently known nfl players by way of family and believe it or not by marriage I am related to two current nba players one of whom we recently said to be going after in free agency this summer. also my step parent  is related to a HOF nfl wr that I’ve got to meet several times and oddly he’s not hard to get in contact with to this day.  I will tell this one as well my that same step parent went to school with Magic Johnson’s wife and knows her pretty well. ive met a super bowl hero who made the tackle to save the game in the final seconds and he actually coached at my high school. Seen that big ass super bowl ring in person...multiple times 

These aren’t all examples of inside sources I know but it’s just to show that ol saying is true “it’s a small world”....sometimes you just run into the right people and sometimes you’re fortunate enough to build actual relationships. I’ve been apart of the squawk a long time, Supes is too passionate about this franchise to pass along bullshit but to each their own. I have no interest in trying to persuade people and I’m sure supes or campster doesn’t either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nobody's forcing you to read any of this.  Why make a mockery of everyone else's legit discussion?

This literally happens once every several months on here. Usually when the Hawks are mentioned as well. One of the reasons I dislike talking about the Hawks in this thread. It can get too emotional and some want to make a mockery of things if it's an insider take. 

I could less about people disagreeing with my personal takes, that's normal on here but being riled up about my guy who has delivered time and time again, that's on them. 

• Like 4

Let's talk about PG13, Kawhi and LA situation. I don't have all of the specifics but here's what I do know from reaching out across the board in the last couple of months on that situation. 

1. Kawhi has rubbed a number of his teammates the wrong way. Many questioning his work ethic and reliability. This is not new. This happened in San Antonio, Toronto, and now LA. That said, everyone RESPECTS Leonard. When it matters, he always there and shows up. 

2. PG13 has been having issues with teammates going back to Indy. Many think he thinks he's better than what he really is. He's not consistent. He gets too many nicks and while teammates thinks he works hard, they don't see him as a 1A or 2B. They see him as an extremely gifted 2C. That said, many saw Jimmy Butler like this as well and just look when he finally ended up in the perfect situation. PG13 doesn't have the respect of his locker room and hasn't for awhile. Even teams noted, they got better when he gets traded. That said, he's gotten traded for some excellent packages. It's not like he's been traded for potato salad. 

3. Both Kawhi and PG13 have asked for a star PG in particular, Chris Paul. The issue is, CP3 salary makes it extremely difficult and it will gut their roster as their assets was gutted by the same team a season earlier. Also, doesn't OKC want that package. The good in the matter is CP3 wants to go to a contender and OKC have granted CP3 that they won't get in the way if they are reasonably compensated. They are also said to be looking at LaMelo Ball and James Wiseman in a larger role than you would normally see for a team without a lottery much less 1st round pick. While LAC has trade capital, there players outside of the two stars, aren't exactly going to bring you back a great deal in return. This is what's going on behind the scenes. 

4. Teammates want to run it back but many of said PG is the one that can be moved to get the squad more. Most know trades will be made but most want to stay. As much as Leonard has a part in their lack of chemistry, they don't think he's not added value. This isn't unsual either, Russ Westbrook who is extremely optimistic always thinks his teams have a chance for the title actually went to OKC brass and said this team has reached it's peak with PG. He is always too optimistic and when he said that, that's a red flag. Indy teammates felt like Oladipo and Sabonis was a clear upgrade. Like I am saying, there is red flags around PG. No one is saying it but I don't exactly think Kawhi believes in PG like that either. Obviously no one will because that will kill his trade value. 

5. For ANY team that trades for him, buyer beware. Facts are: Hard worker, smart guy, tremendous talent, elite shooting stroke, elite rhythm guy, and a smart and heady defensive player with tremendous tools but doesn't make the best decisions, can't really create for himself when it matters, inconsistent, isn't easy to work with for teammates, and has some communication issues which has been stated by former players on Indy, OKC, and now LAC. Kawhi offers issues as well but everyone knows when he plays, what to expect and they know you can win with him. 

So while I don't have all of the specifics, I know this much which is why Paul George being available for this type of package is understandable to me regardless of anything else. 

More than anything, I would think LA is offering this to MIN because well, PG13 is an UFA next year and they don't want to lose him and Kawhi for nothing but more importantly they don't want to lose Kawhi AT ALL. 

• Thanks 2

Another thing to add: 

“Dawg, I don’t even know what bristle mean.” - Lou Will and Trezz both deny hating on Kawhi

Lou Will comment

“Dawg, I don’t even know what bristle mean. Lol @jovanbuha where y’all get that from? Out your source”

Trezz comment

“Man y’all create anything for story huh lmao”

These two aren't lying. These two and Pat Bev aren't leaking or saying negative ish about Kawhi. This is why I personally feel the organization is trying to make trades but use these guys against the fanbase. It's unfair, the Clippers are truly playing this media game and it's not fair to the players who they want to upgrade from. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

So let me get this straight...Contenders don't want PG because of the obvious deficiencies in his game but Hawks management and fans do?  Help me understand this @NBASupes.  It is obvious when you watch PG play that he is overrated and not going to get better but rather only get worse.  Why would the Hawks want an aging overrated has been while giving up potential young stars.  History has taught us that you can't judge a draft by its cover.  Why doesn't management not want to just stay the course and stay away from traps like PG?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So let me get this straight...Contenders don't want PG because of the obvious deficiencies in his game but Hawks management and fans do?  Help me understand this @NBASupes.  It is obvious when you watch PG play that he is overrated and not going to get better but rather only get worse.  Why would the Hawks want an aging overrated has been while giving up potential young stars.  History has taught us that you can't judge a draft by its cover.  Why doesn't management not want to just stay the course and stay away from traps like PG?

Let's be clear: Contenders want him. It's when these teams get him, they see red flags. 

This is what I continue to ask. That said, Jimmy had some of these things put on him. Sometimes, you just gotta go to the right situation. My question is, is the Hawks the right situation? PG13 been made it clear he wants to be on a contender and get paid. His two biggest things are getting paid and contending. I am not sure Atlanta is at that stage. Trae Young and John Collins might not be ready for that. I am fine with Kevin/Hunter/Cam. They will be 5th options and backups. That's easily in their alley. Capela, easily fine with. Trae and JC, Idk. JC don't know what he is to a winning team yet. Trae hasn't played winning Basketball yet in his career. I just don't know. 

The biggest reason the Hawks would want him in my eyes is he's one of the best wings in the NBA. Hard worker. Gives us a legit wing who can help win games. He fits our system of the past and what we want to do, he's an excellent shooter, two-way player, and the obvious, Trae Young creates a ton of open looks, most in the NBA and PG really shines in the regular season at it which none of our wings even consistently did last year. We literally had the least productive wings in the NBA last year based on the entire season. Yes, they showed a lot of talent but productive, they weren't. Also, how much does Atlanta value the 6th overall pick in this draft and their 2022 1st rounder is the real question as well if they do a deal like this? 

Like I said, it's all about PG13. Does he want to embrace this situation? If he does, like Jay says, he can win here. The talent is here, the star power is here with Young. We have a lot of money. We got options. If we get to the ECF, we might could convince Giannis to come to Atlanta but this can go south. He was at his best in Indy when they had an all around squad in the early 2010s. When it was the capo, Indy struggled. As the 2B, OKC never got out of the 1st round. As the 2B in LA, he was bad in the playoffs, they won in spite of him and KP's injuries helped them get out of the 1st round. 

The playoffs are hard, he was settling for tough shots against Portland (OKC), Dallas and Denver (LAC) and none of them had good perimeter defense. Maybe having an offensive catalyst who can shoot like Trae can help him tremendous. His 2nd year with Westbrook, he was 3rd in the MVP race. 

I am skeptical because the price tag is high and the risk is just as high. 

LAC has NOT offered Atlanta anything. They have offered this to MIN. MIN just doesn't want to do it unless PG13 opts in which he's not. They are using this to sell 1st overall to shit teams like us as an option as they already asked for a Dallas/Atlanta package and every team declined their offer. They want to move down but NO one wants to move up. LAC also wants to land either Al Horford or CP3. Al could be had for nothing and maybe even you can get an asset or two out of them although I've heard they don't want to move #21 to move Al. OKC wants something for CP3 but they made a promise to CP3, they will trade him to a great situations and great situations(contenders) don't have decent assets to trade. Usually, it's the bad situations(lottery teams) that do. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am skeptical because the price tag is high and the risk is just as high. 

Well I hope this never happens because I just don't see the point of adding PG.  If he couldn't help those other teams be anything but Mediocre playoff teams at a team friendly salary, how would that be any different now that he is tripled the price and isn't as good.  People need to stop talking about PG's elite defense...He was absolutely destroyed by Luka in the playoffs.  It was just shameful!

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Well I hope this never happens because I just don't see the point of adding PG.  If he couldn't help those other teams be anything but Mediocre playoff teams at a team friendly salary, how would that be any different now that he is tripled the price and isn't as good.  People need to stop talking about PG's elite defense...He was absolutely destroyed by Luka in the playoffs.  It was just shameful!

Getting killed by MVP types isn't a red herring but what is, is he hasn't been Playoff P since Indy. He just hasn't meshed well in the western conference playoffs. Both times, he looked bad. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Getting killed by MVP types isn't a red herring but what is, is he hasn't been Playoff P since Indy. He just hasn't meshed well in the western conference playoffs. Both times, he looked bad. 

Really?  Even if it is your calling card?  Was he on Murray too?  Is Murray an MVP candidate also?  Why did the Lakers shut Murray down?

I'm not a huge PandemicP fan but he was, at points, in the mvp discussion the past two years so he's not trash. 

His playoff struggles are real tho.  And real funny.  I mean, how often do you see guys clank corner 3's off the side of the backboard?  Haha.  Dude morphed into Phyllis George in the playoffs. 

He'd definitely elevate us in the regular season, which has value.  Get our keepers some playoff burn.

• Like 4