• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

So here's the reality. The Hawks have close to $50 million to spend, trade for this year and someone is going to be here that greatly improves this team. When you consider we played without Capela, Skal, Teague for most of the year or none of the year and no Collins for 25 games...this team is going to be much, much better this year. I'm not really worried about future assets at this point. All future assets will most probably not be in the lottery.

Yeah, losing this year's 6 isn't so worrisome to me. I was more concerned when future picks or potentially even JC being included were alluded to earlier in the thread. 

If it's just this year 6, and maybe future OKC pick too, sign me up. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, High5 said:

Not to rain on the parade, but there's no chance we get PG with a couple of picks. 

We are aware of that trust me ...simply just discussing. There has been no offer on table, this is just  a what if conversation shall the hawks do get such a offer.

What is the best thing to do ?? Some see it as a no brainer while others see it as a waste of time and giving up picks for no security in return.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

We are aware of that trust me ...simply just discussing. There has been no offer on table, this is just  a what if conversation shall the hawks do get such a offer.

What is the best thing to do ?? Some see it as a no brainer while others see it as a waste of time and giving up picks for no security in return.

If you can get an All-NBA talent with the #6 pick in a weak draft and a future first then obviously you do it. But that's why it will never be offered. It's too unrealistic. 

• Like 3

I think at 6 we will have solid value on Okongwu and Haliburton, players I think have good chances of playing on this league for years.

One year rental on an all star I don’t think is exactly what we need now. Team is too young. In 2 years probably would be a fantastic move but I am not yet convinced is what we need now.

Having said that if they see decent chances of resigning PG I am ok with the move but one year rental on a season that can be special due to corona and a departure at the next season... I don’t see it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, marco102 said:

So I want to make sure I'm understanding the trade.  

Atlanta gets PG13.

Minnesota gets the number six pick and a 2022 1st pick.

LAC get 1st overall pick to help facilitate trade for a CP3? 

@NBASupes is that correct?

I'd do this trade all day.  I expect the Hawks to be a playoff team without PG13 in 2022.  It's worth the risk.

@High5 this is the part you missed and basically the overall trade except Supes explain more in detail. LAC would use the 1st pick to land CP3 or Horford . Minny wants a swap pick in either 2021 or 2022 very similar to what ATL and DAL did.

6 hours ago, High5 said:

If you can get an All-NBA talent with the #6 pick in a weak draft and a future first then obviously you do it. But that's why it will never be offered. It's too unrealistic. 

It’s not as big of a no brainer as it appears to be. George is on the last year of his contract. Very high chances that he would leave Minny or Atlanta and become a free agent in 2021 which is why Minny would flip that risk on Atlanta. Therefore in the proposed could be deal Atlanta is the team getting ripped off in a sense. Hawks would HAVE to get to the playoffs for this to make sense for us and not just barely in the playoffs at 8 seed but at least a 5th or 6th seed in my opinion if we had a chance to do this deal. 
Us Hawk fans who watch this team , most of us feel that adding PG would guarantee us a playoff spot since PG is a very good regular season player but honestly like supes has mentioned is Trae and JC our young two all star rising talents really ready to have that kind of pressure of expectations???

You have to put yourself in Schlenks shoes...if you go all in on PG and the chemistry doesn’t work and George checks out and only shows up to get his check or an injury happens to a main core player that cost us to still miss playoffs then we wouldn’t even have our future draft picks. We would then be counting on Free agency to make the team better and free agency isn’t a hot spot for the hawks and never has been.

so it’s not a no brainer and such a move could even cost Schlenk his job if it goes south. There’s a lot of risk giving away assets for just 1 year of an all nba talent. 

on the flip side if it goes well and we are in the playoffs at a mid seed say 4th or 5th next season I think even if we get swept & George becomes a free agent in 2021 ...we would be ok as we would appear more appealing for the loaded 2021 free agency.

so there’s great benefits and there’s great risk in this whole thing in my view.

• Like 2

Trading #6 and a future non-lottery pick isn't "all in" and I don't think it could ever get Schlenk fired. The Hawks would be a shoo-in for the playoffs barring injury and Ressler would be thrilled. If PG leaves after one year we will have at least experienced some winning and be in a better position for free agency. 

The thing about #6 is, besides being a weak draft, we're already trying to avoid diminishing returns from developing Trae, John, Cam, Hunter, Huerter, and Bruno at the same time. Adding another rookie to the mix would make that harder. So there's even less downside in my mind to trading it. But, again, I do not think this is a realistic trade scenario. I would probably prefer to keep #6 than trade it for what it can actually fetch on the trade market.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, High5 said:

Trading #6 and a future non-lottery pick isn't "all in" and I don't think it could ever get Schlenk fired.

who said the future 2022 pick or so isn’t a lottery pick ??? That would be our hope yes but shall this backfire that pick very well could be lottery pick . That’s what Minny would be betting on in this deal.

The Hawks would be a shoo-in for the playoffs barring injury and Ressler would be thrilled. If PG leaves after one year we will have at least experienced some winning and be in a better position for free agency. 

if all went well yes but there’s a lot that can prevent that outside of injury. Team chemistry is just as important and if everyone don’t get along or somehow don’t fit this could go south fairly easily.

The thing about #6 is, besides being a weak draft, we're already trying to avoid diminishing returns from developing Trae, John, Cam, Hunter, Huerter, and Bruno at the same time. Adding another rookie to the mix would make that harder. So there's even less downside in my mind to trading it.

this is how many of us feel so I can’t disagree with anything here however you never truly know if this is a “weak draft” until these young guys get on the court. This very well could end up being a great draft class and we could easily look back and say we should have kept the 6th pick that is if we trade it.

26 minutes ago, High5 said:

But, again, I do not think this is a realistic trade scenario. I would probably prefer to keep #6 than trade it for what it can actually fetch on the trade market.

Gotcha I can see how it seems unrealistic but talks always happen. I personally am not shocked about it so it’s realistic at least to me. I believe PG and westbrick gets traded before the season starts or by the trade deadline. If LAC can get a first pick for PG I believe they’d do it in a heartbeat. Outside of what supes has said there’s been a ton of national reports of how the chemistry is awful in LACs locker room and PG, Lou, Trez, Beverly have been the headline of that story...so that’s the part that makes it easily believable for me. Clippers getting a first for PG and moving on from his contract to place better fitting players around Leonard. Also the goal in LAC is to win now and at this stage of George career he’s proven he isn’t good in playoffs and mainly just a regular season guy. I’m not shocked that they’d rather have CP3 or Horford who has a better and more impactful playoff tracking record.

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Gotcha I can see how it seems unrealistic but talks always happen. I personally am not shocked about it so it’s realistic at least to me. I believe PG and westbrick gets traded before the season starts or by the trade deadline. If LAC can get a first pick for PG I believe they’d do it in a heartbeat. Outside of what supes has said there’s been a ton of national reports of how the chemistry is awful in LACs locker room and PG, Lou, Trez, Beverly have been the headline of that story...so that’s the part that makes it easily believable for me. Clippers getting a first for PG and moving on from his contract to place better fitting players around Leonard. Also the goal in LAC is to win now and at this stage of George career he’s proven he isn’t good in playoffs and mainly just a regular season guy. I’m not shocked that they’d rather have CP3 or Horford who has a better and more impactful playoff tracking record.

CP3 maybe, they aren't trading PG to make room for Horford. PG probably stays and they run it back. 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, bleachkit said:

CP3 maybe, they aren't trading PG to make room for Horford. PG probably stays and they run it back. 

I don't know, PG and Kawhi doesn't seem like a good pairing anyway.   Two sulkers who want the ball.   Clips should go to the Raptors blueprint.   They need a Gasol, lowry, van fleet.  

• Premium Member

If we were able to get PG13 why is a foregone conclusion he'd leave after one season? If he comes here and we have a good playoff run then why not stay? It isn't like there are a ton of teams that could pay him a max contract.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we were able to get PG13 why is a foregone conclusion he'd leave after one season? If he comes here and we have a good playoff run then why not stay? It isn't like there are a ton of teams that could pay him a max contract.

Not saying that he won't stay. He resigned with OKC (no one thought he would) to play alongside Westbrook until Kawhi wanted him and he asked for a trade to LAC. 

"But George felt like it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, to play at home in L.A., alongside a generational talent like Leonard. So in the middle of the week, he went to Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti and asked for a trade -- to the Clippers."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27130335/how-kawhi-pulled-paul-george-away-okc

After his 1 season here and he opts out to become a FA , guess what? LAL will have capspace to sign him as a FA, plus most teams will have capspace that offseason. What if he feels the draw to play 'at home' again but with the Lakers this time.

Update: 

Chicago media is reporting interest in #1 or #2 pick. It will be interesting to see at what price. No confirmation but just thought I should share. 

Cavs and Knicks have been in talks of a trade with Okoro being the target. 

Washington is planning on staying put unless someone drops they don't expect and might move up if the price is right. 

Everything is still current from what I shared on Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know, PG and Kawhi doesn't seem like a good pairing anyway.   Two sulkers who want the ball.   Clips should go to the Raptors blueprint.   They need a Gasol, lowry, van fleet.  

Well they arent trading away PG unless they can bring another star in. Going with an older, injury prone CP3 is very risky. Usually you fire the coach first (which they just did), then if that doesnt work, you blow it up. They also traded like a century of draft picks to get PG, you think they would give up on this partnership and sell low after one year? Probably not. Maybe I'm a little more incredulous than most, but I'm not buying into every draft rumor, especially when it runs counter to reason.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Chicago media is reporting interest in #1 or #2 pick. It will be interesting to see at what price. No confirmation but just thought I should share. 

Washington is planning on staying put unless someone drops they don't expect and might move up if the price is right. 

Can definitely see Chicago trading lauri to warriors plus that pick swap.

I like okoro in the knocks with rj, and Mitch.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Just now, thecampster said:

Don't be surprised if Supes isn't on later today or tomorrow with an update. 

LOL...he was already on.

Knicks are playing hardball and threatening to move down.

Minny might have overplayed their hand....asking for too much.

GS activity died down but still active.

Chicago interest is real but like everyone doesn't like the asking price.  Cavs became very active over the weekend. They seem to have a plan in place.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

LOL...he was already on.

Knicks are playing hardball and threatening to move down.

Minny might have overplayed their hand....asking for too much.

GS activity died down but still active.

Chicago interest is real but like everyone doesn't like the asking price.  Cavs became very active over the weekend. They seem to have a plan in place.

Knicks are playing hardball but they were working with Cleveland on a trade up. Thibs is in love with Okoro.

We are hearing this correctly

Same

Figures. I am waiting for more information on this. Chicago is not going to trade crazy value to move up, I wonder what could happen.

If they move to 8, I wonder who their target is. I think we all know #27 is a good value to add. 

• Like 1