• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

The assumption is those things are mutually exclusive. I'll submit my vote when you offer something substantive to back up the assumption.

Sorry, brutha.  I'm just good at strawmann'n.  I offer nothing substantive.  🙄

17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I know we get defensive about it as Hawks fans, but general managers, coaches, agents seem to be kinda skeptical of Trae, and his 30 and 10 gets the stink eye from them. He's gotta show he can play winning team ball this year. I think he will.

We started out winning last season..2-0 and almost beat Philly in the 3rd game..Then it all went downhill pretty much..lol

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Fundamentally, they won't give him respect until the team wins.  I think this is partly about him being a Hawk (if he was playing in Boston, NY, LA, etc. I think it would be a different story) and partly just a reality that many young players can only overcome when they actually win (see Michael Jordan for an example of someone unfairly dismissed as a stat hog).  Add in the fact that many of these same media people predicted him to be a bust and so are inclined to stick with that ("well, he is better than I projected but he isn't a real winner so my prediction was kind of right").

Plus they don't take into account that huge weight around Trae's ankles!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8ekcYN1pE0uohuvHfBiaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV6-7z8gwZUaAKaTVWNAlUSATSI_13711981-e1581542500837-1024x622.h-t-twitter-bleacherreport.png

• Premium Member

I have to ask: why don't we hire Kenny Atkinson to be head coach and get rid of Pierce? We all know how great Kenny is at developing players and he kinda got screwed with the Nets. I think he'd be a great addition over Pierce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have to ask: why don't we hire Kenny Atkinson to be head coach and get rid of Pierce? We all know how great Kenny is at developing players and he kinda got screwed with the Nets. I think he'd be a great addition over Pierce.

Or anybody else over Pierce!  Thank you!  Except maybe Boylen I guess

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You can read all about it here, and it's a good one:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Or this one...

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

@NBASupes  it's been 2 days

giphy.gif

What can you tell us about the rumors (started by an NY guy, could they have interest in Dipo) about Indy interested in trading for Hayward?  I see a lot of Boston fans :cute: thinking they can get a haul for him........delusions Like Rudy Gobert or  Brogdon and Sabonis.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This is such an intelligent positioning of the question.  Much more cerebral than what we usually encounter on this topic.

I have questions about CLP, but I'm not at the point where I think it's beneficial to pull the chute.  Certainly not for a guy like Atkinson who, if we really look into it, hasn't proven much more than CLP has.

I know we remember him fondly from his work here but his head coaching prowess is very much in question.   If it weren't .... I mean there were quite a few openings around the league this cycle and not a sniff his way.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is such an intelligent positioning of the question.  Much more cerebral than what we usually encounter on this topic.

I have questions about CLP, but I'm not at the point where I think it's beneficial to pull the chute.  Certainly not for a guy like Atkinson who, if we really look into it, hasn't proven much more than CLP has.

I know we remember him fondly from his work here but his head coaching prowess is very much in question.   If it weren't .... I mean there were quite a few openings around the league this cycle and not a sniff his way.

I'm open to Kenny coming back as an assistant.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2