• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

29 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I don't know what or who to believe anymore. Gonna be a wild night and wild few days of free agency...

He's quoting Jared Weiss.  Simple logic....Hayward and the Hawks had to be given permission to negotiate. Why would Hayward opt in to negotiating with the Hawks if he wasn't interested. The part about the Hawks leaking it for posturing is true and I stated this as such 10 hours ago. The not wanting be on the Hawks is nonsense. Hayward's team wants out of Boston.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

He's quoting Jared Weiss.  Simple logic....Hayward and the Hawks had to be given permission to negotiate. Why would Hayward opt in to negotiating with the Hawks if he wasn't interested. The part about the Hawks leaking it for posturing is true and I stated this as such 10 hours ago. The not wanting be on the Hawks is nonsense. Hayward's team wants out of Boston.

Reading his twitter its easy to see he's in the hip pocket of the Celtics and was planting this tweet as leverage for the Celts.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

So instead of getting Haywood for less and getting that other long term players that were going to help us ... we are now just going to get Heywood at a higher salary (where he is overpaid) that essentially kills our cap and helps the Celtics and all we are going to be left to show for it is a 30th pick (basically a second rounder that you have to give a contract to) in a very weak draft... this went from an off-season of hope and excitement to just disappointment .  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

So instead of getting Haywood for less and getting that other long term players that were going to help us ... we are now just going to get Heywood at a higher salary (where he is overpaid) that essentially kills our cap and helps the Celtics and all we are going to be left to show for it is a 30th pick (basically a second rounder that you have to give a contract to) in a very weak draft... this went from an off-season of hope and excitement to just disappointment .  

We gotta spend it on something. Sitting on a pile of cash doesn't help up. But yes if we get Hayward I fully expect an overpay, that's the NBA.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

If we all take off our hopeful Hawks glasses, it seems pretty evident that Atlanta isn't his first choice, with all due respect to Supes who says otherwise.  It just seems like if he WANTED to be a Hawk, it would or could be done already.  The theory of helping Boston facilitate another deal to make them better but getting draft pick compensation for our trouble just seems a little too convenient, imo.  I'd love it all to be true.  Just not getting my hopes up as @JayBirdHawk has suggested.  

What he said.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:
Reading his twitter its easy to see he's in the hip pocket of the Celtics and was planting this tweet as leverage for the Celts.

He covers the Celtics. It says so right in his bio so of course his tweets are going to be more "pro" Boston. Doesn't mean he doesn't have contacts within the organization or know what's going on up there. Could his info be wrong? Sure. But so could the info we're getting "rumored" here on this board by "anonymous" sources.

Edited by ShooterSays

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With all due respect to the Celtics beat writer, that is just not what I am being told. Just about everything coming out of Boston beat writers and people who cover the Celtics is the OPPOSITE of what's being said behind the scenes. Literally the exactly opposite. The Murphy guy says Boston is not interested in Harden, that's a lie.

Weiss who is the Celtics Sarah Spence, aka the writer who covers the Celtics says Hayward wants to be part of a winning franchise, which is not Atlanta. Which is also a lie. Like I keep saying, everything coming out of Boston right now, is lies. 

That's not to say those guys are liars and I have the correct info on this. That's just saying, there is a reason Chris Haynes who is a million times more credible than anyone can be who's around Danny Ainge can be is reporting what he is reporting. Ask Aron Baynes, IT0, and Kyrie how credible Danny is.

My gut says GH is lukewarm about coming here, but we are offering the most money.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With all due respect to the Celtics beat writer, that is just not what I am being told. Just about everything coming out of Boston beat writers and people who cover the Celtics is the OPPOSITE of what's being said behind the scenes. Literally the exactly opposite. The Murphy guy says Boston is not interested in Harden, that's a lie.

Weiss who is the Celtics Sarah Spence, aka the writer who covers the Celtics says Hayward wants to be part of a winning franchise, which is not Atlanta. Which is also a lie. Like I keep saying, everything coming out of Boston right now, is lies. 

That's not to say those guys are liars and I have the correct info on this. That's just saying, there is a reason Marc Spears who is a million times more credible than anyone can be who's around Danny Ainge can be is reporting what he is reporting. 

I want to believe Supes.  But like we said last night, it's doing the C's a favor that isn't necessary if both sides wanted Hayward in Atlanta that makes it seem like Hayward isn't really on board.  The extension makes it seem like he's looking for other alternatives.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

My gut says GH is lukewarm about coming here, but we are offering the most money.

The most money without complications, for sure.  I'll bet there are other teams over the cap who'd be interested in a S&T but that gets complicated.