Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

My gut says GH is lukewarm about coming here, but we are offering the most money.

Yeah, agreed.  I'm waiting to refresh one time and hear Gordon opted out and plans to sign a $100M contract for 4 years in Atlanta.  I wonder what other free agents we have a shot at.  I would love to grab a versatile guy like Jerami Grant

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is wrong. Extremely wrong. Ya'll will see. We will see in a couple of days.

"Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He's gotta pick this one. He's got to. I don't see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there's not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see."

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, agreed.  I'm waiting to refresh one time and hear Gordon opted out and plans to sign a $100M contract for 4 years in Atlanta.  I wonder what other free agents we have a shot at.  I would love to grab a versatile guy like Jerami Grant

I think you're looking at 4 yrs/120. He's not coming here unless our offer is clearly better than rest. Absolutely brutal, but that's how it goes.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I think you're looking at 4 yrs/120. He's not coming here unless our offer is clearly better than rest. Absolutely brutal, but that's how it goes.

I'll die a bit inside if we offer that, but it won't shock me.  If we were to do $30M/year for 3 years I wouldn't hate it as bad.  That would line up much better with Cam/Hunter getting paid

• Thanks 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Atlanta also may want to do an extension and trade because it limits the extension to 2 years. I would do 8% declines from his current salary which averages out to about 3 years 30 million a year. I believe.

• Premium Member

True or not  regarding where Hayward's preference is to play, Weiss writing this makes his take really questionable:

So between swapping first-round picks or a package of Collins and Dewayne Dedmond’s two-year, $27 million deal, there could be a deal to be made that gives the Celtics more breathing room below the tax line while preserving a max slot of cap space for Atlanta. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hell nah!

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'll die a bit inside if we offer that, but it won't shock me.  If we were to do $30M/year for 3 years I wouldn't hate it as bad.  That would line up much better with Cam/Hunter getting paid

I would REALLY HATE that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

If it makes the Hawks better at the end of the day, why not? Hawks fans have a natural bias and hate for Boston (it's well-deserved, F them), but can't let that get in the way of making our team the best it can be. Getting Hayward and a draft asset instead of just Hayward is better for us at the end of the day.

Facts. Ultimately there is no one in Boston right now that can openly tell you want Hayward is doing. They can't even tell you what Danny is doing.

They can say no but they really don't know

• Like 2

hace 1 minuto, bleachkit dijo:

Umm, it might be we would need to overpay to bring Hayward to Atlanta now. He is seen as someone suitable a winning program and we are not there yet.

If we are not able to sign to a range of 20 per year I think is better going on a different direction.

Best signings for us were good players that needed to prove they belong to next level, as Carroll and Milsap, we could include THJ as well.

Jae Crowder is a guy that I think could play at Hayward level at a much reasonable contract. I would rather go on that direction with 15 per year that pay 30 for an injury prone Hayward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

True or not  regarding where Hayward's preference is to play, Weiss writing this makes his take really questionable:

Thats what made me give him the side eye. He was like the hawks don't want to pay John 20 million a year. They'd so back flips if he agreed to 20 million a year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's extremely questionable to me in general. Aren't beats suppose to stay in their lane like Sekou and Sarah and leave homer idiocy to local bloggers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly. That said, I am going to continue to provide updates on what's he's been providing. But when a beat says it's not true when that's just not what Gordon is doing. Why is he talking to the Knicks and Hornets in the contract talks? Why is every team the Celtics been rumored to trade him to worse than what the Hawks will be in 2020-21 or exactly on the same level. There is no, Hayward to a good team rumor out there. Like I said, bullshit. 

This beat writer is lying or they are fibbing to him in order to do something much bigger which is what's being said behind the scenes. I will continue to trust my guy.

He hasn't let me down much when it comes to general league talk and hes been fairly accurate considering shit rarely happens in this league due to teams changing their minds, agents pumping their players, using the media to bulldog a franchise, and posturing. 

I am going to remain loyal as I have zero reason not to. 

For sure, keep 'em coming! I enjoy the rumors, but I always have to ask myself first, "From a basketball perspective, does this make sense?" And I think what you've said here about Heyward does. I hope later tonight we're celebrating an Okongwu pick, a Heyward trade, and another pick that we received from Boston.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Umm, it might be we would need to overpay to bring Hayward to Atlanta now. He is seen as someone suitable a winning program and we are not there yet.

If we are not able to sign to a range of 20 per year I think is better going on a different direction.

Best signings for us were good players that needed to prove they belong to next level, as Carroll and Milsap, we could include THJ as well.

Jae Crowder is a guy that I think could play at Hayward level at a much reasonable contract. I would rather go on that direction with 15 per year that pay 30 for an injury prone Hayward.

There is no signs Atlanta would give an extension with anywhere near this much given. That's max money. Al Horford salary is what been said behind the scenes and even said publically. My guess is he doesn't want to leave his 2020 payday and get that extension as well.

• Like 2