• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta (again), Mr. Dedmon

sturt

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Virtually all of his SAC numbers scream anomaly when you compare all of his other seasons. He's not experienced anything like this since his rookie season. I feel there's ample reason to believe the Dedmon we'll see will be more like the Dedmon we're used to seeing.

I think that is likely.  Overpaid for that but we have the cash so not a huge deal as long as he returns to form.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Cwell said:

why would you rather have someone with butter fingers that can't make bunnies at the rim? Get his tail on the first thing smoking out of Atlanta

I didn't think Dedmon was that much better than Len last season, now he makes over 3 times as much and is in the midst of an abysmal year. Plus Len is happy to come off of the bench (almost too happy) while Dedmon played his way out of the lineup and then complained to the media about his role on the Kings. 

Like I said, if he bounces back to his 2018-19 form and is cool playing behind Capela then I won't have any complaints. 

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m much less excited about this move - although granted that I was over the moon with the Capela trade.  Dedmon is fine but he has been terrible this year.  We are definitely betting on a full bounce back but he has been so bad I view risk in that.  Sacramento had no real leverage and wanted to shed his salary.  Dump trade for them.  Parker and Len for two 2nd round picks isn’t great shakes. I view Ded as an upgrade on Len at double the cost which says TS really didn’t want Parker back.  

On the plus side, Dedmon was a near model of professionalism here so don’t have big worries about him being upset at coming off the bench.  He also compliments Cap quite nicely as a big with a jumper and a FT stroke who can defend.

The screens our centers set and the boards they grab just upgraded big time between these moves.

He couldn't buy a three this year. I think it might be overly optimistic to expect his shots are suddenly going to fall. I completely understand why Sac benched him. You can't have your veteran stretch big shooting 20% from three. Word was getting around, and teams weren't even guarding him on the perimeter.

I may not win anything this season but I just added Dedmon to my fantasy team. I think that makes me King Fan of the Hawksquawk XVII Fantasy League with Trae, Huerter, and Dedmon.

@Spud2nique just needs to send me Collins so I will be even happier!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I may not win anything this season but I just added Dedmon to my fantasy team. I think that makes me King Fan of the Hawksquawk XVII Fantasy League with Trae, Huerter, and Dedmon.

@Spud2nique just needs to send me Collins so I will be even happier!

Hey, I’m not trader Bob Whitsitt but I will listen to offers 😉 

• Like 2

I don't like the trade, I think we should have got something else in return. Dedmon is not much better than Len, add Parker and probably both have more value than Dedmon.

Having said that he has been a good fit here and is a good fit to Capela, we needed s stretch big. Additionally he is not risking our position for 2021 free agency.

I understand the reasons why we made this but do not like what we got in return for Len and Parker

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

The locker room presence will be the biggest factor.

And, when we read @NBASupes comments above, he will be a great asset on team defense when he's on the floor.  Our rookies need guidance in their defensive efforts.  Our GM realized this AFTER he had let him go after the last two seasons here.

Hawks have gone from having their worst weakness being at center to much, much better.  

:smug:

• Like 4