• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think the Grizzles are doing a better job rebuilding?

marco102

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If you go out your way to trade your former stars for draft picks, that's a tall tale sign that your rebuilding. 

That’s not what they did though.  They traded Gasol and got Jonas V.  They traded Conley and got Jae Crowder, who ended up getting flipped for Justice Winslow.  

• Premium Member

2 hours ago, JTB said:

so if we could redo year 2 (traes year 2) and If we knew he was going to take off like this ....if Schlenk puts average vets around this team and if Collins dont get suspended I truly wholeheartedly believe that we are a 7th or 8th seed right now or 9th seed maybe a game out the playoffs.

thats a lot of ifs my friend lol

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed.

Memphis also just traded 2 solid vets in Crowder (starting SF) and Hill for an injured Justise Winslow. He's played 11 games this season, out with a bad back. It'll be interesting to see how Memphis ends the season without their vets. 

0-1 so far..

• Thanks 1

Grizzles have about seven guys that really count to me and several have improvement ahead of them. They are similar to us especially with so much weight on the point guard. They are ahead now but it will feel pretty neck and neck moving forward and we might see them in the postseason in the big one down the road in a few years and the decision on who is farther along or who is already there will really be answered. Will be fun following that storyline. 

• Like 3

I would say right now we are even with the Grizzleys and we will see that next season. They are Better on defense we are better on offense. In my opinion

Young>Morant

Huerter<Brooks, might change next season.

Hunter<Winslow, might change next season

Collins=JJJ, pretty even now

Capela> Valanciunas

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, warcore said:

You are in denial.

They purposely sat Conley and Gasol to intentionally lose games.

It is pretty hilarious what teams KB claims didn’t tank.  Like he claims the Astros and Cubs didn’t tank to build up their talent.  😂  No self deception is too great as long as he can say no tanking team ever enjoyed success.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Comparison is the thief of joy.

We did it with Woodys Hawks and the Pistons.

Then Ferry/Buds Hawks and the Spurs 

Then/now Schlenk and the Warriors 

We did it with Luka and Trae. 
Now we’re doing it with us and the Grizzlies

Why can’t we ever just have nice things and not shred it apart by trying to measure up to everyone else’s but our own expectations.

These comps are nothing but strawman debates that never go anywhere.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is pretty hilarious what teams KB claims didn’t tank.  Like he claims the Astros and Cubs didn’t tank to build up their talent.  😂  No self deception is too great as long as he can say no tanking team ever enjoyed success.

While KB is wrong about 80% of the stuff he says, he is right about vets win titles but teams with youth vets and extreme fit and ability do too. Our window is 2023-2028 unless Cam can extend it to 2031. 

Unless Trae learns PG skills, I expect him to last at this elite level till 31. 

Cam game is a lot more ageless, I can see his impact till his mid 30s.

Hunter is another ageless wonder. Mid 30s. 

Huerter as well. Mid 30s. 

Capela strength of his game is based on power and speed, power last forever but speed for a center usually goes around 32-33 years old unless you have major back issues. Explosiveness is usually the first to go for bigs. Speed, not so much. I prefer pace over speed like Tyson Chandler. Those last till their mid 30s. 

Other than Trae, everyone we got has an ageless Golden State type of game. 

I am pretty happy with our selections.

For Memphis, 

Ja has a peak early game. Late 20s. I always worried about it. Now Ja has more PG skills than Trae and that honestly can keep him around till his mid 30s if he attains a good jumpshot.

Clarke game is similar to Marion and most likely DMC, he could last till mid 30s and still have some impact. 

JJJ game is ageless. Mid 30s.

Melton game can peak in the late 20s. Too athletic based.

Jonas got a game that peaks in the early 30s. Maintaining athleticism is key for his longevity 

Brooks got a game that's late 20s as well. He has to have more passing skills. Right now he looks like a young Michael Redd. Not sure the peak can last long. 

Winslow is a good player, injuries has always been his issue. Maybe he can stay healthy is a less physically demanding environment. 

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Correction.  It's pretty hilarious to see what teams the tank supporters will try to say tanked when most of those teams simply were bad due to injuries or roster construction.  As long as we can glamorize a pathetic strategy for team building though, some will call it a tank.  Kind of like when people said the Spurs tanked to get Tim Duncan.  

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Correction.  It's pretty hilarious to see what teams the tank supporters will try to say tanked when most of those teams simply were bad due to injuries or roster construction.  As long as we can glamorize a pathetic strategy for team building though, some will call it a tank.  Kind of like when people said the Spurs tanked to get Tim Duncan.  

They deliberately lost games once people got injured.  Deliberately losing games is tanking.  It is not a tear down of the team.  Those can overlap but don’t have to.  The Spurs could have returned Sean Elliot, for example, but leaned into the lost season and let an old Nique chuck shots instead of trying to win.  Rational single season tanking.  Just like not returning Mike Conley to the team so you can get better draft position.  

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

They deliberately lost games once people got injured.  Deliberately losing games is tanking.  It is not a tear down of the team.  Those can overlap but don’t have to.  The Spurs could have returned Sean Elliot, for example, but leaned into the lost season and let an old Nique chuck shots instead of trying to win.  Rational single season tanking.  Just like not returning Mike Conley to the team so you can get better draft position.  

Neither was a tank because those players were not healthy.