• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

55 minutes ago, turnermx said:

When I first read that, was like damn, thats dirty, then realized it was about the game! 😄  

Brandon Goodwin is vying for Jeff's spot! Look out Jeffy!

Not even, he can't run an offense. When he was out there, he was used like a SG. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Proud of our guys. Collins and Huerter played a great game. Brandon Goodwin is the man 👨!!! That kid is a beast! What the hell! Lol. He’s really the biggest most surprised Hawk to hit the scene since Duane Ferrell came out of nowhere 30 years ago. Wow 😳. 👏 👏 Brandon :notworthy:

We are slowly but surely putting it together. Huerter and Collins run a pretty 2/4 pick and roll as stated by Nique during the game. With Trae out, Goodwin and Huerter really stepped up tonight. 

Lets get the Knicks on Sunday! Dedmon’s debut. 

ps I loved the Hunter swipe down low on Tatum. I yelled LETS GO ROOK WAY TO D UP BABY 👶!!!! 😃 

Don't forget about Shelvin Mack. That's really what this feels like. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe he can't run an offense but Teague man Teague, same shit, so many years later.......I'd  rather just roll with Goody the rest of the season. 

Maybe he doesn't need to 'run the offense' in the traditional sense, just come off the bench and do what he does best.

If Cam is coming off the bench with him, put the ball in Cam's hands and let him be the decision maker.

See what works for the rest of the season, so they can have an understanding of what the plan is moving forward.

Edit: and I'm not saying to not bring back Teague, if this season has taught us anything, we still need 'good' vets

I’m indifferent on Teague coming back next year.  There should be options for upgrades on him.

But I definitely want BG signed for a couple years (ex: 3 yr, last not guaranteed)  and would like to see him get more minutes than JT when he is outplaying him.  Which has been a lot of the time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe he can't run an offense but Teague man Teague, same shit, so many years later.......I'd  rather just roll with Goody the rest of the season. 

Maybe he doesn't need to 'run the offense' in the traditional sense, just come off the bench and do what he does best.

If Cam is coming off the bench with him, put the ball in Cam's hands and let him be the decision maker.

See what works for the rest of the season, so they can have an understanding of what the plan is moving forward.

Edit: and I'm not saying to not bring back Teague, if this season has taught us anything, we still need 'good' vets

Cam ain't ready for primary ball handling role. He's still growing as a secondary handler although he is coming along as a tertiary handler.

Edited by NBASupes

Backup PG by committee.

While it can’t be ignored that Goodwin is outplaying Teague most nights, it is equally true that when it’s Teague Time and he is on, he can make a major impact on a game.

Thing is, as has always been the case, Teague Time is too inconsistent from game to game. 

Goodwin has had maybe 1 or 2 games where I wasn’t impressed, but mostly he always makes an impact. He has earned the right to be on the floor. Teagues best value is in the locker room as a vet and mentor.

Teague should be like the backup catcher in baseball who only gets 1 game per week. Except in the NBA Teague should play 1 every 4 or 5 games. That’s about his average rate of actually showing up ready to compete.

Hopefully he can have his mind right if he has a few off days to get prepared 

16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I said that a couple weeks ago and you told me I was wrong.

YOu still might be. Me as well..Hes so up and down I dont know what to think about him yet...lol. I do know that he was forced to play way too many min as a rookie...That didnt help..I also know 3 and D wings are hard to find..We'll see..Too early to tell tbh..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1