• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae with a nutmeg off of a steal, that actually was a play he had to make to get out of the corner.

Despite Dinwiddie getting his points, Trae has had active moments defensively and has made plays.

That was an incredible meg save but it happened extremely fast. I’m glad he didn’t get hurt I’m not a fan of those plays. 🙏🏿 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My goodness. I didn't realize John Collins was having such a great month.  This man is going to ask for a max this summer!

Get this.  

John's shooting 67% on 16 attempts per game.  53% on threes on three attemps.  

25.75 pts, 10.4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 block a game.

Those are superstar numbers man. To top it off, the Hawks have been winning a lot of those games. 

If John makes another leap next season, with Huerter, Reddish, Trae, Bruno, and Hunter.  Then you add in Dedmon and Capela with a top 10 draft pick.  

These ninjas in trouble ( I had to edit Migos' song..lol).

I hope Ressler is looking forward to paying the luxury tax.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We have been numbed by Trae's greatness, but if you look at his stats, he has an off game, shooting wise every other game.  Yet, he's still almost unstoppable because he can draw fouls and has such great vision.  When he gets his NBA legs.  MAN!  I can't wait. 

John's just going to another level.  The three is opening up his drive game.  He was getting his own shot tonight.  He's literally like a top 5 pick from that draft. Maybe even top 3. 

We just got to get both these guys defense up to par.  I'm actually less concerned about Trae's defense.  When he tries he's actually passable on defense. 

John just has to work on that lateral quickness. 

No doubt we are in for a treat soon. Just keep working young Hawks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bruno with 9/9

We ONLY had 8 Turnovers!

This boxscore from tonight is something I’m looking forward to seeing many nights moving forward. Trae gets 12+ dimes and everyone does damage in a balanced attack. 💗 this boxscore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Remember they have to hit their damn shots to actually be involved though. It’s not a lack of passing from trae on most nights that’s for sure. 
Our wings stepped up and both made their shots tonight. We get more of that on a nightly basis trae probably doesn’t avg 30 but more so in the range of 22-25 ppg

Nah. He shot poorly and still put up 22.. He wont shoot poorly every night...And you best believe he's going to get his shots up. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

It was the right call to play John at the 5 tonight. LP gets all the hate when we lose, I'll give him some props for this win. His whole philosophy looks pretty smart when the players actually hit their 3's. Can't expect to shoot nearly 50% from 3 very often, but certainly way better than league worst. All around great night. 

• Like 3

On a weird funky note, with our win today we actually leapfrogged the Knicks, Wolves and Cavs into 5th worst overall for most lottery balls for the draft.

Don’t care though tonight was worth it!

Go Hawks!!! Let the chips fall where they may! The balls!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nah. He shot poorly and still put up 22.. He wont shoot poorly every night...And you best believe he's going to get his shots up. lol

I do kinda think that the ideal Trae game should be 25 and 14, more so than 30 and 8. Sometimes he will need to go off, but it was nice he didn't have to tonight.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I do kinda think that the ideal Trae game should be 25 and 14, more so than 30 and 8. Sometimes he will need to go off, but it was nice he didn't have to tonight.

Ideal for me is 30 and 15 and 5 rebounds on solid efficiency and defense. I guess that's great for anyone though..lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I told y'all John defends better as a 5. He defended on the perimeter today and was burned like 5 times. He was in the paint defending and rebounding 

But he wasn't defending 5s with an offensive game.  Allen and Jordan are useless unless they're getting lobs/passes toward the basket.