• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

12 hours ago, KB21 said:

Good win against a not so good team.  It was a struggle though.  These guys don’t know how to close a game out.  Neither does the head coach.  All he knows is the process.  

Too bad this isn’t sustainable.

I despise our defense and everyone knows this; but of the bottom 8 teams in each conference only one, the Kings, has a better last 10 game record than us. We are 5 and 5 and have been floating between 5/5 and 4/6 since mid January.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Jeff Teague is f***ing garbage

I didn't notice any more negative things about him than Trae for example.  7 pts in 14 min, 3/4 from the field, 1/1 from 3 pt range, 3 assists, no turnovers, +3.  Reddish and Collins were -4 and -1 respectively, not that I think it is a big deal.  I think Teague performed well, as did Reddish, Collins, Trae, Hunter, Dedmon and others. Graham played well despite ending up at -5.  Huerter did not have his greatest game, but he did provide timely baskets.  I even saw him play defense some.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I didn't notice any more negative things about him than Trae for example.  7 pts in 14 min, 3/4 from the field, 1/1 from 3 pt range, 3 assists, no turnovers, +3.  Reddish and Collins were -4 and -1 respectively, not that I think it is a big deal.  I think Teague performed well, as did Reddish, Collins, Trae, Hunter, Dedmon and others. Graham played well despite ending up at -5.  Huerter did not have his greatest game, but he did provide timely baskets.  I even saw him play defense some.  

I have no problem with Teague no longer being a primary scorer even off our bench. I want him to run the offense, get others engaged, while also keeping his turn overs down. At 31, I think he is perfect for that. We just need more bench help and hopefully that help is coming right around the corner.

I am hoping we can sign Teague for something reasonable and some team may see a tax payer MLE ( 6.0 Million ) for him. We will probably at have to at least match or beat that to keep him. Non tax payer MLE next season is 9.72 Million as a reference.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Watchman said:

It's not the stats, it's the in game decisions that piss me off about Teague. You gotta watch him to see why he's trouble especially on defense. He misses reads more than Damian Jones and then has the nerves to be lazy. 

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

12-14 from January 14 to the present.  If sustained over the season, that would put us as the #7 seed in the East and the #9 seed in the West.  (I.e., middle of the pack)

Pretty much playing where a lot of posters thought for the season in that time frame. The low hanging fruit is we are doing this without Capela. I am already looking forward to the draft, free agency, and next season; but I will be using the rest of my league pass wholeheartedly until the end of the season!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's not the stats, it's the in game decisions that piss me off about Teague. You gotta watch him to see why he's trouble especially on defense. He misses reads more than Damian Jones and then has the nerves to be lazy. 

Teague does not want to shoot the three any more. Him and Huerter got a laugh out of the one he made last night as they were back on the other end of the floor.

LP does not have a real system and Teague is probably still a little lost. But he has made strides since his first game.

• Like 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

Teague does not want to shoot the three any more. Him and Huerter got a laugh out of the one he made last night as they were back on the other end of the floor.

LP does not have a real system and Teague is probably still a little lost. But he has made strides since his first game.

LP does have a real system, please stop saying he doesn't. Our plays are extremely similar to Dallas. When we execute like we did last night, we are as good as anybody. 

Teague defense has been awful like this for nearly two seasons. Stop making up excuses. He is garbage defensively. He's worse than anyone on the team on that end. He is what RealGM and Reddit thinks Trae is defensively. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP does have a real system, please stop saying he doesn't. Our plays are extremely similar to Dallas. When we execute like we did last night, we are as good as anybody. 

Teague defense has been awful like this for nearly two seasons. Stop making up excuses. He is garbage defensively. He's worse than anyone on the team on that end. He is what RealGM and Reddit thinks Trae is defensively. 

I think you are just cherry picking with this execution song and dance. We shot 48.8 from three last night. Any teams so called system and execution would have looked great. A real system can be adjusted mid game when the threes are not falling. We have nothing close to that yet.

If you want to see a real system that is based on threes but can still be adjusted, watch the Mavericks for more than a couple of games. Curry and Hardaway are not always shooting lights out, but the Mavericks adjust and still win some of those games.

Edited by Buzzard

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think you are just cherry picking with this execution song and dance. We shot 48.8 from three last night. Any teams so called system and execution would have looked great. A real system can be adjusted mid game when the threes are not falling. We have nothing close to that yet.

A real system that constantly creates open looks and is 1st at scoring since Feb 1st. Come on son, stop it!  You are talking to someone who watches at least 50% of all NBA games in a season and 100% of Atlanta's twice. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

The best case for LP doing things right on offense is the quality of shots we have gotten this season.  We have been elite in shot quality.  We have been totally unreliable in shot execution.

The better teams adapt when the threes are not falling. Of the top ten teams in three point attempts only us, the Bulls, and Timberwolves are not in the playoff hunt. That is not the company I want to be keeping but given our issues with Collins and injuries it is where we are at.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A real system that constantly creates open looks and is 1st at scoring since Feb 1st. Come on son, stop it!  You are talking to someone who watches at least 50% of all NBA games in a season and 100% of Atlanta's twice. 

This is apparently only a news flash for you. I have been saying for the past month we have been hot as hell Supes; see my post on Collins and Hunters three point shooting that you liked if you need to be reminded.

I am saying we don't adapt when we are not hot and apparently this remains to be something of a news flash for you.

Edited by Buzzard