• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Draft Picks

AHF

45 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's got tools, but a looooong way to go. 

We already knew that though. He had a huge learning curve coming in to the league.

The thing about Edwards, which I find curious, is that he doesn't have the same hype a most #1 overall picks do. Nobody was ever saying he is the second coming. So, to me, there is less pressure on the kid. He can, and should, take his time to develop his skills for this level. If done correctly, and not forced to do too much too soon, he can develop nicely in a few seasons to be a sound, physical two way impact player, with show stopping athleticism.

However, unfortunately for the T'Wolves, I dont see a scenario in which he turns out better than Ball, which is enough to make you question the pick.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We already knew that though. He had a huge learning curve coming in to the league.

The thing about Edwards, which I find curious, is that he doesn't have the same hype a most #1 overall picks do. Nobody was ever saying he is the second coming. So, to me, there is less pressure on the kid. He can, and should, take his time to develop his skills for this level. If done correctly, and not forced to do too much too soon, he can develop nicely in a few seasons to be a sound, physical two way impact player, with show stopping athleticism.

However, unfortunately for the T'Wolves, I dont see a scenario in which he turns out better than Ball, which is enough to make you question the pick.

Yea, it was a super weak draft and everyone knew it coming in, so I think it's true the pressure is not the same. Bunch of mid round type talent, outside of Tyrese and Ball. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

There could have been 5 different guys picked at #1 that would have surprised very few people.  Very weak year as far as #1 overall picks.  There is a huge difference between those years with a LeBron or Timmy, etc. and those like this or Kwame Brown, etc.  Expectations should be very different.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With 75% of the season completed, which prospects were you right about and which ones were you dead wrong on?

I was on with:

1. Okongwu (still would pick him if we did it again he’s a monster)

2. Saddiq Bey (this kid is rough n tough NBA made 2 way)

3. James Wiseman (holes in his game, he’s as slow as I saw. He will be a stat guy not a diff maker)

Off on:

1. Devin Vassell (still think he’s good but thought faster start specially with Pop)

2. Cole Anthony (better than I thought)

3. Precious Achuiwa ( @kg01 fault lol better than I thought)

4. Jaden McDaniels (better than I thought)

5. Theo Maledon ( @AHF boy muuuuch better than I thought)

6. Aleksej Pokusevski (much better than I thought so early and versatile)

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I was on with:

1. Okongwu (still would pick him if we did it again he’s a monster)

2. Saddiq Bey (this kid is rough n tough NBA made 2 way)

3. James Wiseman (holes in his game, he’s as slow as I saw. He will be a stat guy not a diff maker)

Off on:

1. Devin Vassell (still think he’s good but thought faster start specially with Pop)

2. Cole Anthony (better than I thought)

3. Precious Achuiwa ( @kg01 fault lol better than I thought)

4. Jaden McDaniels (better than I thought)

5. Theo Maledon ( @AHF boy muuuuch better than I thought)

6. Aleksej Pokusevski (much better than I thought so early and versatile)

Achiwu is a defensive role player, not much more.  What did I even say about him?  I really don't remember.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With 75% of the season completed, which prospects were you right about and which ones were you dead wrong on?

I was really high on Killian, but he's been injured.  

I was right about Ball and Edwards has looked better lately.  

Haliburton - I was wrong because I wanted Killian over him.  However, he didn't want to be a Hawk so I guess it's a moot point. 

This year for the Hawks, I'm really high on Kai Jones (6'11, 7'1" wingspan), but it looks like he'll be a top 10 pick. :(. Tre Mann would be a great pick up too. I just think the Hawks need to get some size in the backup center spot.  

Kai is very raw, but he's like a combination of Collins and Capela.  He's only been playing basketball for five years.  I wouldn't mind the Hawks trading up and getting him. The defensive potential is eye popping and he has the ability to stretch the floor. 

Here's a good scouting report on Kai.  

@NBASupes any thoughts on Kai and Tre? 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Achiwu is a defensive role player, not much more.  What did I even say about him?  I really don't remember.

Lol you just asked me kindly to leave him out of US selecting him 1-14 (if we had traded down from 6) I think, or maybe altogether. I just remember I kept him out of the poll selections. I was with you though I didn’t love him but he’s not all bad.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Lol you just asked me kindly to leave him out of US selecting him 1-14 (if we had traded down from 6) I think, or maybe altogether. I just remember I kept him out of the poll selections. I was with you though I didn’t love him but he’s not all bad.

Ah yeah, I stand by that.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How does your BIL like him? Has he compared him to Rodman yet? 😂 

Sadly, me and the BIL don't really speak anymore.  Our wives are sisters, hence BIL's, but they got divorced so it's been ... weird. 🤨

may be the end of an era of BIL jokes.

• Sad 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Sadly, me and the BIL don't really speak anymore.  Our wives are sisters, hence BIL's, but they got divorced so it's been ... weird. 🤨

😔 the whole system’s breaking down. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Do you still live in a Sac (de cul) at least? If you move, that’s it for me, I got nothin!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, marco102 said:

I was really high on Killian, but he's been injured.  

I was right about Ball and Edwards has looked better lately.  

Haliburton - I was wrong because I wanted Killian over him.  However, he didn't want to be a Hawk so I guess it's a moot point. 

This year for the Hawks, I'm really high on Kai Jones (6'11, 7'1" wingspan), but it looks like he'll be a top 10 pick. :(. Tre Mann would be a great pick up too. I just think the Hawks need to get some size in the backup center spot.  

Kai is very raw, but he's like a combination of Collins and Capela.  He's only been playing basketball for five years.  I wouldn't mind the Hawks trading up and getting him. The defensive potential is eye popping and he has the ability to stretch the floor. 

Here's a good scouting report on Kai.  

@NBASupes any thoughts on Kai and Tre? 

Outside of the top 10 guys. I really don't know much about this class. My attention to the college game has massively dropped compared to normal 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Same. I can’t deal with drafts now, we got what we need, time to mold our core baby!

I still think we need one more big body to throw out there at the PF/C position.  OO is great, but no way you can throw him out there against an Embiid in a playoff series.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I still think we need one more big body to throw out there at the PF/C position.  OO is great, but no way you can throw him out there against an Embiid in a playoff series.  

How do you like the Capela/Embiid matchup? Can Capela contain Joel to some degree? It’ll be hard to stop Embiid but contain.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How do you like the Capela/Embiid matchup? Can Capela contain Joel to some degree? It’ll be hard to stop Embiid but contain.

Capela has done it before, but it'll be difficult. My plan would be to make sure Tobi doesn't go off and make Simmons try to be the second scorer. Easier said than done though.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I say another defensive wing, as insurance if Cam doesn't work out. Plus, you always need those type players.