• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

So my mention of Huerter is that he should be our 6th man in the rotation with Reddish and Hunter. His strength limitations at the 2 on defense just creates too many mismatches with Trae on the floor. Huerter threw it down a few times this past year, his hops aren't a problem but his first step, especially defensively is. People expose him almost every game with his late reaction time on ball. He plays defense scared, preferring to give and get help over going 1v1. Most of his fouls are late reactions to defensive breakdowns where he is giving help. Next to Trae, whose help recognition is good but whose effort is inconsistent and he is limited by wingspan just creates too many breakdowns.

Stopping dribble penetration begins with the body and footwork, if your footwork is slow, you can't keep your man in front. 90% of your footwork is recognition and beating your man to the spot. Huerter loses this battle nightly. See this overcompensating wide stance because he knows he can't move laterally quickly enough to guard 2's consistently. See below. And as far as "White Men Can't Jump". I miss Chris Crawford. He was one beautiful bag of ugly.  

Atlanta Hawks

Damn, I missed reading your posts brother

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Focus on teams that are cash strapped/small market and/or avoiding the Luxury Tax implications. List of teams: Houston, Denver, Sacramento, Orlando, Indy, Utah, BKN, SAS, 6ers.

Throw the Blazers in there too I think. No, this isn’t a cry for my boy CJ, he doesn’t fit our timeline, but maybe for Ariza. :neo:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

We need to make the playoffs, see how well our young players compete at that level, then determine what expensive holes need to be filled in.

I agree with this to an extent. Yes I want to keep our core and yes we should make the playoffs before making major moves, but we need to quality vets that are hungry to actually help us get into the playoffs. If we go into next year’s campaign without some key vets, chances are we may not make the playoffs again and that might make for a drastic knee jerk unwanted trade of a core guy.

Thats why I want a Taj, Beasley or some vets that have proved to be hustling players with leadership qualities and playoff pedigree. 

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trading for some players off the bench. Some blue collar type vets for our young squad. Short contracts that expire by 2021. 

JJ Redick- We need shooting and he’s one of the best in the biz. Who better to mentor Huerter and Trae and our gunners.

Trevor Ariza- Defensive stalwart for many years and has championship pedigree. Not sure how much left in the tank though. 

Doug McDermott- See Redick.

TJ McConnell- Gritty gutty backup point guard who could have been your paper boy as well. Reminds me of John Crotty a bit. 

Taj Gibson- Backup PF/C. Legit quality big. He’s gonna get those key boards. He has for years.

Totally agree with your premise but pretty much hate all the players you listed except McDermott and maybe Reddick.

Ariza was done 6 years ago.  I have no idea why/how he still has the rep as a defender.  All he is is a clutch-grab guy at this point.  McConnell is vastly overrated.  He's aiight as long as he's in a very limited role.

I guess I can tolerate Gibson.  

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Totally agree with your premise but pretty much hate all the players you listed except McDermott and maybe Reddick.

😂 I’m actually a bit worried that Ariza will bring us VC 2.0. I love VC but we need more impact since we are done with the fair well tour.

TJ had a down year but I’m not sure if he struggled or the league finally found a way to stop his little annoying a$$.

Titty Gibby will board till he’s 82 though. Three things in life are for certain.

1. Death 💀 

2. Taxes

3. Taj grabbing that board

ps Dougie Mcbuckets would be a cheap way of getting a Joe Harris if we lose out on him.

Just looking for quality vets but the problem is most quality vets are already on vet teams, or they are over the hill and nobody wants them. It’s a fine line from being a quality vet to being over the hill. I guess players from 2015 and on are known as “the new vets”...

Damn I’m getting old. 😞 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😂

Damn I’m getting old. 😞 

Oh, Ancient one.  I was a Cleveland Indian fan when they won the World Series.  That was 1948.

Who were you rootin' for in that series?

:smug:

• Haha 3

Ok don’t throw rocks at me, I like our core but this is an exercise for fun and changing the look of our squad. 

Suns receive: De’Andre Hunter+Kevin Huerter+2020 Hawks 1st (projected 4th)+Dewayne Dedmon

Hawks receive: Devin Booker +2020 Suns 1st (projected 10th pick)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ychmrrwn

Hawks lineup:

Trae

Booker

Cam

Collins

Capela

Suns lineup:

Rubio

Huerter

Bridges

Hunter

Ayton

Edited by Spud2nique

• Premium Member

(As the resident Washington baseball ambassador to this board, I am strongly offended at the idea that someone would think two AL teams contended for the world title. Just sayin. 🙂  )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Oh, Ancient one.  I was a Cleveland Indian fan when they won the World Series.  That was 1948.

Who were you rootin' for in that series?

:smug:

The twinkle 🤩 in my folks 👁’s 😂 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree with this to an extent. Yes I want to keep our core and yes we should make the playoffs before making major moves, but we need to quality vets that are hungry to actually help us get into the playoffs. If we go into next year’s campaign without some key vets, chances are we may not make the playoffs again and that might make for a drastic knee jerk unwanted trade of a core guy.

Thats why I want a Taj, Beasley or some vets that have proved to be hustling players with leadership qualities and playoff pedigree. 

I agree we need some quality coming off the bench. Last season was a disaster. I like the idea that Huerter or Reddish can cover for each other if there is a short term injury. I like Dedmon as a short term starter if Capela gets nicked up. Teague in a similar fashion that I see Dedmon.

We do not have that luxury behind Collins. One of the reasons I like Bertans so much is I look at him as a high quality backup. Same for Crowder and Grant. We need to get deeper and that depth needs to be better quality than what we had last season by a pretty large margin.

It does not have to be Bertans, Crowder, or Grant; but I think backup SF and PF are our most glaring weaknesses. This is provided we resign Teague.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok don’t throw rocks at me, I like our core but this is an exercise for fun and changing the look of our squad. 

Suns receive: De’Andre Hunter+Kevin Huerter+2020 Hawks 1st (projected 4th)+Dewayne Dedmon

Hawks lineup:

Trae

Booker

Cam

Collins

Capela

Suns lineup:

Rubio

Huerter

Bridges

Hunter

Ayton

I don't want any part of that. Trae and Booker would be like Wall and Beal but with zero defense. We know what Wall and Beal have done. Diddly squat nothing.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😂 I’m actually a bit worried that Ariza will bring us VC 2.0. I love VC but we need more impact since we are done with the fair well tour.

TJ had a down year but I’m not sure if he struggled or the league finally found a way to stop his little annoying a$$.

Titty Gibby will board till he’s 82 though. Three things in life are for certain.

1. Death 💀 

2. Taxes

3. Taj grabbing that board

ps Dougie Mcbuckets would be a cheap way of getting a Joe Harris if we lose out on him.

Just looking for quality vets but the problem is most quality vets are already on vet teams, or they are over the hill and nobody wants them. It’s a fine line from being a quality vet to being over the hill. I guess players from 2015 and on are known as “the new vets”...

Damn I’m getting old. 😞 

Agree on McDermott and Gibson.  Gibson had old-man game as a rookie.  No doubt he could help a team 'til he can qualify for social security.

McConnell suffered from backup QB disease in PHI.  He's just a below average ballplayer that has the profile of a guy much better.

Ariza is livin' off a rep he no longer has.  JMHO

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks lineup:

Trae

Booker

Cam

Collins

Capela

Suns lineup:

Rubio

Huerter

Bridges

Hunter

Ayton

I doubt the Suns would bite on that.  Needs a trade demand to apply some pressure.  Then it'd be a good offer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I don't want any part of that. Trae and Booker would be like Wall and Beal but with zero defense and we know what Wall and Beal have done. Diddly squat nothing.

Ya I’m not happy with the D but you would be getting the greatest shooting backcourt in the NBA hands down. You would need to build a wall of defense around these two though I agree.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't want any part of that. Trae and Booker would be like Wall and Beal but with zero defense and we know what Wall and Beal have done. Diddly squat nothing.

I hear you, in general.  That WAS backcourt has all the press, none-a the payoff.

But I think Booker has more defensive potential and is a more well-rounded player than Beal.  I think it's fair to suggest he's been subject to Suns-itis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks lineup:

Trae

Booker

Cam

Collins

Capela

Suns lineup:

Rubio

Huerter

Bridges

Hunter