• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Jersey!!!

ShooterSays

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You are so wrong on that it hurts me deep inside. Look at my avatar and apologize to that man!

They are so ugly.  Thought that back in the 90's and firmly believe that today.  The only thing I like about that jersey is that I associate with a lot of Hawks that I really love especially Smitty, Mookie, and Deke.  Felt bad that they had to wear those garbage jerseys at the time and feel bad for the current team that we are moving from the glorious MLK jerseys to these ugly things.

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

The new court is 🔥 though.

2021-22 City Edition Court

Not a fan in any form but it works much better on the court than on a jersey.

But still a step down from last year's.

20-21 MLK Nike City Edition | Atlanta Hawks

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The unintentional comedy of soth hating jerseys while loving the absolute worst iteration of Hawks jerseys in history is worth the price of admission. 

No way.   The Joe Johnson, are we the clippers, sixers, or raptors, jerseys have to go down as the worst all time?   Just abandon the entire color scheme?  What21-jpg.jpg?w=650&f=1&nofb=1

And say what you want but Soth was right about the volt.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No way.   The Joe Johnson, are we the clippers, sixers, or raptors, jerseys have to go down as the worst all time?   Just abandon the entire color scheme?  What21-jpg.jpg?w=650&f=1&nofb=1

Thank you on all accounts. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47gj2r7iakzsguez1sfy

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thank you on all accounts. 

It's like that now, soth.  Sending mac-father to do your dirty work?  I can't even get a snarky response now?  Geez.  I remember the days when you had to crank your old compaq presario to post.  Now that you're smartphonin' it .... hhmph.  Big timin' us.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I call this damning with faint praise.

Soth:  "Ben Simmons was a great free throw shooter in the regular season last year."

KG:  "Ben Simmons was the worst free throw shooter in the entire league last season!"

Mac Response:  "Actually, Clint Capela shot 3% worse last year than Ben. "

Soth:  "Thank you!"

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

I think the problem is we get AT LEAST one new jersey a year now, so it's almost impossible to continue creating unique ones that all look good.  It kind of sucks because we'll never be able to look back and see a particular jersey and be like "that's the trae young era" because trae will probably sport 40 different jerseys before he retires.  This one is O.K. imo and I think it will be clean on the designed court, but nearly anything would be a step down from that hawk logo mosaic on the MLK court.

• Like 1

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think the problem is we get AT LEAST one new jersey a year now, so it's almost impossible to continue creating unique ones that all look good.  It kind of sucks because we'll never be able to look back and see a particular jersey and be like "that's the trae young era" because trae will probably sport 40 different jerseys before he retires.  This one is O.K. imo and I think it will be clean on the designed court, but nearly anything would be a step down from that hawk logo mosaic on the MLK court.

So much this.  We stumbled onto gold with our city jersey last year and the accompanying court design.  I'd much rather say "we nailed it" and stick with that and let it become part of our branding and identity than cycle through a new one every year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Comparison to other teams' new city jerseys.  

The Twolves and Pacers are the best.

Why the hell aren't the Hornets going with the purple pinstripes from the Grandmama and Zo days?

I'm actually wearing my LJ purple Hornets jersey right now as I type this. 

61zU92xg-YL.__AC_SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I call this damning with faint praise.

Soth:  "Ben Simmons was a great free throw shooter in the regular season last year."

KG:  "Ben Simmons was the worst free throw shooter in the entire league last season!"

Mac Response:  "Actually, Clint Capela shot 3% worse last year than Ben. "

Soth:  "Thank you!"

You have a questionable fashion sense my brother. Those Joe Johnson jerseys shown in that pic were trash. The yellow mustard ones in the mid 00's was also trash. The mid 90's jerseys you are disrespecting are the best we've ever had. The only one close to it is the one I've NEVER seen us use again and that's the 93/94 or so black Hawks jerseys. Loved those.

11904_Atl94.jpg

That black jersey and shorts were awesome.

• Premium Member

I think I've come to realize I just like black jerseys in general, all my favorite jerseys are usually black with tasteful colorings/designs alongside.  I really like Utah's jersey from above, same for the warriors, knicks, and suns.  I even like the raptors one despite the barney looking dinosaur.  Miami is the only black jersey I don't like but that's because the lettering looks like a high school cheer squad

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think I've come to realize I just like black jerseys in general, all my favorite jerseys are usually black with tasteful colorings/designs alongside.  I really like Utah's jersey from above, same for the warriors, knicks, and suns.  I even like the raptors one despite the barney looking dinosaur.  Miami is the only black jersey I don't like but that's because the lettering looks like a high school cheer squad

The lettering reminds me of this for some odd reason 😆

In Living Color - Wikipedia

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You have a questionable fashion sense my brother. Those Joe Johnson jerseys shown in that pic were trash. The yellow mustard ones in the mid 00's was also trash. The mid 90's jerseys you are disrespecting are the best we've ever had. The only one close to it is the one I've NEVER seen us use again and that's the 93/94 or so black Hawks jerseys. Loved those.

11904_Atl94.jpg

Horrid.  That's low-budget AAU program level.

Ooh look, it's the Covington "Hawks" church league, AAU squad sponsored by Saucony.

😄 @macdaddy I await your ...er sothron's response by proxy.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

11904_Atl94.jpg

Ben Simmons' ft% is trash.  So is Capela's.  So is Dwight Howards.

Those 90's uniforms are also trash.  Far from the best we've had even if we've had uninspiring choices in other years.

The Pacman uniforms are the obvious choice for classic Hawks uniform greatness.